Strategy Bring Back Home Mattaes Phillipou

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be the case if we went to the last day of the trade week and finally folded at the last minute, but Reid came out at 5 minutes to on the first day proclaiming pick 5 was already Gold Coast's. Rankine could have still been priority one, but everything the Crows did suggests a 2023 1st Rounder was better to keep than the pick we had, which virtually guaranteed Phillipou, or at worst Tsatas, Humphries or trading out.
I know a lot don't rate rendells opinion these days but he had rankine at 1 and it was a super draft that year. He's a generational player.

9ilPzLOz.jpg

Youngest player in the draft and is already making Steele look small! And he's a midfielder

it's ok, we got a small forward that might come good and possibly even have a go at being a midfielder.

Tbh..i'll be watching hollands at GC and hoping we are right in his ear. He offers a point of difference for our midfield. To me, phillipou is more likely to land at port if he wants home down the track..port supporter and dad played there. Could be wrong but i'd be prioritising hollands if he is ever at all gettable
His Dad played for Woodville West Torrens, his grandad was a legend of Torrens and played 300+ games. Not sure if Mattaes is a port supporter, but if he is I doubt that he is a die hard one. He was more interested in basketball.

His Dad played for Woodville West Torrens, his grandad was a legend of Torrens and played 300+ games. Not sure if Mattaes is a port supporter, but if he is I doubt that he is a die hard one. He was more interested in basketball.
he has openly said he and the whole family support the pear in the afl

hes not coming to us close this thread and concentrate on hollands who would come in a heartbeat

he has openly said he and the whole family support the pear in the afl

hes not coming to us close this thread and concentrate on hollands who would come in a heartbeat
Yeah I agree.
You want kids who either love the club, love the state, or kids who are going to be loyal one club players.

The talk is that he is a bit of a FIGJAM and has said that he wants to be drafted by a Melbourne club and play in the big Victorian games.
If he comes back to SA it would be to Port.
Very few players who are local Port supporters come back to the Crows and very few Crows fans like Rankine and Dawkins will come back to Port.

You can say all that and also say he has alot of talent at the same time.
One doesn't negate the other.
If he comes begging to us to get him home of course you do it.
There is more Polec about him than there is Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he asked for danny frawleys number and got it. He'd be absolutely hated if he came home after 2 years. I wouldnt be impressed either. Spuds a legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back