Are South African racial quotas hurting the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

A government executive decision to not fund bids for international tournaments doesn't undercut the last 15 pages of debate.

If I recall correctly a lot of Australian rules fans cracked the shits big time at the Australian Government trying to get the FIFA World Cup, to put things in perspective.

Soccer costs alot more than cricket or rugby. For one the cricket and rugby stadiums already exist

Apparently the 'ultimate long term goal' of these 'transformation guidelines' is for the quotas to mirror the population, Which would mean 9 Black, 1 white and 1 Asian.

You just have to shake your head when you see Kallis getting flamed on twitter for calling out this bullshit, despite the fact that he runs a cricketing scholarship program for underprivileged black kids.

Amazingly athletics is getting called out as well. It's probably got the most objective performance criteria amongst all sports. You pick the fastest runner, the longest or highest jumper and longest thrower.

How the **** can you possibly impose racial quotas in athletics???
More whites in the running and jumping.

Amazingly athletics is getting called out as well. It's probably got the most objective performance criteria amongst all sports. You pick the fastest runner, the longest or highest jumper and longest thrower.

How the **** can you possibly impose racial quotas in athletics???
Do they mean that it's a measure of the systems they have in place?

So not so much about the final selection - which as you say is not subjective in athletics - but about the pool of athletes they have/haven't developed.

The final result means they haven't been putting the resources in at lower levels, younger age groups etc.

Do they mean that it's a measure of the systems they have in place?

So not so much about the final selection - which as you say is not subjective in athletics - but about the pool of athletes they have/haven't developed.

The final result means they haven't been putting the resources in at lower levels, younger age groups etc.

I doubt it - because that approach takes literally decades, and even then there's no guarantee to actually getting your desired result because only 1 or 2 athletes are picked for any given discipline. Even if 90% of your participants are black then there is absolutely no guarantee that 90% of your best of the best of the best will also be black.

Funnily enough, their 3 best chances at medals in Rio will all be black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's even black supremacy.

Just a corrupt party that is still getting elected based on the connection to Mandela looking for ways to distract the population.

The ANC has been losing votes since 2004. They'll lose majority status* eventually. The older voters understandably loyal will keep dying off and post-1994 voters will keep taking their place.

*when Australia didn't have a majority government from 2010-13 a lot of people screamed how horrible it was, by the way

I've read from multiple sources that between 50,000-90,000 whites on estimate have been murdered by blacks in recent times. Some of these have been shocking torture murders (one I read was a guy having his head put in a vice clamp and clamped together until it crushed him...after seeing his daughter raped and murdered).

But this is somewhat justified, because "the whites reap what they sow..."

The sooner the ANC is out of power (and Zuma) the better. And Robert Mugabe can't be far off passing surely.

I've read from multiple sources that between 50,000-90,000 whites on estimate have been murdered by blacks in recent times. Some of these have been shocking torture murders (one I read was a guy having his head put in a vice clamp and clamped together until it crushed him...after seeing his daughter raped and murdered).

But this is somewhat justified, because "the whites reap what they sow..."

Don't share more of your chain emails.

You said in the West Coast's 'Yellow Peril' thread "Racism only applies if you're White mind you". So think you're full of crap.

Last edited:
Don't share more of your chain emails.

You said in the West Coast's 'Yellow Peril' thread "Racism only applies if you're White mind you". So think you're full of crap.
I haven't received a chain email since high school.

You're one of the ones who could have half their neighbours and family murdered by ISIS supporting Muslims and you'd still say "it's ok, it's not all Muslims".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back