Are Geelong unbeatable?

Where will Geelong finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your club's supporters are notorious for getting ahead of themselves, but I guess that's to be expected when your club is from a 1 team town, and in its own bubble.
Mate, you support Richmond. You have no right to say any other supporter base is getting ahead of themselves.

Quite funny I rate GWS as the best side this year and out of West Coast, Cats or Magpies to play them in GF...

Every Geelong supporter I speak at my local footu club thinks they're invincible especially after the Pies got rolled by Freo. Arrogance will be there enemy. Looking forward to hearing thier cockiness come finals.

Sounds a bit like every Richmond fan last year before they had their pants pulled down by the pies in the prelim.

Their second tier players have improved plus gazza in the forward line looks rejuvenated. Will be interesting to see if they hold it together under finals pressure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beating up on minnows and caught the better teams out of form. Done well to bank the wins but unconvincing on a few occasions. Having said that they're clear on top of the ladder with a very healthy % so no need to flog themselves in games when they don't need to. Just need to do enough to win and top spot is theirs.

Second half of the year will be interesting with more games away from GMHBA and to see how their oldies and youth hold up.

Beating up on minnows and caught the better teams out of form. Done well to bank the wins but unconvincing on a few occasions. Having said that they're clear on top of the ladder with a very healthy % so no need to flog themselves in games when they don't need to. Just need to do enough to win and top spot is theirs.

Second half of the year will be interesting with more games away from GMHBA and to see how their oldies and youth hold up.
Yeah the only reason Geelong beat anyone is that they always play teams out of form. heck you Hocking & Whately!

95% of your supporter base are saying otherwise, the arrogance is off the charts and this thread is Exhibit A.

Find, say half a dozen Geelong supporter posts in this thread that are saying Geelong is unbeatable. Good luck with that.

Big tests in the next two games against Richmond who have recently had the better of the Cats and Port Adelaide away would be tough enough, but given Geelong's recent post-bye struggles, it would take a huge effort to win that one. But if the Cats can win one of the two, that sets them up for 17+ wins, which is going to be tough for the top four challengers to catch.

95% of your supporter base are saying otherwise, the arrogance is off the charts and this thread is Exhibit A.

You might have a point if the thread was actually started by a Geelong supporter.

Find, say half a dozen Geelong supporter posts in this thread that are saying Geelong is unbeatable. Good luck with that.

Big tests in the next two games against Richmond who have recently had the better of the Cats and Port Adelaide away would be tough enough, but given Geelong's recent post-bye struggles, it would take a huge effort to win that one. But if the Cats can win one of the two, that sets them up for 17+ wins, which is going to be tough for the top four challengers to catch.
Geelong is 0-3 v Richmond and 0-7 after the bye so winning these games might say more about Geelong than most think

I think you’re confusing the numbers ‘95’ and ‘5’

The overwhelming majority of cats fans know that we aren’t locks for anything and that we have been a bit below par for the last month and the next few games - Richmond and port away - will be a bigger test than what we’ve had recently.

Stop trying to manufacture this bullshit mate because that’s all it is.

Your club's supporters are notorious for getting ahead of themselves, but I guess that's to be expected when your club is from a 1 team town, and in its own bubble.

Lolllllll in a season where we won two of our three finals by a combined 225 points it famously took until basically grand final day for the ‘lid to come off’ as the saying went at the time.

Most cats fans’ memories are littered with finals heartbreak and as such we are among the most cynical supporter groups in the comp. hell, we have a coach with a higher winning percentage than anyone in the history of the game by this stage of his career and half our fans want him gone because they’re convinced we can’t win.

Stick to the facts mate.

I think you’re confusing the numbers ‘95’ and ‘5’

The overwhelming majority of cats fans know that we aren’t locks for anything and that we have been a bit below par for the last month and the next few games - Richmond and port away - will be a bigger test than what we’ve had recently.

Stop trying to manufacture this ******** mate because that’s all it is.
I love how Power Play calls this thread 'Exhibit A' in Geelong fans arrogance yet it wasn't started by a Geelong supporter and not a single Geelong supporter in here is agreeing with the original post. @Nuffies on AFL Pages

While I agree with you on the unconvincing part, the same applies to literally every team. Collingwood has been playing in spits and spurts, eagles take until half time to get going, and gws have played some terrible games. Regardless of what people think of the Cats, they are the only team who can argue that they haven’t played a bad game yet.

That doesn’t mean anything in the long run of course, but I find it interesting that people say they have unconvincing wins as an argument.

But will these better teams actually find form? Geelong aren't really playing that well either, alot of issues that are regularly identified on our board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back