Best 22 in 3-4 weeks time

Remove this Banner Ad

“Last season”. He has not been anywhere near as good this season.
sad but true- I love the fit and running Henry, but we are yet to see that version this year. I plan my team without him, and if he regains his form and fitness, it's a bonus.

Agree but he had no pre season and then was rushed in so i doubt he was ever match fit. If he gets properly match fit (which is the if with his injury)then hes best 12 let alone best 22.
Huge ifs.

This year he has been much improved.

It’s only once per game. :D

I’m actually serious. He’s having a good year.

He is having his best season but do you really trust him come finals? I don’t have him as a lock in the 22 albeit I’ve got slightly more confidence that he won’t be as bad as he has been in the past.

Yes

He absolutely frustrates me at times, but I do feel like we've missed him as that link player between the arcs & one who can sneak forward, because while he can be a bit hungry at times he does know where the goals are

He's also one of our stronger midfield marks, and in the past we've kinda been able to utilise him & Dangerfield as marking targets along the wing, but not so much this year - obviously no Menegola and limited Dangerfield
Going to be interesting to see how he comes back. For him to be in best 22 he needs to be near his best? The value that Rohan adds is pure effort pressure and speed which is just as much mindset as anything. He has bought that back.

With menegola I think he needs to be near his physical capacity to add the value we all hope he can? From the vfl game I saw he needs another couple before we know. If he was that rusty at afl level he would not be additive.

Fingers crossed he gets back how we want him to

He is having his best season but do you really trust him come finals? I don’t have him as a lock in the 22 albeit I’ve got slightly more confidence that he won’t be as bad as he has been in the past.
On current form he is absolutely a 🔒

Because mocs form has been worse. But both of them are bottom 6 inthe 22 and in danger of dropping out when we get players back.
Bews is a lock, and has been for years.

Bloody hard

FB Henry De Koning Bews
HB Stewart Kolodjashnij Z.Guthrie
C Menegola Dangerfield Tuohy
HF Smith Cameron Close
FF Rohan Hawkins Stengle
Fol Stanley Guthrie Parfitt
Int Blicavs Selwood Duncan Atkins

average age 28 years 290ish days

Crazy amount of structural flexibility

We have great depth
Higgins, Dahlhaus, O'Connor, Miers , Holmes

Agree but he had no pre season and then was rushed in so i doubt he was ever match fit. If he gets properly match fit (which is the if with his injury)then hes best 12 let alone best 22.
His lack of preseason surely is now compunding his current injury- I regard him as gone until proven otherwise.

Stewart
Henry
Bews
Kolo
De Koning
Atkins*

All those will be in the team at once as part of the backs group all fit.

*Atkins may be swapped midfield.

MOC and Zuthrie the one’s on the periphery, and I like them both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge ifs.

I do agree and i half dont expect him back with the foot my point was more if he gets back and he is fit he will be in he wont be in the vfl like a bunch of names that we are discussing on this thread.

Stewart
Henry
Bews
Kolo
De Koning
Atkins*

All those will be in the team at once as part of the backs group all fit.

*Atkins may be swapped midfield.

MOC and Zuthrie the one’s on the periphery, and I like them both

When fit i have all of
Stewart
Sdk
Blitz
Kolo
Henry
Bews
Atkins
Tuohy
MOC

As best 22 and i think zuthrie is pushing for best 22.

But thats too many defenders to fit in the 22 especially considering our mids and ruck are weak and need bolstering.

Unless we spin the magnets and some of the above guys play in the midfield then i reckon at least 2 of them will have to miss the 22when everyone is fit.

Bloody hard

FB Henry De Koning Bews
HB Stewart Kolodjashnij Z.Guthrie
C Menegola Dangerfield Tuohy
HF Smith Cameron Close
FF Rohan Hawkins Stengle
Fol Stanley Guthrie Parfitt
Int Blicavs Selwood Duncan Atkins

average age 28 years 290ish days

Crazy amount of structural flexibility

We have great depth
Higgins, Dahlhaus, O'Connor, Miers , Holmes

Great depth everywhere except kpd and ruck.
If sdk goes down we are stuffed (i suppose blitz could play back but still it would expose us)and if stanley goes down we are stuffed unless ceglar can fill the breach
In all other positions our depth is great.

I do agree and i half dont expect him back with the foot my point was more if he gets back and he is fit he will be in he wont be in the vfl like a bunch of names that we are discussing on this thread.
The thread is “3-4 weeks time”. Long odds Henry is cemented back by then

Henry’s played what...4 games? With out a proper pre season.

Bit unfair to compare the two on current form. When one has been injured.
Thread is best 22 in 3-4 weeks.

The thread is “3-4 weeks time”. Long odds Henry is cemented back by then

I dont think we will cement the best 22 til say round 20 (month from finals)and i reckon henry is back by then.

Henry’s played what...4 games? With out a proper pre season.

Bit unfair to compare the two on current form. When one has been injured.
Bit unfair to expect Henry to fulfil the thread OP. End season, maybe, next 3-4 weeks- not likely.
When fit i have all of
Stewart
Sdk

Blitz
Kolo
Henry
Bews

Atkins
Tuohy
MOC

As best 22 and i think zuthrie is pushing for best 22.

But thats too many defenders to fit in the 22 especially considering our mids and ruck are weak and need bolstering.

Unless we spin the magnets and some of the above guys play in the midfield then i reckon at least 2 of them will have to miss the 22when everyone is fit.
Atkins, Tuohy, MOC, and Blic all play regularly away from defence.

On current form he is absolutely a 🔒

I’ll need a greater body of work before I’m convinced. It’s composure under real heat that I’m looking for. Z.Guthrie is much better in this area this year. As is Atkins. Kolo has been too but gees, it’s hard to have real trust until he shows it in a final I reckon. Probably the same with the other 2 as well really.

I’ll need a greater body of work before I’m convinced. It’s composure under real heat that I’m looking for. Z.Guthrie is much better in this area this year. As is Atkins. Kolo has been too but gees, it’s hard to have real trust until he shows it in a final I reckon. Probably the same with the other 2 as well really.
I’ve always disagreed with you on this topic. Don’t know how a player can stake a claim for the finals campaign ahead other than playing well in H&A.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back