Bigger impact - Lake to Hawthorn or Tippett to Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 41 and a downgrade of pick 21 to 27. That downgrade can be the difference between a great player and a so so one, maybe even trumping a player/s the hawk recruiters had earmarked to pick not being available at 27.
Sure but pick 27 may turn out to be a gun and pick 21 could flop.

Way to simplistic is your logic.

Pick 41 and a downgrade of pick 21 to 27. That downgrade can be the difference between a great player and a so so one, maybe even trumping a player/s the hawk recruiters had earmarked to pick not being available at 27.

Well yeah no s**t.

You're speculating in a pretty basic way though, we know what we're getting with Lake.

Hawks could have made a better signing if they visited their local senior citizen centre.

2chuf7m.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gven that it appears increasingly likely that Tippet won't go to Sydney I would have to say Lake at hawthorn :)

Even if the guy puts in one decent season for us i'll sleep better at night in 2013 knowing we have a big butch lumberjack to plant on the big fwds.

First half of the season, obviously Lake. Overall, Tippett.

It will be interesting if they go head to head in round 23.
Just say Tippett. Obviously Lake will make a bigger impact in the first half of the season, anyone would.

Graham Wright came out and said we would have taken Tim O'Brien with pick 21 if we still had it anyway. Given that we basically got Lake for pick 41. Reminds me of how we picked up Stewart Dew for a pick in the 40s.

One moves like a tortoise and the other needs one more crack on the scone and he's history. Both are a couple of duds.

If you take the Grand Final (that game that means the hawks are a bunch of underachievers and swans were undoubtedly the best team of 2012) you may have noticed that when hawks played a loose man in defence we performed a lot WORSE. The swans put the extra man in the midfield and they're already a gun side with clearances, an extra man around the packs absolutely cooked us.

The periods of that game where Hawthorn kicked consecutive goals and had teh swans on the back foot were when we manned up and played attacking footy.

If Lake allows us to play more attacking footy then hopefully we won't see the negative, 'match-saving' coaching mindset that often sees Geelong and Sydney render us scoreless for long periods of a match.

That will be huge for us.

What will Tippett do for the swans? No idea. He just played a full season in a side that finished 3rd and kicked 39 goals. If he brings this kind of performance to Sydney, who mastered the slingshot in 2012, he'll probably kick a few more than that (on a per game average).

I think Lake will save the hawks more goals than Tippett will add to the crows, but that's just a guess based on me knowing the hawks a lot better and me wanting it to be true (if I'm honest)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back