back to back brownlows for roo

Remove this Banner Ad

Pauly

Draftee
Aug 29, 2004
Other Teams
Adelaide
the roo is averaging more touches than his brownlow year, but the crows haven't won as many games. I still think he has a chance, as i feel he has had a few best on grounds in a losing team, thus he may only get 2 instead of 3.

What do you guys honestly think

Pauly slow down mate.
Read some old threads b4 you start posting and you will get the gist of this board. At the rate you are going no one will answer your questions within 2 days. (just a tip:) not meant to be taken personally)
as for your question.
stiffy_18 will be going to europe because he put $100 at $82
macca23 doubts it is possible with so many losses
dibertribe thinks tredrea is the one
etc etc

the big tip USE THE SEARCH

I think he has a sexcellent chance.

However I think Riewoldt, Deadbrain, Judd and Slappin are also in with a good chance.

jc67 said:
Pauly slow down mate.
Read some old threads b4 you start posting and you will get the gist of this board. At the rate you are going no one will answer your questions within 2 days. (just a tip:) not meant to be taken personally)
as for your question.
stiffy_18 will be going to europe because he put $100 at $82
macca23 doubts it is possible with so many losses
dibertribe thinks tredrea is the one
etc etc

the big tip USE THE SEARCH
That was $100 @ 80/1.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed:p

The Roo has a slight chance but I cant see him taking it out.

What does everyone think of Cameron Lings' chances? IMO he is a REALLY BIG CHANCE - only Scarlett, Graham and maybe Ablett to pinch a few votes off him.

Ricciuto will not win the brownlow unfortunately. As good a season as he has had (although he has dropped off in the last few), does anyone really think his season has been better than a Tredrea, Riewoldt or Akermanis?

jmorg1 said:
Ricciuto will not win the brownlow unfortunately. As good a season as he has had (although he has dropped off in the last few), does anyone really think his season has been better than a Tredrea, Riewoldt or Akermanis?
IMHO Ricciuto has been in better and more consistent form than he was in last season when he had a bit of a slow start. The thing that will probably count against him is that Adelaide have not won a lot of games and umpires seem to give more votes to players in winning sides.

Tredrea's main problem with polling well in the Brownlow is that the Cornes brothers will probably take a lot of votes off him.

I stated this on the main board but I'll do it here aswell.
Roo will poll very well, obviously he is a favourite amongst the umpires so that will help him, but with Adelaide having an off year he will not poll too many BOG's IMO he will score alot of 1's and 2's which will keep him around the mark but wont be enough to knock off the likes of Riewoldt, Tredrea or possibly Lappin.
I think this year it is very open and a number of players could win it unlike last year it was pretty obvious IMO that Roo and or Buckley would get it.

Based on our own votes for best on ground and awarding as follows:

Bigfooty Crows Board 5 Votes in a win = 3 Brownlow Votes
Bigfooty Crows Board 4 Votes in a win = 2 Brownlow Votes
Bigfooty Crows Board 5 Votes in a close loss = 1 Brownlow Vote
Bigfooty Crows Board 5 Votes in a thrashing = 0 Brownlow Votes

Roo would get 15 Brownlow votes, no where near enough. Interestingly, despite our early season form, Roo would still have 12 votes by Round 11, showing how he was burning early in the season. Pity he didn't have a few mates!

NB. Last year this method predicted Roo would get 19 votes from memory, so it can be slightly conservative.

For the record:

1 0
2 0
3 1
4 1
5 3
6 0
7 3
8 0
9 0
10 3
11 1
12 0
13 0
14 0
15 0
16 1
17 0
18 0
19 0
20 2
21 0
22 0

Yeah, I reckon Roo will be up around the leaders at the halfway mark, despite all our losses. But his second half of the year was nowhere near as good and I don't think he will poll well at all in the second half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back