Are we in strife?

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs who borrow are charged 3.3% interest from BANKAFL from October, have to open their books and submit to control.

Yet GC and GWS get $25m injects each year, no questions asked?

Get f’ed campaigners.

Really? hmmm wonder what terms AFL have agreed with NAB and ANZ. Can get 2.29 on a mortgage, and 2.75 on interest only investment loan at the moment. That's almost like the AFL saying we don't like your credit.

I wouldn't even bother entertaining it mate. We don't. There's no news at the moment so they are just making s**t up to stop advertising bucks flying out the door. It will be someone elses turn next week.
I’m a born worrier Man, no clubs will be immune from this plight , the afl are right that’s its the single biggest challenge they’ve ever face. I’m hoping like heck that at least some footy can be played this years as it may cork the bottle at least ,, take it easy

I’m a born worrier Man, no clubs will be immune from this plight , the afl are right that’s its the single biggest challenge they’ve ever face. I’m hoping like heck that at least some footy can be played this years as it may cork the bottle at least ,, take it easy

They will prop up the comp because naturally they will go out of existence without it, and so will a significant economic aspect of the country.

They also won't be in any position to fold, merge or relocate any club because the AFL's primary concern will be in recapturing the existing market, not with rolling the dice and dealing with the inevitable ongoing losses that come with new entities.

Unfortunately, the vampires at The Age understand that the layperson doesn't take 5 minutes to comprehend this.

This actually has merit.

They will prop up the comp because naturally they will go out of existence without it, and so will a significant economic aspect of the country.

They also won't be in any position to fold, merge or relocate any club because the AFL's primary concern will be in recapturing the existing market, not with rolling the dice and dealing with the inevitable ongoing losses that come with new entities.

Unfortunately, the vampires at The Age understand that the layperson doesn't take 5 minutes to comprehend this.
If the numbers are dire , the single biggest saving the AFL could make is sever ties with GC
Distribution = 30mn , double the average elsewhere
Current Match receipts 22 x 12,000 tickets (avg attanedance) , the AFL could manipulate the draw to replace those games with avg 55,000 /game
That’s 1,000,0000 x $27 more tickets SOLD In a season by pissing off GC PLUS saving of 30mn

If the numbers are dire , the single biggest saving the AFL could make is sever ties with GC
Distribution = 30mn , double the average elsewhere
Current Match receipts 22 x 12,000 tickets (avg attanedance) , the AFL could manipulate the draw to replace those games with avg 55,000 /game
That’s 1,000,0000 x $27 more tickets SOLD In a season by pissing off GC PLUS saving of 30mn
The expansion sides have diluted the game. Compromised drafts and salary cap concessions up the ass for these plastic franchises. Hearing their supporters beg for 100+ year old clubs to fold, relocate or merge, is disgraceful.

The expansion sides have diluted the game. Compromised drafts and salary cap concessions up the ass for these plastic franchises. Hearing their supporters beg for 100+ year old clubs to fold, relocate or merge, is disgraceful.
They’ve contributed nothing but an “arguable” increase in broadcast contract. If broadcasters got smart and said we cut the $ due to less games , just add 2 x more rounds . Honestly wgaf when you glance at the fixture at must see games and these ones come up

They’ve contributed nothing but an “arguable” increase in broadcast contract. If broadcasters got smart and said we cut the $ due to less games , just add 2 x more rounds . Honestly wgaf when you glance at the fixture at must see games and these ones come up
Not to mention that when they enter the league, they are given priority access to the best young talent in their states, as well as being able to purchase gun players without worrying about the salary cap. Heath Shaw, Ryan Griffin, Shane Mumford to GWS, Gary Ablett Jr still in his prime to Gold Coast. Surprised the AFL hasn’t created a franchise in New Zealand yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? hmmm wonder what terms AFL have agreed with NAB and ANZ. Can get 2.29 on a mortgage, and 2.75 on interest only investment loan at the moment. That's almost like the AFL saying we don't like your credit.
One of the two business bankers from NAB who worked the deal is a North supporter so I’d assume there’s an understanding that we’ll be looked after if they want their half a billion.

One of the two business bankers from NAB who worked the deal is a North supporter so I’d assume there’s an understanding that we’ll be looked after if they want their half a billion.
How do you imagine that working RZ? NAB will have their policies and stipulations, and the line of credit will have objective criteria for security.

If the line of credit stipulates that security is 18 teams and maintenance of the existing broadcast deal, albeit probably renegotiated, what (more) could someone in this position do?

I think when footy gets back up and running crowds and memberships will break all kinds of records.
Maybe, maybe not. Depending on when it happens, people may still be very wary of being in crowds.

If they recommence in August, for example, I imagine it would still be in front of empty stadiums. The risk of a bounce in COVID numbers is very real.

How do you imagine that working RZ? NAB will have their policies and stipulations, and the line of credit will have objective criteria for security.

If the line of credit stipulates that security is 18 teams and maintenance of the existing broadcast deal, albeit probably renegotiated, what (more) could someone in this position do?
Throwaway line kimbo. I have many thoughts on the financial arrangements of the league and its constituent clubs that I cbf typing on an iPad screen right now.

Throwaway line kimbo. I have many thoughts on the financial arrangements of the league and its constituent clubs that I cbf typing on an iPad screen right now.
You're not one for throwaway lines. (Ordinarily.) These are strange times indeed. ;)

We can't complain about opposition clubs death riding us and then do the same to Gold Coast and GWS ourselves. Sure they don't have the history we have, but they're making that now and we should embrace the work they're doing to grow the game we all love in the Northern states.
I'd kill the Dogs first if I was inclined.

We can't complain about opposition clubs death riding us and then do the same to Gold Coast and GWS ourselves. Sure they don't have the history we have, but they're making that now and we should embrace the work they're doing to grow the game we all love in the northern states.

mmmmmmm...

The AFL and its clubs are a business and they employ a large number of people. On this basis they should be entitled to receive funds under the Governments latest economic stimulis package and hopefully this will help a little..

No doubt there are very lean times ahead and some clubs will be placed under enormous pressure financially.

Hopefully not too many people try to get their membership money back, however there will be some people through their changed circumstances, will be trying to get a refund.

I've always taken the view that once I've paid my membership, irrespective of whether I see no games or all games in Melbourne, I would have spent the money anyhow so just forget about it. I accept though that many people have the right to try to get a refund because of their circumstances.
Really? I cant think of one reason why I would want to give my money back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back