Australian Survivor: Blood vs Water

Remove this Banner Ad

Just was randomly flicking through the channels not even knowing there was a new survivor when Shay was talking about meeting her boyfriend surfer a decade ago and thought I recognised him from my childhood.

Ben was the year above at school but born the same year as me and I did soccer and nippers with him. He had a sister about a year older. He was an excellent swimmer at school carnivals. I probably last saw or heard about him 15 years ago, was very much a surfer then.

Funny that coincidence. My tv reception can get dodgy in the early summer months of the year so I had to give up on World Movies and C9/10 tend to be best reception and by pure chance turned over at the right moment, otherwise would never know lol

Last edited:
Don't know why everyone here is focusing on Sophie, that was a brilliant first episode. probably the best ep 1 of all Survivorau series. Love that Chrissy knows nothing about the game, she was hilarious and i hope she lasts a while. Nina is jr Sandra, might be playing too hard too early but she used 100% so shes already fitting in on aussie survivor.
I dont hate anyone yet, cant wait for tomorrow.

Enjoyed that . Good start.

Andy is a knob and it was good to see him blindsided. Clearly many of them saw him play before.

I know Chrissy is clueless about the game (although I think she’s playing that up) but she’s pretty interesting and funny.

If that is the case you don't even bother getting up to get it, only makes you look suss to everyone else

I think it was the right move for Chrissy, she was probably the second most obvious choice tonight. The other two have just shown themselves to be working together secretly, which won’t go down well with the others

Andy is a w***er, but he's someone would have been good to drag along to keep the heat off you.

He would have been good to keep around to help win a challenge or two. Producers will need to work hard to find something they can compete in with the injured guy, Chrissy and a couple of other dead weights. In blood v water you wouldn't be expecting them to mix the tribes up anytime soon.

Don't know why everyone here is focusing on Sophie, that was a brilliant first episode. probably the best ep 1 of all Survivorau series. Love that Chrissy knows nothing about the game, she was hilarious and i hope she lasts a while. Nina is jr Sandra, might be playing too hard too early but she used 100% so shes already fitting in on aussie survivor.
I dont hate anyone yet, cant wait for tomorrow.
She’s got quite a profile irl and it’s not positive.

As much as I found his blindside hilarious, I'm not sure Andy did anything too wrong. His reputation proceeded him and made him an easy target for a group who wanted to establish an early game alliance.
He may be a good guy IRL but he gives off slimy vibes on Survivor and that would be enough for me to vote him off if i was on. He also decided on who to vote out and took on a leadership role, Mark was forced into that role in his season and that didnt help him so he learnt, but Andy didnt.

He may be a good guy IRL but he gives off slimy vibes on Survivor and that would be enough for me to vote him off if i was on. He also decided on who to vote out and took on a leadership role, Mark was forced into that role in his season and that didnt help him so he learnt, but Andy didnt.
Yep, Andy talked about how he is wiser and has learned his lessons, then went out and took charge instantly
While Mark who could have easily done the shelter and took charge himself just slid into the background and observed

Also when Sophie mentioned her ex husband she said it like he was a big deal and I legitimately had never heard of him before ever.. And I mean, I've watched a fair bit of footy in my time (as we all have)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never heard of her before and me and my partner instantly didn't like her. What makes her like that irl?
It’s quite the saga but in very short she was married to a mediocre Afl player, traded off the name to become a psuedo wag, they had an open relationship, separated, now she is dating a wnbl player as she realised she is gay.

I think ultimately she comes off as arrogant, self serving and nasty and most who seem to have interacted with her back that up.

It’s quite the saga but in very short she was married to a mediocre Afl player, traded off the name to become a psuedo wag, they had an open relationship, separated, now she is dating a wnbl player as she realised she is gay.

I think ultimately she comes off as arrogant, self serving and nasty and most who seem to have interacted with her back that up.
You have most of that right except that I’m not sure that he knew he was in an open relationship until after.

Nina is a gun. Deadset thought she was Sandra when she was talking to Mark at the well and was like “wait isn’t Sandra on the other trib-OH”. I wonder if this cast will be smart enough to recognise how good she may very well be.

Andy is such a dud. How you can make pretty much the same mistakes you made last time when you’re a returning player and then have no clue why you were voted off is an incredible situation.

Poor old Andy blindsided in the first episode, for a so called Survivor tragic he's not very good at it, making himself a target by trying to take charge straight away, although he probably would have been a target anyway being a returning player with a bad reputation, if he was a new player he may have slipped under the radar.

A bit of a shame to see him go so early as even though he's a flog he's an entertaining one, I would have preferred someone boring got voted out.

Sandra's daughter is definitely a chip off the old block, calling the shots early on and manipulating people, wouldn't be surprised to see her go deep.

Sophie’s dad (Robert Shaw) is probably better known than her ex husband (Jarryd Cachia) in the AFL

Apprently he played for Carlton, I have no memory of this. I didn’t even recognise the name. But we have had a whole heap of spuds come thru the club in the past decade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back