Best 22 in 3-4 weeks time

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't expect us to finalise our best 22 until a couple of weeks out from finals. For example Stephens isn't in it at the moment but I expect us to give him most games from here to try and show he is.

And it's way too early to judge guys coming back from significant injuries. Look how Duncan struggled early on but has been brilliant recently. Guys like Henry, Menegola and Holmes will be given every chance to find form.
Sadly I m not expecting Henry to play a part this year

I’d like to see Menegola in that Miers position, high half forward is probably the technical term. He has the running capacity and will be much better defensively, and less prone to turnovers.
Yes although to be fair miers had that awesome defensive effort in the dogs goalsquare which impressed me greatly.
Both have a huge running tank as well.

Yes although to be fair miers had that awesome defensive effort in the dogs goalsquare which impressed me greatly.
Both have a huge running tank as well.

Miers had a good last quarter on the weekend, I am not as down on him as I was two weeks ago.

Would have him sub in theoretical best 22 today, but realistically you are never going to have every single player available. So he probably plays.

It is hard. And I note that everyone I have seen so far doesn’t have any of the debutants. Indeed yours even leaves out two “regular youngans“ in Miers and Holmes.

we should all keep this in mind as we critisie the MC. And demand youth each week. I want to see youth for sure but if cats have a full list they will (rightfully) think they can win it. I would in yours swap out menagola for holmes.
the other one in my mind that might fall off a cliff is Smith. If menagola and holmes come back to full form maybe they squeeze him out?

of course it is all an academic exercise as with an old list I can’t Imagne we will ever have everyone to pick from?

I don't really care about youth for the sake of youth, I think a player can full develop in the VFL and get to the standard, De Koning did.

I think we can win now so we should be putting all our eggs in that basket, games for development is for hopeless team and pre-season.

I don't really care about youth for the sake of youth, I think a player can full develop in the VFL and get to the standard, De Koning did.

I think we can win now so we should be putting all our eggs in that basket, games for development is for hopeless team and pre-season.
I think you just agreed with me? Wasn’t sure?

If I was MC I would go for the win for sure and play the best available which will largely be the experienced players. My question is to make sure those players are fit and in form and not reliant on just reputation (menagola, smith etc). I back the club to be smart over the next 3 weeks to set up for a real crack at the last 5 weeks having the best players fit but not banged uppEd. And need a bit of luck.

However going into 2023 I think they should be more actively getting games into youth for sure….but that is for next year

Menegola is so far from a lock it’s not funny. Very overrated player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Another player who has a questionable finals record. Menegola’s good is very good, his bad is bloody ordinary too. I’d prefer to be getting games (when he’s back fit) to Holmes if you have them competing for the same position.
How many vfl games has he played since his debut? Hes very much a lock.
Whatever we think, we know he is one of CS's favourite players. He is limited but as said by many, when he's on, his marking, running and GKA are top shelf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another player who has a questionable finals record. Menegola’s good is very good, his bad is bloody ordinary too. I’d prefer to be getting games (when he’s back fit) to Holmes if you have them competing for the same position.
Won’t be choosing between them.

I have them both in too but 26 doesn’t go into 22.
No, but as we see this week, injuries will determine our best 22. Parfitt is a very big loss- I think he is maligned a little, and underrated a lot here.

Last edited:
You’d reckon if ever there was a game you could afford to get Menengola and Danger to “blow off the cobwebs”, it would be against this version of the Eagles. Parfitt is a def loss but we should have the cattle to cover it. Hell, we covered Danger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’d reckon if ever there was a game you could afford to get Menengola and Danger to “blow off the cobwebs”, it would be against this version of the Eagles. Parfitt is a def loss but we should have the cattle to cover it. Hell, we covered Danger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm thinking it might be more about the hours spent on the jet at home it would be a no brainer.

I'm thinking it might be more about the hours spent on the jet at home it would be a no brainer.
Agree. I think the flight would certainly be taken into consideration. They get in an out in 36 hours now so that is 8 hours on a plane and same again getting to and from airport. I can’t imagine they would fly Danger to play WC - maybe menagola they might?

The flip side is that the VFL against Werribee could be fun if they bring a few back via that!

Agree. I think the flight would certainly be taken into consideration. They get in an out in 36 hours now so that is 8 hours on a plane and same again getting to and from airport. I can’t imagine they would fly Danger to play WC - maybe menagola they might?

The flip side is that the VFL against Werribee could be fun if they bring a few back via that!
I recall watching Chappy play in a VFL game on his way back after one of his hammy injuries- if good enough for him, so it should be for Danger and Menegola? Or any player missing a large chunk of games. Fyfe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back