Australia v Sri Lanka 1st T20 @ the SCG Fri 11 Feb 1830 hrs

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jayasuriya was my favourite player as a kid.
Sri Lanka were the pioneers of the aggressive openers in one day cricket. Jayasuriya wasn't the first but he carried the legacy for a long time.

Question - has Mark Howard ever actually played cricket, aside from backyard or beach games..?

This is so mindless and boring. Assuming great cricketers = great commentators is how we get Shane Warne reprising the pizza bit.

Give me professional broadcasters, I don't care if the closest they got to cricket field is Ricky Ponting Cricket on the playstation.

As a neutral watching the cricket, i hope an Australian bowler or another international bowler overtakes Warne on the all time test wicket list.

Warne is guaranteed to get another gig somewhere else if Fox dropped him. I dont mind the odd reference from a non-cricket related perspective but it seems that throughout the broadcast you swear they drifted off the cricket most of the times. Alot of times it was about Warnes past life eg of the time he went to TAFE, the convenience store credits, etc

As a neutral watching the cricket, i hope an Australian bowler or another international bowler overtakes Warne on the all time test wicket list.

Warne is guaranteed to get another gig somewhere else if Fox dropped him. I dont mind the odd reference from a non-cricket related perspective but it seems that throughout the broadcast you swear they drifted off the cricket most of the times. Alot of times it was about Warnes past life eg of the time he went to TAFE, the convenience store credits, etc
Warne isn't number 1 on the list so it doesn't really matter if he gets overtaken.

After the Don, he's arguably Australia's greatest ever player IMO.

Love home or loathe him, he's going nowhere.

Just watched the replay.

Great to see McDermott get runs but gee Finch's form is a worry. Had a good innings in the BBL but otherwise hasn't been in great form (incl. World Cup). Soaks up balls and doesn't rotate the strike.

Inglis looked great, got out with a poor shot selection but you take that with him occasionally for his brilliance.

For the next game I'd be tempted to give Starc a rest for Agar. Open the bowling with Haze and Cummins and have Stoinins come on first change. Agar played some good cameo's in the BBL with the bat and would be a handy #8 shifting Cummins to #9. And of course his bowling is more than handy making our bowling options Haze, Cummins, Zampa, Stoinis, Agar and Maxwell.

Not sure we can really drop the captain so hopefully Finch can find form.

i Think this series anyway , they will be tempted to give bench players a run in the team just to see what they can do under pressure.

Im pretty a confident a second string Australian side could beat this Current Sri Lanka T20 side.

So it wouldnt be suprise me to see players like: Sams, Henriques, Jhye, Travis Head, Kane Richardson and Agar to all get games at some stage during the series.

Question - has Mark Howard ever actually played cricket, aside from backyard or beach games..? "Oh boy, high in the air, this will be a difficult one to catch!"

As we watch the fieldsmen basically walk to the ball and probably could of caught it behind his back or in-between his legs..?

I think some games are hard as they are not at the ground so they can't judge the height of the screen. Sometimes they don't even know if there is a fielder under it, but I agree no excuse tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back