Are Geelong unbeatable?

Where will Geelong finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s ‘whinging’ with an h old thing.
Did my post hit a nerve did it? Didn't realise it was a spelling contest..
"Whinging with an h"...?? Did you mean 'Whinging with (a) h' not an.
Just for the future before you try point out a spelling error maybe conduct a spell check on your own grammar you old thing. Jesus you lot in Geelong arsomething special 😁

Just for the future before you try point out a spelling error maybe conduct a spell check on your own grammar you old thing. Jesus you lot in Geelong arsomething special 😁
Yep we arsomething special.
And for the record, we don’t give a rat’s tossbag where we play our games. But thanks for caring Cotchy.

mockingspongebobbb.jpg

Yep we arsomething special.
And for the record, we don’t give a rat’s tossbag where we play our games. But thanks for caring Cotchy.
Haha I was waiting for that! The second i pressed reply i realised I didn't put in the space! Good banter & go cats 👍

Typical response from male adult from Geelong with a brain capacity of a 3 year old 👌

You tried to point out a grammatical error to riposte someone - but you actually got it completely wrong yourself.

It is a traditional rule of English that an can be used before words that begin with an H sound, if the first syllable of that word is not stressed. This prevents an awkward pause between words. Would you say 'a apple', for example?

The letter h is correctly pronounced aitch, so an aitch is another good example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You tried to point out a grammatical error to riposte someone - but you actually got it completely wrong yourself.

It is a traditional rule of English that an can be used before words that begin with an H sound, if the first syllable of that word is not stressed. This prevents an awkward pause between words. Would you say 'a apple', for example?

The letter h is correctly pronounced aitch, so an aitch is another good example.
It wasn't directly in a sentence.
Should I then "riposte" it?

My reason for the Geelong being the most advantaged by country miles;

With their 9 games being played in Geelong (Only Vic side who has a non shared home ground) & gets to train on it. Then having the "away home ground" which is only up the road. Interstate teams have to travelling by air every fortnight & having to play at the MCG for finals after getting only 2 to 3 games during the year on it. Cats 9 almost lock in wins at the cattery a year gets them a foot already in the finals door & on top of regular experience on the MCG. By far the most advantaged.

Before the attacks, yes Collingwood & Richmond are also more advantaged then any interstate teams with MCG experience however have to regularly share the MCG with all Vic sides without training on it.

As for Hawthorn coming in 2nd place they have the luxury of their exclusive home ground in tassie on top of regular MCG experience.

WA teams have to travel up to 10hrs a day every fortnight on top of GF at the MCG... most disadvantaged.

Looking forward to the winging Geelong posts.
Posts like this should be banned for stupidity. Yes us playing home games in your home city in front of mostly your home fans where our stars get endlessly booed is somehow an advantage for us and not the ridiculous disadvantage it actually is.

I love everyone bringing up the Freo 2013 game as a reason why we cats fans don't want home finals.

Ask any richmond fan how realistic it would be to win a game, let alone a final without:

*Your best forward
*Your only ruckman
*Your best keyback

as well as having your best small forward on the bench for the first 3 quarters (the ******* substitue lol)

They'd tell you we were playing our VFL side. So yes gloat in this funny tidbit, but with a full strength side we'd much prefer to play home games at our home venue, just as all of you would.

I love everyone bringing up the Freo 2013 game as a reason why we cats fans don't want home finals.

Ask any richmond fan how realistic it would be to win a game, let alone a final without:

*Your best forward
*Your only ruckman
*Your best keyback

as well as having your best small forward on the bench for the first 3 quarters (the ******* substitue lol)

They'd tell you we were playing our VFL side. So yes gloat in this funny tidbit, but with a full strength side we'd much prefer to play home games at our home venue, just as all of you would.
Why say all that, even if you were full strength, when you can just say one game worth of data doesn’t mean anything.

Now your home record over the last few years would be much more indicative. And without looking it up, it would be awesome. You’d be more likely to win a game in Geelong than anywhere else.

Why say all that, even if you were full strength, when you can just say one game worth of data doesn’t mean anything.

Now your home record over the last few years would be much more indicative. And without looking it up, it would be awesome. You’d be more likely to win a game in Geelong than anywhere else.
I agree that a rational argument would not be based on one game. But it's the only thing people bring up, so it's best to tackle it head on and discredit it.

The rational argument is that 14/18 clubs receive home finals at their venue of preference. Obviously this should be rectified and made 18/18.

Not in 2019 - 11 wins, 4 at home and 7 away. 100% success rate at MCG in 2019, only 80% at home.

I shake my head from time to time and think "wow.. Geelong are top of the ladder.. 11-1.. and they will be in this years GF and prob win it. wow.. seriously how???"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back