BBL Match 31 Adelaide Strikers v Hobart Hurricanes 1910hrs @ the Adelaide Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A great deal of it probably has to do with the timing of when it is held but the imports are generally very ordinary - for what it is worth I am particularly talking about this season with my post, by the way. The imported players this year are absolutely garbage.

The standard of batting in every game I have seen - as I said in my post it’s evident every time I switch it on and maybe I’m missing all the ‘good’ games - is just pitiful.

I don’t have a problem with lower scoring games where teams have to find different ways to score runs but I’m also seeing games where they’re not having to do that; they’re just throwing away wickets blindly half the time for no reason
Fair, it is a domestic league after all so it's not going to get big name internationals like the IPL.

That said, looking at the squads of the other leagues, I don't notice a lot of big name imports either. The SA league has better domestic players, but that's what's happens when there is more cash on offer than an overseas NZ tour.

Boyce is a joy to watch.

Who would be the slower spinners from down the years?
Warne was at the lower end by today's standards.
Ramesh Powar from India springs to mind.
Moeen Ali when he started was regularly under 50mph/80kmh but got a lot quicker.

Fair, it is a domestic league after all so it's not going to get big name internationals like the IPL.

That said, looking at the squads of the other leagues, I don't notice a lot of big name imports either. The SA league has better domestic players, but that's what's happens when there is more cash on offer than an overseas NZ tour.

I can’t speak for some of the other domestic comps because I don’t pay much attention if any to them but the CPL probably benefits because the majority of its local players are a good deal more experienced than a lot of the names I’m seeing playing the BBL this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Pope was the next big thing? Bloke can barely hit the pitch, woeful.

EDIT: LOL David. Bat 3 you absolute coward.
He was always overhyped. He had THAT performance against England but practically all wickets were via the googly, and he hasn't shown to have much else.

Doing well for Kensington in grade cricket this season though and could play Shield soon, but he is a LONG way down the pecking order.

2nd rate international Poms

Overton v Chris Jordan
Overton's had a great tournament so far. 10 wickets at 20, and averaging 40 with the bat.

Back