Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Albanese, for all his talk of "fighting Tories", has devoted his political fights to be against the Greens in local elections and against an opposing Left subfaction within the ALP. His natural inclination is always to fight activists and his left.

Here's the video of the build up to Albo getting up to speak at the rally

That's interesting. So she basically tells Albo to get stuffed your not speaking because it won't mean anything etc than gets upset when he may have misinterpreted what she meant by that. Calling him a liar is a massive stretch IMO. Think everybody needs to calm down including Miss Williams so a civil discussion about how this can be fixed can take place.

That's interesting. So she basically tells Albo to get stuffed your not speaking because it won't mean anything etc than gets upset when he may have misinterpreted what she meant by that. Calling him a liar is a massive stretch IMO. Think everybody needs to calm down including Miss Williams so a civil discussion about how this can be fixed can take place.
What part do you disagree with @ Skipper Kelly. I understand it's a very sensitive issue with alot of people.

Wanting to wind that back though is made out to be a radical leftist position though
Really? I don't see evidence of this, I don't think Jan and Joe public would see it as a radical left position.
This is what the top 1% have done, gradually had most of our politicians paid off, so less and less regulation for them and anyone who wants to push things back even a little is made out to be some ideological communist.
This is not news or even new, this has been going on since time in memoriam, in every societal model you can think of.

We need a mature calm coversation on what constitutes a "fair share" to pay and how we get there.

Couldn’t we just model ourselves on the Norwegian model?

Then we could have free education … free uni … high level universal health care… high levels of disposable income… secure retirement .. high welfare standards creating low crime rates, that lower the over all cost of welfare/justice system… social housing, low unemployment, higher life expectancy… state owned infrastructure…

There is no need for a conversation.

What part do you disagree with @ Skipper Kelly. I understand it's a very sensitive issue with alot of people.

There is a lot of gaslighting going on across social media and your post is another example. I could have also used the laughing emoji because of "he may have misinterpreted what she meant." I believe the Prime Minister knew exactly what he was doing. If you look at all the available footage it is quite obvious what happened. No big deal though, a politician lied, and a politician tried to make an event about themselves rather than the issue. Standard day.

*but I will remove the disagree thingy as the red looks quite confronting.

Last edited:
There is a lot of gaslighting going on across social media and your post is another example. I could have also used the laughing emoji because of "he may have misinterpreted what she meant." I believe the Prime Minister knew exactly what he was doing. If you look at all the available footage it is quite obvious what happened. No big deal though, a politician lied, and a politician tried to make an event about themselves rather than the issue. Standard day.

She didn't want the situation to be another Brittany Higgins so I don't want the PM to speak, her words from the "available footage" that I've seen posted everywhere. How exactly should Albo have responded to those remarks?. I agree he should not have said " I'm the Prime minister" but I believe that was to mean I can help fix the problem but it didn't come out that way. Surely you can see how that can be misconstrued? Or is this just about 1 side of the argument and all politicians are snakes etc to suit the narrative. If that's the case no point arguing the toss you have made up your mind.

She didn't want the situation to be another Brittany Higgins so I don't want the PM to speak, her words from the "available footage" that I've seen posted everywhere. How exactly should Albo have responded to those remarks?. I agree he should not have said " I'm the Prime minister" but I believe that was to mean I can help fix the problem but it didn't come out that way. Surely you can see how that can be misconstrued? Or is this just about 1 side of the argument and all politicians are snakes etc to suit the narrative. If that's the case no point arguing the toss you have made up your mind.
Sorry but I'm not arguing anything. Just stating what happened after you specifically asking what I disagreed with.

He should not have lied about the organisers saying it was "not possible" for him or whoever to talk. Funnily enough he also had his notes to refer to, even after he was supposedly told it was not possible for him to talk. Surely his workers would have asked well beforehand about the PM speaking at the rally. If they were told it was not possible why would he have notes? It's the little details that matter when covering a lie.

But, when allowed to speak he should have said his bit and sat down. No need for the smart arse comments from the Prime Minister. All the spin that is starting and will continue for the next few days is just that, spin. Misconstrued, misinterpreted etc etc. Again, a standard day.

Edit. A correction, he stated "that wasn't possible"

Right so you are claiming Woolworths genuinely made $3 profit.

I call shenanigans by bullshit accounting methods

Call it whatever you like, but perhaps your hospital would have access to more funding if we had a calm accountability about the ways large companies minimise their taxable income. What are those methods? How are these companies legally minimising their tax? I've long said we don't need higher taxes, we need simpler taxes. Accountants wouldn't be in such high demand if we eliminated a whole bunch of deductions, but firstly we need a honest conversation about what those deductions are and why they were introduced in the first place.

Call it whatever you like, but perhaps your hospital would have access to more funding if we had a calm accountability about the ways large companies minimise their taxable income. What are those methods? How are these companies legally minimising their tax? I've long said we don't need higher taxes, we need simpler taxes. Accountants wouldn't be in such high demand if we eliminated a whole bunch of deductions, but firstly we need a honest conversation about what those deductions are and why they were introduced in the first place.
The Liberal Party's idea of a calm discussion about taxation is to scream "class warfare" at the first sign of any reform that doesn't involve paying less of it.

Miss Williams was quite happy to run to Ben Fordham to tell her side of the story which hasn't helped things.

No surprise Ben didn't ask her if Peter Dutton or any of his ministers were at the rally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course the media- both social and mainstream - are focussed on the politics and optics of a public rally on Sunday. What Albo did or didn't say and the need for 'urgent action' rather than words, blah blah blah..

Of course there seems to be very little discussion of the substance of the issue - what can and should be done in a policy sense to curb the rising tide of violence against women, committed mostly by men they know.

A report released by the Australian Institute of Criminology shows that the number of women killed by an intimate partner was rising sharply even before the recent spate of deaths sparked outrage and protests across the country.

The number of women murdered by former or current partners rose by 28 per cent in the year to June 2023 and that 16 per cent of all homicides in 2022/23 were carried out by a current or former intimate partner. Of those, 89 per cent of all victims of intimate partner homicides were women.

Clearly sustainable long term policy changes are needed as well as immediate action on the ground. As with all important policy matters this will not happen by a binary politicking and cheap point scoring narrative led by shock jocks and lightweight TV breakfast programs.

For those interested, this article briefly discusses what's on the agenda for tomorrow's National Cabinet Meeting.

Clearly sustainable long term policy changes are needed as well as immediate action on the ground. As with all important policy matters this will not happen by a binary politicking and cheap point scoring narrative led by shock jocks and lightweight TV breakfast programs.

For those interested, this article briefly discusses what's on the agenda for tomorrow's National Cabinet Meeting.

You wouldn't be talking about Sunrise who had Bruce Lehrman on as a guest?

You wouldn't be talking about Sunrise who had Bruce Lehrman on as a guest?
No I'm talking about mainstream media generally. And the superficial way it has dealt with domestic violence issues going back more than a decade, even contributing to the problem (e.g. Sam Newman's behaviour on Nine's defunct footy show) They have been part of the problem.

And I'm not excusing the superficiality of political leaders, including the current PM, either.

As criminologist Michael Salter said in today's Age this morning political leaders at all levels of government must be prepared to take a wider view of prevention when national cabinet convenes for an urgent meeting on Wednesday to address growing community uproar about rates of violence against women:

“In the wake of this horrific spate of [alleged] murders over the last couple of weeks, we’re seeing prevention leaders say: this is about conversations that fathers need to have with their sons; men need to step up and speak out,” Salter said. “We’ve been doing that for 10 years, and we’re still here.”

Albo's migration policy going great guns with predictions now of either further rate rises (or at least delayed rate cuts) due to inflationary pressure caused by Albo's big Australia policy.

We believe that incredibly strong population growth, driven by net overseas immigration, has put upward pressure on some important components of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) basket; most notably the housing‑related components. As a result, demand is stronger and so inflation is falling less quickly than otherwise,” Mr Aird wrote in a note.

Last edited:
Albo's migration policy going great guns with predictions now of either further rate rises (or at least delayed rate cuts) due to inflationary pressure caused by Albo's big Australia policy.

We believe that incredibly strong population growth, driven by net overseas immigration, has put upward pressure on some important components of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) basket; most notably the housing‑related components. As a result, demand is stronger and so inflation is falling less quickly than otherwise,” Mr Aird wrote in a note.

We're run by the dumbest campaigners going

Rate rises affect 30% of people negatively (mortgage holders)
Renters cop a rental increase as it will get passed on asap (owners barely worried)
Retirees have more disposable income due to higher interest. Help their kids who are mortgage holders or renters

Not really affecting spending/inflation and hasn't since they started this process.

Only putting the lowest earners to the wall.

Not 1 plan B or alternative offered by the government, just defer to the RBA who have proven to be ineffective in controlling anything

Of course the media- both social and mainstream - are focussed on the politics and optics of a public rally on Sunday. What Albo did or didn't say and the need for 'urgent action' rather than words, blah blah blah..

Of course there seems to be very little discussion of the substance of the issue - what can and should be done in a policy sense to curb the rising tide of violence against women, committed mostly by men they know.

A report released by the Australian Institute of Criminology shows that the number of women killed by an intimate partner was rising sharply even before the recent spate of deaths sparked outrage and protests across the country.

The number of women murdered by former or current partners rose by 28 per cent in the year to June 2023 and that 16 per cent of all homicides in 2022/23 were carried out by a current or former intimate partner. Of those, 89 per cent of all victims of intimate partner homicides were women.

A good article on the topic.

Every life lost is a tragedy, but the long-term trend has been a decrease in homicide rates.

We're also dealing with (relatively) small numbers as compared to the total population numbers. ~ 247 homicide victims total in 2022 - 2023 from a population of ~ 26,588,782. Population growth is ~ 500k per annum so as raw numbers we could see 'more' homicides but a reduced homicide rate.

Albanese, for all his talk of "fighting Tories", has devoted his political fights to be against the Greens in local elections and against an opposing Left subfaction within the ALP. His natural inclination is always to fight activists and his left.

Shit Talking Blah Blah Blah GIF by UFC

The woman straight up lied.

That is a fact.

The woman straight up lied.

That is a fact.
You backing Albo's bullshit in are you?

Insult a DV and child abuse survivor on stage at the rally she organised where he wouldn't commit to doing anything, then watch her cry while lecturing the audience about respect for women?

Please tell me you're not doing this

You backing Albo's bullshit in are you?

Insult a DV and child abuse survivor on stage at the rally she organised where he wouldn't commit to doing anything, then watch her cry while lecturing the audience about respect for women?

Please tell me you're not doing this

I make no comment on the PM.

But the woman lied. Are you going to try to tell me that she didn't?

Even news.com.au is backing the PM"s version of events.

I make no comment on the PM.

But the woman lied. Are you going to try to tell me that she didn't?
I am not aware of her having lied, I am aware of her saying the Prime Minister lied

I am aware of someone on twitter posting misinfo that video has proven false that everyone was using to say she lied

Remove this Banner Ad

Back