And then there were two...

Remove this Banner Ad

Persevering Saint, It's not just you, i see it too. Geelong fans, well some are out of control. Looking at their discussions they are actually worse than collingwood and carlton supporters put together....i never thought this was possible but anyway....

i dont care if we loose round 14, i want to, it will give us underdog status come finals, we want them to get ahead of themselves like they did last year in september. whats more important? winning finals n a gf? or a pissy home n away game? u dont listen to those clowns in the paper who r after attention, cos if we loose they will say we cant beat the cats. i hope the dogs do, cos their a team that can. saints bulldogs gf.... what a game that will be. geelong fans need motre heartbreak as they have NOT learnt from last year.....

Jeez, I made a simple post about the picked-on kids of '03/'04 finally come good and wanting to raise some hell against each-other and my words get all twisted and stuff...

What's a bloke to do, eh?

Lulz, we'd probs get a similar reply on the Geelong boards man.

I dont think hes referring to you only Sicko, in fact I dont think he's even referring to you at all. More so look at the main board topic 'who has the better midfield' where most Geelong supporters reckon there is daylight between the two sides.

The Geelong posters have not been offensive. I would prefer that we allow them to post reasonable stuff here without being attacked. I don't mean that you have to be kind to them - they are visiting our stomping ground so they are at our mercy, but I ask my brothers and sisters to be reasonable and encourage good natured debate.

Some Geelong posters have become so used to winning that anything they post just sounds arogant. Point it out to them. Don't just tell them to rack off. Many have a lot to offer and I expect that there will be increased traffic on both our boards over the next two weeks or so.

The increased traffic wont just be curious Cats.

This upcoming match is the biggest thing to happen in the AFL this year. Everyone is interested. A lot of visitors will come here and view posts but may not post themselves, so the traffic may largely be invisible to us. I want those visitors to see us in a good light. We are Saints after all - not like one of those feral clubs.

Nah don't think so.

What don't you think? Or do you just not think at all?

Geelong won't be considered the best forever. In fact two and a half seasons is a hell of a long time. Clearly the huge gap between them and other teams that existed in 2007 is no longer. Any perceived threat to their superiority is dismissed as just not possible. I think Persevering Saint is right about Geelong fans' insecurities. A quick visit to their board where back slapping and chest thumping is laughably rife, only serves to support this.

Round 14 could provide an indication of where both teams are at.

What don't you think? Or do you just not think at all?

Geelong won't be considered the best forever. In fact two and a half seasons is a hell of a long time. Clearly the huge gap between them and other teams that existed in 2007 is no longer. Any perceived threat to their superiority is dismissed as just not possible. I think Persevering Saint is right about Geelong fans' insecurities. A quick visit to their board where back slapping and chest thumping is laughably rife, only serves to support this.

Round 14 could provide an indication of where both teams are at.

If we beat Freo tomorrow to conclude Round 12 there will be a four win gap (sixteen premiership points) between the Saints & Cats and the Bulldogs who sit in third spot. At the end of Round 12, 2007 we were only one game (four premiership points) clear of Hawthorn who were in second place. For comparison you blokes were sitting fourteenth.

The Saints have been big improvers (no off-field drama, smart recruiting of players from other teams, and a better run with injuries all helping) but if anything, the gap between us and the other teams has widened. Statistically, anyway.:)

If we beat Freo tomorrow to conclude Round 12 there will be a four win gap (sixteen premiership points) between the Saints & Cats and the Bulldogs who sit in third spot. At the end of Round 12, 2007 we were only one game (four premiership points) clear of Hawthorn who were in second place. For comparison you blokes were sitting fourteenth.

The Saints have been big improvers (no off-field drama, smart recruiting of players from other teams, and a better run with injuries all helping) but if anything, the gap between us and the other teams has widened. Statistically, anyway.:)

Statisically yes, but in fact I think the Bulldogs are a lot closer than you think, even though they are 4 games in defecit. They've made up a lot of ground after a slow start to the season and it was only luck that cats beat them in the end. Dogs will most probably finish 3rd anyhow. Who knows which team will finish 4th?! Hawthorn won't be a threat this year anyway. Clearly Saints and Cats are in the boxseats to challenge for the flag.

But I just don't see it being a two horse race.

Lulz, we'd probs get a similar reply on the Geelong boards man.

I dont think hes referring to you only Sicko, in fact I dont think he's even referring to you at all. More so look at the main board topic 'who has the better midfield' where most ALL other team supporters reckon there is daylight between the two sides.

Corrected mate.

I can't see your midfield ever going past geelong (ever as in next 7 years :) ).
The Blues will.

But I just don't see it being a two horse race.

It is always a 4 horse race.
Play like an idiot on the penultimate weekend of the year and you will get done (as we almost did last year, AND the year before)

And after that, you have a lovely 120 minutes of footy to totally screw your next 12 months :rolleyes:

I can't see your midfield ever going past geelong (ever as in next 7 years ).
The Blues will.

It is always a 4 horse race.
Play like an idiot on the penultimate weekend of the year and you will get done (as we almost did last year, AND the year before)

And after that, you have a lovely 120 minutes of footy to totally screw your next 12 months :rolleyes:

For the very reasons you have cited, you ought to remember the golden rule!
Never underestimate your opposition!

Jeez, I made a simple post about the picked-on kids of '03/'04 finally come good and wanting to raise some hell against each-other and my words get all twisted and stuff...

What's a bloke to do, eh?
Don't worry Sicko, you were the furthest thing from my mind - you've been a complete gentleman, no sarcasm meant at all. I'm talking about some of the other Geelong fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: And then there was ONE!

Well done, Saints!:thumbsu: Just too bloody good, although I'm glad we didn't go goaless in the first half like the OTHER mob from the Grand Final of 2008

We've got to go away and work on some strategy, methinks. See ya in September!!

Well, it's all come down to you blokes and us blokes. The best two teams all season. Best of luck to you, Sainters, let's hope the umpires swallow their whistles and may the best team win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back