Australian Survivor: Blood vs Water

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he was weird and unlikeable at the beginning when he was playing with emotion, but he seemed to improve a lot as it went on. In the end his idiosyncraticities seemed somewhat amusing and others around him seemed to warm to him. They've never trusted him though.
I saw Cara on the end of The Project tonight and she mentioned calming George down which was a good reminder of snippets we've seen on the show. I don't think Cara played a great game but I think we've undersold her role in helping George improve his game.

She also addressed the Big D vote. Apparently they had two plans going in and at tribal she tried to clarify with 3 different people what the plan was and two just reassured her without clarification, one clarified but later said he didn't hear the question. If true it paints her in a bit better light.

I saw Cara on the end of The Project tonight and she mentioned calming George down which was a good reminder of snippets we've seen on the show. I don't think Cara played a great game but I think we've undersold her role in helping George improve his game.

She also addressed the Big D vote. Apparently they had two plans going in and at tribal she tried to clarify with 3 different people what the plan was and two just reassured her without clarification, one clarified but later said he didn't hear the question. If true it paints her in a bit better light.
Paints her no better for me, just proves how much of a follower she was. Didn’t have a clue the entire time

Whilst I can respect that George made many moves and has a fantastic tactical nous, he also had a habit of making moves for moves sake (which has worked out for him in the end, fair play), but I’d personally find it hard to award anyone the win who gave up on challenges as often as he did. I have zero respect for that

On RHAP exit interview she was trying to explain the Big D *up, was quite confusing but she was intimating that he was upset about something that day and thinking about bailing on the show, and that was part of the reason they had multiple plans in play, in case he quit (and hence why she got mixed up and wrote the wrong name).but even her explanation was confusing as * so maybe she’s just perennially confused

"He [the cameraman] was looking, watching the whole thing through the camera but he hadn't pressed record," she says.

Jesus, I wonder how far he would have let it go before stepping in haha.
When American Survivor was in Aus many moons ago (season 2, potentially) a contestant fainted and fell face first into the fire. The cameraman kept filming and production said had they helped they would’ve been sacked on the spot!

On RHAP exit interview she was trying to explain the Big D fu**up, was quite confusing but she was intimating that he was upset about something that day and thinking about bailing on the show, and that was part of the reason they had multiple plans in play, in case he quit (and hence why she got mixed up and wrote the wrong name).but even her explanation was confusing as fu** so maybe she’s just perennially confused
But she didn’t even write Big D’s name down so it couldn’t have been that. She messed up the split vote and Big D got idolled out right?

But she didn’t even write Big D’s name down so it couldn’t have been that. She messed up the split vote and Big D got idolled out right?

Yeah she didn’t really explain how it was supposed to work; plan a was whoever it was and plan b was Laura. Then she said she asked both big d and Emmett which plan was it (a or b?) and they both “told her to chill”. Then she asked George “if it was plan b, and he smiled and nodded. He later told me that he didn’t hear my question at all and was just smiling and nodding”.

Don’t really know if it was just excuses for screwing up, but she did say that Big D was planning to pull the pin and that he wasn’t at all upset to be going home (which was also the reason most of the alliance sort of laughed it off and moved on straight away).

Yeah she didn’t really explain how it was supposed to work; plan a was whoever it was and plan b was Laura. Then she said she asked both big d and Emmett which plan was it (a or b?) and they both “told her to chill”. Then she asked George “if it was plan b, and he smiled and nodded. He later told me that he didn’t hear my question at all and was just smiling and nodding”.

Don’t really know if it was just excuses for screwing up, but she did say that Big D was planning to pull the pin and that he wasn’t at all upset to be going home (which was also the reason most of the alliance sort of laughed it off and moved on straight away).

Big D only pulling the pin because he had a freedom rally to attend.

I think this is my first post in this thread.
Usually a couple of episodes behind due to work commitments etc.
A few things.

I generally enjoyed the season but I think going forward 18 contestants 39 days is enough, 22 at the start sees a few players go almost nameless through the first 3 / 4 even 5 episodes.

Thus maybe 2 episodes per week running 50 - 60 mins plus ads, 3 episodes per week sometimes running 90+ mins is a big commitment.

Too much dramatic music playing when people are talking is not required.

For god sake less idols!!!!

Already mentioned elsewhere but showing essentially tribal spoilers in the previews of the next episode is unacceptable.(ie contestants clearly not wearing the immunity necklace at tribal)

JLP has become a pretty good host of the show, not Probst levels but has his own way which I like.

Pretty much yelled as loud as I would watching the footy when Wai won immunity then clapped like a d1ckhead for about 90 seconds afterwards like I would as my team exits the ground after a good win.

Don't mind the final 3, a Hayley George showdown would be fantastic, I won't know the winner until Monday arvo as I am working Sunday night and will catch up with a cuppa java then.

Look forward to Survivor 41 and season 9 of Australian Survivor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see a season whether it’s US or AU that us as viewers don’t see who has found any hidden idols. Would add to the suspense as viewers watching tribal. In the credits they then show how the idol was found.
I think this has happened once in a season before. They were at tribal and a player revealed/played an idol, and they cut to a scene of him finding it earlier that day. I think it was US Survivor and I'm 80% sure I'm not making this up 😅

I think this has happened once in a season before. They were at tribal and a player revealed/played an idol, and they cut to a scene of him finding it earlier that day. I think it was US Survivor and I'm 80% sure I'm not making this up 😅

yeah I have vague memory of it. Was pretty early in when idols came into play.

This is not the one you are thinking of, but I think when Amanda found an idol in Micronesia they showed her looking for the idol, but only revealed she had it in the tribal council.

This is not the one you are thinking of, but I think when Amanda found an idol in Micronesia they showed her looking for the idol, but only revealed she had it in the tribal council.
An all time great moment.
Alexis's face when it was her name that came out, classic.

I hope George wins, he’s a knob but has pulled some unbelievable moves all seasons. Am fine if Hayley wins too.

Flick doesn’t deserve it compared to the other two, but meh she’s so lovely I’m not gonna lose sleep if she does!

Prediction? Hayley to win immunity and win final council (am probably way off).

I'd take All Stars over it but it's clearly the best newbie final 2 we've had.
Whilst Dave is better than both, these 2 are better than Sharn.

I was talking to my friend today, he says “oh I put a bet on XX today, but YY is paying these odds”
I said “mate, you realise you’ve just told me who wins after a season of watching”
He reckons I’m wrong and his bet is still valid. Betting after the fact - f me, how dumb can you be. So pissed that I know the result

Whilst Dave is better than both, these 2 are better than Sharn.
Sharn was a vote away from winning her first game, and made the final 2 despite coming in as a huge threat in her second, at worst George and Hayley are slightly ahead of her, and her + Dave are streets ahead.

I was talking to my friend today, he says “oh I put a bet on XX today, but YY is paying these odds”
I said “mate, you realise you’ve just told me who wins after a season of watching”
He reckons I’m wrong and his bet is still valid. Betting after the fact - f me, how dumb can you be. So pissed that I know the result

What a clown. I’m happy with George or Hayley; both streets ahead of anyone else this year. George probably gets my vote because a/ he hasn’t been voted out, b/ he’s been on the bottom pretty much all season and c/ he’s made more moves than anyone. And some great ones too. But would be very happy with Hayley too, she’s a champ. Should be a great finale

Remove this Banner Ad

Back