Australian Survivor: Blood vs Water

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the frostiest jury villa ive ever seen...fair enough she wasn't liked because of the way she played the game, but I thought that was petty at the dinner table that no one initially welcomed her as they do each and everyone else.

At the end of the day it's a game, a game about lying and manipulating...

It could have been some selective editing aswell but she walked in an no one stodd up, then they cut to her taking her seat and Jordan, Khan and 1 of the twins were taking their seats...then silence.
This may be part of the reason why Mark didn't play his idol for her. Not only does retaining the 2 idols get him very close to final three, but if it ended up as Sam in the final two it would be very hard to win over the jury. No way Jesse and Jordie (If ended up there) will vote for her and I get the impression the twins wouldn't either.

The jury may be more open to voting for Mark than Sam.

That was the frostiest jury villa ive ever seen...fair enough she wasn't liked because of the way she played the game, but I thought that was petty at the dinner table that no one initially welcomed her as they do each and everyone else.

At the end of the day it's a game, a game about lying and manipulating...

It could have been some selective editing aswell but she walked in an no one stodd up, then they cut to her taking her seat and Jordan, Khan and 1 of the twins were taking their seats...then silence.

Which is why Mark may not get the votes should he make it to final 2. Also remember we don’t see the interaction between the players, we see what the producer wants us to see.

It won’t help Mark’s cause when the jury members actually find out they had two idols at the time.

I keep reading the "experts" saying Sam is some sort of Survivor playing genius. I cant see it myself. She stole the idol and then basically stressed about it for the rest of her game to her detriment. It also caused her to burn most of the jury. If you cannot manage the jury you are just not playing a good game. And i am almost sure she would deep down feel really pissed she had to blow up her game for Mark too. Without his idol they would be nothing .

I keep reading the "experts" saying Sam is some sort of Survivor playing genius. I cant see it myself. She stole the idol and then basically stressed about it for the rest of her game to her detriment. It also caused her to burn most of the jury. If you cannot manage the jury you are just not playing a good game. And i am almost sure she would deep down feel really pissed she had to blow up her game for Mark too. Without his idol they would be nothing .
Watching her scramble around on Sunday night to everyone saying "ive got the idol what do you want to do" was utterly pathetic.

I suppose some would say it was smart cause she didnt have an idol and it may have meant she didnt get the vote but it was just sad

Watching her scramble around on Sunday night to everyone saying "ive got the idol what do you want to do" was utterly pathetic.

I suppose some would say it was smart cause she didnt have an idol and it may have meant she didnt get the vote but it was just sad
It was smart. You're off your rocker if you think otherwise.

It was smart. You're off your rocker if you think otherwise.
Well as Jordie pointed out she half stepped in it by saying "the idol" instead of "my idol" or whatever.

Perhaps it kept her there an extra day but it looked like panicked schoolgirl s**t and shes home now anyway.

Yeah that was terrible at TC. It wasn't good acting it was just transparent desperation. It's the same sort of thing that got her booted last time she played and would have got her voted out earlier this time if it wasn't for the BvW theme.

Like I said earlier in the season she is a pretty good front running player when in control (but who isnt) but as soon as she doesn't have full control she wigs out and ruins her own game

It will be interesting to see how Mark plays this because if he manages to jag 2 immunities then he won’t need the second idol and can ride out the “Jordie is lying” narrative until the very end. But then he gets to FTC and you would assume Jessie (and now Sam) has told everyone at jury villa that Jordie is telling the truth so there could be some bitterness there.

It will be interesting to see how Mark plays this because if he manages to jag 2 immunities then he won’t need the second idol and can ride out the “Jordie is lying” narrative until the very end. But then he gets to FTC and you would assume Jessie (and now Sam) has told everyone at jury villa that Jordie is telling the truth so there could be some bitterness there.
I think he'll escape that bitterness because he's not been the one in the firing line, it's all been Sam. Also, no-one would expect him to burn his wife, so he really had no choice but to play along.

All Mark needs to do is "own it" if he makes it to the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not surprised at how frosty that jury villa was.

Josh and Jordan seem like blokes who value loyalty, and would be pretty salty about being double crossed and not told the truth, whether they actually have the right to know or not. Jesse admittedly should be salty because his idol was deceived into giving his idol away. And Sam from what we've seen of her is a very confrontational person, so...

I think he'll escape that bitterness because he's not been the one in the firing line, it's all been Sam. Also, no-one would expect him to burn his wife, so he really had no choice but to play along.

All Mark needs to do is "own it" if he makes it to the end.
It hard to tell how much the blow back of Sam taking Jesse's idol will have on Mark. I think there will be a bit of blow back, but in a better position than if it is Sam going to the Jury vote.

I'd still say Jesse (and Jordie if he's there) wouldn't vote him. There may be some blow back from his former alliance Jordan, Josh and Chrissy (If they are there) knowing that he and Sam had two idols and did nothing with it to help that alliance.

How much that have in impact will be dependent on how betrayed they feel from that or if they think it was good strategic play.

Funny thing is Sam at the Villa may help Mark now. All this time Jesse would have been at the Villa telling everybody what a snake Sam is without Sam having a say to defend herself and Mark. Now she is there she can try to justify herself and extension Mark which could influence the final vote.

Last edited:
I think the lies that Sam told about the idol will definitely effect how people vote towards Mark. Jordie told Josh and Jordan multiple times about the second idol, while also confronting Sam about it publicly at tribal council.
The fact that Mark had two idols, was part of the majority alliance and didnt make any big moves would mean his case for winning is not overly impressive.

People can be salty campaigners in the game just like they can in real life. Don't want everyone cracking the sads but I actually enjoy an angry juror or two come the end of the season that the players still there have to deal with. Everyone patting each other on the back and saying good game is boring as bat s**t to watch

Jessie has every right to be salty tbh. Your ally pocketing your idol then voting you out would be a tough pill to swallow, just like Phoebe was salty at Dave when he did similar to her in his winning season.

Jordan not so much as what was Sam supposed to do in that tribal? Just let them vote her out?

Big Juicy getting the win would be an all timer. Mark seems the obvious winner but could actually make a case for the Juice beating the rest

Got to be the best Survivor nickname too

Ugh, that jury villa was so cringe and awkward. I think I can understand bitter juries - but Sam didn't beat them, why be bitter towards her after she's been rolled?

The story about Josh flipping seemed like they didn't really understand the game. He flipped because he wasn't prepared to go to rocks, but told Sam and Mark to play the idol.

Easy for her to say now that they couldn't both go to the final 3, but if they'd played last night much smarter they could've had 2 of them in the top 5 and 1 of them guaranteed top 3.

Not that I think it matters for Sam and/or Mark. I don't think there's anyone left in the game, except maybe KJ if the jury didn't respect her game, that either Mark or Sam could beat.

I'm not surprised at how frosty that jury villa was.

Josh and Jordan seem like blokes who value loyalty, and would be pretty salty about being double crossed and not told the truth, whether they actually have the right to know or not. Jesse admittedly should be salty because his idol was deceived into giving his idol away. And Sam from what we've seen of her is a very confrontational person, so...
Is it really that much different to Parvati convincing Eric to give up his Immunity Idol and then voting him out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back