Are Geelong unbeatable?

Where will Geelong finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tigers will smash them in the contest , itll be a tight game though
tigs by 3 goals

Unless the Tigs have found a bit of heart from last week, unlikely.

Prob unbeatable tonight. Tiges backline looks....thin. Insiders also a problem.

Prob unbeatable tonight. Tiges backline looks....thin. Insiders also a problem.

Forward line iffy too.

Geelong's backline better as a unit than ours and we held Richmond easily, it was only Dusty doing Dusty stuff - and frees/50s to the giant money sponge Lynch - that got you goals.

They have had a hell of a start & defiantly at the moment unbeatable. Everything seems to be falling thier way e.g tribunal decisions, healthy list & mostly just meeting opposition at thier most vulnerable state. However... this will probably start a war on BF but in my opinion they're and have always been the most advantaged side in the AFL with thier 9 games being played in Geelong. Then having the "away home ground" which is only up the road although they all seem to winge about it......makes you wonder how the interstate teams feel travelling by air every fortnight & having to play their for finales at the G after getting only 2 to 3 games during the year on it. Cats 9 almost lock in wins at the cattery a year gets you a foot already in the finals door & ontop of regular experience on the MCG. Before you start targeting Richmond, just remember when we play all "Victorian teams at the MCG it is more neutral than Kardinia park I give you that for a tip.

Don't know about unbeatable for the rest of the year, but they'll certainly thump the Tigers tonight.
Cat's are a well balance, very talented lot with good depth theylmay well become 4 games or more clear of the rest.
Come finals who it may just pan out different.

They have had a hell of a start & defiantly at the moment unbeatable. Everything seems to be falling thier way e.g tribunal decisions, healthy list & mostly just meeting opposition at thier most vulnerable state. However... this will probably start a war on BF but in my opinion they're and have always been the most advantaged side in the AFL with thier 9 games being played in Geelong. Then having the "away home ground" which is only up the road although they all seem to winge about it......makes you wonder how the interstate teams feel travelling by air every fortnight & having to play their for finales at the G after getting only 2 to 3 games during the year on it. Cats 9 almost lock in wins at the cattery a year gets you a foot already in the finals door & ontop of regular experience on the MCG. Before you start targeting Richmond, just remember when we play all "Victorian teams at the MCG it is more neutral than Kardinia park I give you that for a tip.

LOL, just last week you were all sooking about having to play at "Shitihad" like it isd a trip to Broome or something.

No it's the same old whinge we tend to hear from Richmond supporters - who get to play us at their home ground. We kept our home ground, carried a huge debt to redevelop it and we get the benefit of hosting games there. It is a bonus, it would be more of a bonus to play 15 games plus finals at the G though.

No it's the same old whinge we tend to hear from Richmond supporters - who get to play us at their home ground. We kept our home ground, carried a huge debt to redevelop it and we get the benefit of hosting games there. It is a bonus, it would be more of a bonus to play 15 games plus finals at the G though.

They spent last week sooking that they have to play us at our home ground when it is our home game.

Then they said that if they were ever allowed to play us at the MIGHTY G then well, we all know what would happen then, until it was pointed out to them the last time we played them at the G we beat them. In a final and all. And the last home and away game before that as well.

They are special bunch the Tiges fans.

Fair points and you have earned the right but still my option about Cats being the most advantaged. Agree 15 is great however do we get to train at the G? More neutral than any ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair points and you have earned the right but still my option about Cats being the most advantaged. Agree 15 is great however do we get to train at the G? More neutral than any ground.

Our home ground is an advantage for sure. Being away from the big smoke is an advantage and disadvantage in terms of attracting players (less juicy sponsor dollars) but on balance we have a very good position in the competition and we have been able to leverage it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back