Review AFL R3 vs Adelaide @Metricon 1:05pm Sunday 21st June

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if you look at his possession heatmap, half of his possessions were on the wing (3 of them towards the back half too), and also had two clearances for the game (one centre). So it does look like he did play some midfield. But even then, even if he did play mostly forward, he should've had more than two tackles (and neither of those tackles were inside 50) and one scoring shot. And his metres gained was still pretty low, for any player really (unless you're a key position player, or deep forward pocket who doesn't spend any time in the midfield). I like the kid, but his numbers are well down in pretty much all areas, and if you judge his game as a forward, it's just as bad. I would love to see him keep his spot (as I prefer him over the other players in question), but you can't argue with the numbers.

But yeah, this is a great problem to have. Nice to see most of the list is healthy and playing well.
Fair enough. Do you know what his pressure act count was at least? He normally redeems himself as that.

Doubtless I look at Darce with rose coloured glasses.

Fair enough. Do you know what his pressure act count was at least? He normally redeems himself as that.

Doubtless I look at Darce with rose coloured glasses.

He had 17, which is higher than most of the team. Although, guys Miller, Weller and Rowell had more.

And I feel you on that. He's one of my favourite players; but unfortunately, his numbers look to be down in a number of areas. I hope he returns to form, and maybe dropping him will give him the kick in the backside he needs to do that.

Lions fans getting emails with ballot tickets right now. Suns nothing yet?
I got an email letting me know I've got 2 tickets.

In my stupid excitement though I entered the passwords separately, thinking you could only put 1 password in a time, so we're sitting like 16 rows apart now. Feel like such an idiot!

I got an email letting me know I've got 2 tickets.

In my stupid excitement though I entered the passwords separately, thinking you could only put 1 password in a time, so we're sitting like 16 rows apart now. Feel like such an idiot!
Better than not getting ticket😞 Enjoy.

Better than not getting ticket😞 Enjoy.
That's true, if you'd asked me before I'd have said I don't care if we are sitting together! I just feel dumb knowing it was my own fault. Oh well..

If you put yourself in for one it might be worth checking you junk/spam emails. That's where mine went for some reason!

That's true, if you'd asked me before I'd have said I don't care if we are sitting together! I just feel dumb knowing it was my own fault. Oh well..

If you put yourself in for one it might be worth checking you junk/spam emails. That's where mine went for some reason!
All good. Hopefully 4K against Fremantle next week with a better chance. No new covid cases in QLD so after Fremantle I would expect 7K crowd soon.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milera is one of those guys performs a lot better against GC than most teams because of the smaller pressure we traditionally put on. He usually rips us to pieces with his elite ball skills by foot. Happy to see he's not playing us (though never happy for injuries)

I think when everyone's in form, he's better than Fiorini, Lemmens, Powell and Ainsworth;
All opinions valid and respected but my opinion is that while he may vie with Lemmens for a spot he's a class below the others mentioned
Ainsworth's goal collecting the loose ball from the contest and running through CHF to goal on Saturday isn't in Darcy's repertoire

Last edited:
How refreshing to be picking players on current form and effort instead of picking them by default based on the fact that they're physically able to stand. Having to fight for spots brings the hunger that we need and that sense of desperation that I'm not sure we've ever had enough of. And my guess is Holman and Mcpherson 🤔

Im having no confidence in a win until the game is over. I love the boys and this is a game we should win, but we have proven many times we don't win these games
This is my view exactly, we have proven time and time again we never live up to the hype of good wins, hopefully all that can change on Sunday

All opinions valid and respected but my opinion is that while he may vie with Lemmens for a spot he's a class below the others mentioned
Ainsworth's goal collecting the loose ball from the contest and running through CHF to goal on Saturday isn't in Darcy's repertoire

Well this opinion is mainly based on what they've shown thus far. Ainsworth will likely be end up a much better player in maybe a year or two, but right now MacPherson's is a bit ahead since he can win the ball, covers more distance across the ground and is better defensively (with his pressure acts and tackling). Same for Fiorini, but right now, I feel Darce does a lot more with ball in hand (and without). Powell hasn't shown anything near what Darce has done (at his best) yet, and he is a lot more consistent then Lemmens. Darce may be overtaken by more talented players in a year or two, but right now he's still clearly in the best 22 when in form imo.

Im having no confidence in a win until the game is over. I love the boys and this is a game we should win, but we have proven many times we don't win these games

Yeah, plus Adelaide will be much more hungrier for a win. Port are a very good team in very good form, and people forget they only lost to Sydney by 3 points (who are also a fairly good side). A lot of the boys who will play this weekend will probably never played a game where they were favourites before, and who knows how some of them will handle it.

Last edited:
How refreshing to be picking players on current form and effort instead of picking them by default based on the fact that they're physically able to stand. Having to fight for spots brings the hunger that we need and that sense of desperation that I'm not sure we've ever had enough of. And my guess is Holman and Mcpherson 🤔
That's my guess too. But that's only based on they are the last two mentioned on the extended interchange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back