Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

What I found interesting when I have counted votes in the past and these numbers support it too, about 20% of Green votes direct their preferences to Liberal.
There are a lot of people who are financially conservative, but socially progressive. A lot of these people are former Liberal voters, but who have been turned off by the hard-right Lib policies. As a result, they're switching to the Greens, rather than to the ALP. Presumably, their historic allegiances are still strong enough though, for them to preference the Libs ahead of the ALP.

There have been quite a few seats recently, which have switched from Libs to Greens (or Teals). A lot of formerly safe inner-city Liberal seats are now going Green, rather than going to the ALP.

Labor luvvies won't like this either...

View attachment 1940453

I’ll give you a tip if the Coalition have under 42% primary vote, they won’t form government.

Here they have 35% with ALP on 32% and Greens 13% - on that basis alone, federal government won’t change, possibly minority.

And we aren’t in an election campaign either - Dutton will actually need to come up with policies. Tax cuts, interest rates on way down, inflation to ease - all to play out over next 12 months.

Frightening, no wonder people are getting out of The Alice, that's those that don't own assetts in Alice of course, those poor buggers are stuffed..Look at some of the live footage at the link...scary stuff.

How do you think we solve these problems?

Interested to know as I’m not sure how easy it is. Seems the same issue possibly in Darwin as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one below didn’t work for me. Not sure why

It would either be an issue with the tweet itself or a X compatibility issue with the video format on certain tweets that are most probably causing the issue.

Bigfooty just has a script to embed an individual tweet into a post,

Individual tweets (or whatever are they called now) are identified by a number so there's absolutely zero way to even monitor the source of it.

Last edited:
This gave me a chuckle.

I love how Skynews doesnt point out the Fact check is merely apologising for this part.

Mr Smith erupted at the ABC and threatened to sue amid reports the fact-check would not be corrected, slamming the national broadcaster for "damaging my name" after claiming he did not support renewables.

But is ultimately still proving old Smithy wrong.

Its almost like it doesn't expect its readers to read both the article and the updated paper.

This gave me a chuckle.

I love how Skynews doesnt point out the Fact check is merely apologising for this part.

But is ultimately still proving old Smithy wrong.

Its almost like it doesn't expect its readers to read both the article and the updated paper.

They know their audience. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back