Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think it suddenly needs to go now.

Its been there since the 70s hasn't it?

It was originally meant to be a kind of user pays way of funding road maintenance, but its long since been turned into a slush fund.
Still , how do you replace the revenue or don't the government need money to pay for stuff?
I took it as the cut needs to go (ie disagree with Dutton and in line with your view)

What is this mythical “cost” though.

It is a 100% fact that Australia needs to modernise its electricity generation.

It is also a 100% fact that the private sector does not want to invest in coal, and does not want to invest in gas either.

The only reason Kurri Kurri is hapenenimg is because Morrison committed Australian tax payers to paying for it. Morrison decided to pick winners.

And apparently that “cost” is fine.

This idea that Australia’s poor are going to bear the “cost” is a crock of s**t. And if those saying that meant it they’d be all over nationalising coal and gas and/or super profits taxes. But they aren’t - because they are disingenuous blow hards.
It's how our energy grid works, profit guarantees are baked in, investment means you can increase charges

As long as we continue down the path of for profit energy the cost they incur transitioning will be passed on with an increased margin to us

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
If you had your house set up for off grid electricity, you bought a wind turbine and some solar cells, you work out that you should have electricity 300 days a year, but you want it every day.

You might buy a little diesel generator for back up.
If you work out how much per kw your diesel will cost , its a lot.

Probably a bad example for houses, because a battery is fine for a few LED lights and a tv and refrigerator.
Once you get into industry where a battery is not practical, that backup power becomes more useful.
( For example a Tesla Powerwall cannot fully charge a Tesla car ).

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
This is the slippery slope people like Bruce wants to take us down - where his personal believes and fantasies hold more weight than reality.
It's been going on since the Enlightenment. Unless they're prepared to concede to science (where science has the answer), their only option is to elevate Belief to the same status as fact.

But gathering speed to feedback loop status, now that the internet gave all their thought leaders a voice.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
This is the slippery slope people like Bruce wants to take us down - where his personal believes and fantasies hold more weight than reality.

Judge Maya Guerra Gamble reminded him that “you must tell the truth while you testify”.

“I believe what I said was true,” Jones answered. The judge’s riposte has since been shared hundreds of thousands of times: “You believe everything you say is true, but it isn’t. Your beliefs do not make something true. That is what we’re doing here. Just because you claim to think something is true does not make it true.”

Enthusiastic AusPol board member Brunswick Trap King has died, pay tribute here.

Schneebly11

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

13 years ago on SBS Dateline a Climate Scientist destroyed a room of deniers. The first words out of his mouth ended the debate:

Science isn't about "belief", it's about evidence.

Science doesn't care that Bruce from Balnarring doesn't believe in science, it really doesn't.......

Footonddit

Cancelled
Jul 2, 2022
AFL Club
Melbourne
When I think of science skepticism I think of my Auntie that refused to refrigerate food for hours or wash her hands because she didn't believe it would spoil in that time. She would never get sick but her children would frequently (comparatively) get food poisoning that she'd blame on literally anything else.

Point is that there is no reasoning with science skeptics; best thing to do is to move out and make excuses why you won't eat her cooking.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Enthusiastic AusPol board member Brunswick Trap King has died, pay tribute here.

Oh, sad. Always enjoyed his posts.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I said…

I’m skeptical as to whether climate change is quite the crisis it’s made out to be.

The Barrier Reef is in good health.
The polar ice caps haven’t melted.
The rivers and dams aren’t dry.
Coastlines and islands haven’t been inundated.

If you’re not skeptical about the “crisis” of climate change you’re just not being serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said…

I’m skeptical as to whether climate change is quite the crisis it’s made out to be.

The Barrier Reef is in good health.
The polar ice caps haven’t melted.
The rivers and dams aren’t dry.
Coastlines and islands haven’t been inundated.

If you’re not skeptical about the “crisis” of climate change you’re just not being serious.
you're just trying to get away with being a climate denialist without being called on it like the good little shill for fossil fuel companies that you are

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
No. Not business as usual. Start looking at adaptation.

I’m skeptical as to whether climate change is quite the crisis it’s made out to be. I don’t genuflect to the altar of science.

But very clearly, if it is such a problem, and if humanity is to blame, Australia committing economic suicide is not going to fix it whilst any reductions we make are cancelled out many times over by China.

Assume you don't go see a doctor when sick, or go to hospital when injured?

Or do you pick and choose which parts of science to believe?

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
No. Not business as usual. Start looking at adaptation.

I’m skeptical as to whether climate change is quite the crisis it’s made out to be. I don’t genuflect to the altar of science.

But very clearly, if it is such a problem, and if humanity is to blame, Australia committing economic suicide is not going to fix it whilst any reductions we make are cancelled out many times over by China.

If you don't believe the science, why would you need to adapt?

I’m now a shill for fossil fuel companies? Does that make you a shill for cobalt miners?
Funny how your arguments line up with their though hey.
Anyway talk Albo issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back