List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Harry McKay for mine

Loving his development and watching him play..he reminds me of what Roughy was like early on, but bigger.

Just needs to work on his set shot goal kicking and he will become a 70+ a year goal kicker with how the game is now played and the blues not having another gun key forward.

It’s just unfortunate that curnow looks to never reach his potential..those two together were the next buddy and roughy combo

Aaron Naughton is doing things that veteran key forwards do in their prime, I'm a big fan of Ben King too seen a few Gold Coast games.

Of the rest, Id love a ben or max king.

Aaron Naughton is doing things that veteran key forwards do in their prime, I'm a big fan of Ben King too seen a few Gold Coast games.
He might not be the absolute best player but I think Ben King will kick the most goals of the current crop

Updated current top 10

1- Naughton
2- McKay
3- O.Allan
4- B.King
5- M. King
6- L. McDonald
7- Hipwood
8- Larkey
9- N.Cox
10- L. Jackson

Left out Charlie Curnow as it’s been too long since I’ve seen him play.
Oscar Allen being a bit overrated I reckon. He’s playing as the 3rd tall, whereas the rest of the top 7 are number 1 or equal number 1 KPFs

Oscar Allen being a bit overrated I reckon. He’s playing as the 3rd tall, whereas the rest of the top 7 are number 1 or equal number 1 KPFs

Nah, watch him play, he’s got it....and plays for a club who can actually fully develop star KPP too, unlike plenty of players on that list.

Oscar Allen is as good a mark as anyone with a jump at it.
I think he's better than Darling and Kennedy in that aspect.

I think once you're 5 seasons in it's a bit hard to classify you as 'young'. Hipwood/Curnow/McKay are all in that 23 - 28 block that should be your prime as a KPF.

If we're looking at <23

Aaron Naughton, Ben or Max King, Oscar Allen, and Logan Mcdonald so far, are probably the most impressive young guys at the moment.

Last edited:
Aaron Noughton was impressive today with his zero goals.

Best young key forward in the game, give me a spell.

Max King and Ben King leave this pretender for dead.
If all 18 AFL coaches were allowed to pick one of King, Naughton or Larkey for their teams every single one of them would pick King ahead of the other two.

Let's not pretend otherwise.
Think you’re underrating Naughton a tad here. I’m sure at least one team would Take Naughton over King. Even if it is just one.

A bit old to be considered "young".

McKay is a Lygon St urban legend. Will be considered young when he is 29, just like like Cripps is the tallest player in the AFL.

Would have thought the discussion should have been limited to players in their third season or less.

McKay is a Lygon St urban legend. Will be considered young when he is 29, just like like Cripps is the tallest player in the AFL.

Would have thought the discussion should have been limited to players in their third season or less.

Or under 22.

Or under 50 games.

Hipwood will reach 100 games this year. What % of footballers do that? And he is on a "young" list ?

Luke Jackson
Close thread pls

Back