AFLW AFLW Season 5, Mega thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a member of an AFLW Club, do I have access to attend AFLW matches?
All attendees will require a ticket issued by the relevant Ticket Agent to access an AFLW match. AFLW membership entitlements vary from Club to Club, therefore please refer to the correspondence issued by your Club to clarify member entitlements.

When will tickets be on-sale?
On-sale dates for Round 1 and 2:

• Round 1:
Home Members: Monday, January 25th at 9am

General Public: Monday, January 25th at 10am

• Round 2:
Home Members: Monday, February 1st at 9am

General Public: Monday, February 1st at 11am

I'm hoping we'll here from the club in regards to tickets & access, as they have previously advised that AFLW members will have access as part of their membership:

The AFL has announced the AFLW season will be ticketed for the first time in 2021. Secure your free access to all Cats home games at GMHBA Stadium with an AFLW Membership*

• Get free access to our AFLW home games at GMHBA Stadium*. (Ticketing details on how to redeem your free ticket will be communicated to you via email from mid January 2021).

Haven't heard anything yet from the club though

I'm hoping we'll here from the club in regards to tickets & access, as they have previously advised that AFLW members will have access as part of their membership:

The AFL has announced the AFLW season will be ticketed for the first time in 2021. Secure your free access to all Cats home games at GMHBA Stadium with an AFLW Membership*

• Get free access to our AFLW home games at GMHBA Stadium*. (Ticketing details on how to redeem your free ticket will be communicated to you via email from mid January 2021).

I was hoping I hadn't missed the email. For some reason we haven't been getting emails despite confirming all contact details.

changes to the first 2 rounds of the AFLW season - no changes to either of our games though:

Round one
Thursday, January 28
Carlton v Collingwood at Ikon Park, 7.15pm AEDT

Friday, January 29
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs at RSEA Park, 7.10pm AEDT

Saturday, January 30
Gold Coast v Melbourne at Metricon Stadium, 2.10pm AEST
West Coast v Adelaide at Mineral Resources Park, 2.10pm AWST

Sunday, January 31
Geelong v North Melbourne at GMHBA Stadium, 12.10pm AEDT
Richmond v Brisbane at Swinburne Centre, 2.10pm AEDT
Fremantle v GWS Giants at Fremantle Oval, 1.10pm AWST

Round two
Friday, February 5
Western Bulldogs v Carlton at VU Whitten Oval, 7.45pm AEDT

Saturday, February 6
GWS Giants v West Coast at Norwood Oval, 12.40pm ACDT
Collingwood v Gold Coast at Victoria Park, 3.10pm AEDT
Melbourne v Richmond at Casey Fields, 5.10pm AEDT

Sunday, February 7
North Melbourne v St Kilda at Arden Street, 1.10pm AEDT
Brisbane v Geelong at Hickey Park, 2.10pm AEST
Adelaide v Fremantle at Norwood Oval, 4.40pm ACDT

Round two
Friday, February 5
Western Bulldogs v Carlton at VU Whitten Oval, 7.45pm AEDT

Saturday, February 6
GWS Giants v West Coast at Norwood Oval, 12.40pm ACDT
Collingwood v Gold Coast at Victoria Park, 3.10pm AEDT
Melbourne v Richmond at Casey Fields, 5.10pm AEDT

Sunday, February 7
North Melbourne v St Kilda at Arden Street, 1.10pm AEDT
Brisbane v Geelong at Hickey Park, 2.10pm AEST
Adelaide v Fremantle at Norwood Oval, 4.40pm ACDT

Nice to see them name a ground after Mel Hickey so soon after her retirement. ;)

Apologies to the earlier post - slight change to our round 1 match, it's the same place against the same team, but at an earlier time slot

Still waiting for an email from the club in regards to the AFLW member pre sale......

I'll admit I'm getting a bit antsy - having not been to any game for nearly 10 months I want these tickets in my hand. Won't be happy if I miss out. I haven't been able to read anywhere about the capacity for the game either.

Still waiting for an email from the club in regards to the AFLW member pre sale......

I'll admit I'm getting a bit antsy - having not been to any game for nearly 10 months I want these tickets in my hand. Won't be happy if I miss out. I haven't been able to read anywhere about the capacity for the game either.
I have asked twice on Twitter this week about when will members receive this info, especially as tickets are meant to go on sale on Monday

Awaiting a reply

For those interested, the AFL does run an official tipping comp

Check ya emails folks - just received an update from the club about purchasing tickets:

As a 2021 AFLW Geelong Cats Member, you will get access to redeem a complimentary ticket to each of our home games played at GMHBA Stadium throughout the 2021 NAB AFL Women's Competition.

Member ticketing details are now confirmed for our Round 1 AFLW clash V North Melbourne on Sunday 31 January 2021. You will have access to redeem one (1) complimentary reserved seat ticket per eligible Membership. There is a limit of six (6) tickets per transaction.

Member Pre-sale:

From 9am (AEDT) Monday 25 January 2021

Tickets will be available via Ticketmaster*. You will need your 12-digit barcode number listed below (check your email for this info) to access the pre-sale and redeem your complimentary ticket. You can also purchase additional tickets, fees and charges may apply.

Please note:

• We anticipate tickets will be released the Monday prior to each Cats home game and this will be communicated via email.
  • All attendees must obtain a ticket in advance of the match via Ticketmaster (subject to availability*) (including juniors under the age of 18)
  • Tickets will not be available to purchase from the venue on match day
  • Due to Covid requirements, AFLW Members cannot scan their Membership at the gate for general admission entry
  • If purchasing tickets on behalf of family and friends we encourage the use of the Ticketmaster's ticket forwarding function to support effective contact tracing and ease of entry at the gate
  • Have a question? Check out our FAQs

1611357092754.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever looks after the Kardinia Park website & in particular the events pages, needs to pull their finger out and do a better job at proof reading:

GEELONG CATS VS NORTH MELBOURNE

Sunday 31st January
First Bounce: 12:10pm

The Cats are back at GMHBA Stadium for the 2021 AFLW season.
Please take the time to read the below FAQ’s specific to Geelong Cats vs North Melbourne on Sunday, 31 January

WHAT TIME DO GATES OPEN?
11:10pm

WHAT TIME IS FIRST BOUNCE?
3:10

From the herald sun season preview:

GEELONG
Coach:
PAUL HOOD

Captain: MEG McDONALD

Last season: Had two wins, which snapped a three-game losing streak, but ended with four losses in total to finish fifth in Conference A and miss out on finals. Heartbreakingly, the 2018 No. 1 draft pick, Nina Morrison, tore another ACL in their final match of the season.

Ins: Olivia Barber, Laura Gardiner, Darcey Moloney, Carly Remmos, Stephanie Williams, (drafted)

Outs: Melissa Hickey, Anna Teague (retired), Cassie Blakeway, Gemma Wright (delisted), Kate Darby (inactive)

Star power: One of the team’s leading ball-getters, Olivia Purcell has risen to become an All-Australian half-forward, last year booting four goals from six games. In 2020, she averaged 20 disposals, three tackles, two rebound-50s and two inside-50s.

Season forecast: With their young squad – and five new faces who were all picked up in the draft – inexperience might be the team’s bugbear. But there’s an opportunity for new captain Meg McDonald to stamp her leadership skills on the group after the retirement of Mel Hickey.

Predicted finish: Will be hoping for more than the two wins they had in 2020, but likely to finish mid-range: 6-11

I have secured my ticket for Sunday - woohoo, looking forward to return to live sport

As part of the process you get to select your ticket and if you want to purchase any other tickets. You also then get to pick what section you want to sit in - remember that as part of the Covid safe plan, the stadium has been split into various sections and you can't leave the section you are in

On that note though - I did original select 'goal south undercover', but was given a seat in the Brownlow Stand undercover, so not all seating sections will be available, which may mean that reduced capacity is even further reduced if they aren't willing to open up more sections of the stadium should things fill up

Ticket Selection.jpg

Seat Selection.jpg

And one further warning - if you haven't been on ticketmaster for a while, you may need to reset your password; I was in the process of "buying" my ticket, with the countdown clock going and I was unable to log in as it required me to change my password as it's a safety measure because my password hadn't been changed for an extended period

Taking this as a good sign that peeps aren't put off by the $10 ticket costs, rather that they are happy to pay to watch their team play

Alternatively it could be partially due to being starved of love sport for the past 11 months, so will be interested to see the level of support across the whole season

dazbroncos - here's part of the video of ya gals Instagram takeover from last week; hoping that part 2 will be posted shortly and if so I'll share that also

This weeks take over is SVH & Rocky - Sophie doesn't look quite as comfortable in front of the camera as others have, so curious to see how they go & what the video looks like (will see if I can record the whole thing and post it)

I have used my iPhones inbuilt recorder to record this weeks Instagram takeover by Sophie & Rocky, only problem is that the file is too large to upload and kinda stuck on what to do now

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'm open to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back