Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 1st Test 9-13 Feb, 1430hrs at Nagpur

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Carey's keeping and input on reviews was pretty good. The catch he took from Kohli was excellent. Standing up to Boland took some guts.
And batted OK compared to the rest.
Yeah fair point. I'll happily add Carey to the positives.

I would pump the brakes on Murphy, yeah he got a 5'fer but two of his wickets were from gutter balls down the legside.

Whatever happened to Hauritz? He was a good offspinner and he could bat as well, the NSW mafia must snuffed him out.
Hauritz literally played for NSW most of his career and would've had SFA test caps without that. He couldn't turn the ball for s**t

You can't prepare to play in India

We are competitive in most countries but India is ****ed

Yes you can. You pull the test squad out of hit and giggle and send them for preparation. Some of the players should have been managed during the South
African series to prevent injuries(Hazlewood, Green, Starc)

I’m calling it early and pulling up stumps on this series. If CA are not prepared to take this seriously with a vision to conquer abroad, then I ain’t wasting anymore time watching this garbage. Wish the boys well and don’t begrudge them picking up their pay checks, but I’m done as a fan.

I would pump the brakes on you. How about you * off the the NZ forum

Cool your jets bro, word on the street is that Ronald McDonald is in trouble and could be replaced by a Kiwi in Dan Vettori in the not too distant future.

Realistically, India will win this game batting once or chasing a pretty small 4th innings total. Best case scenario for Australia seems to be bowl India out with a 1st innings deficit of 160 which means Australia have to score 310 in its 2nd innings to set India a potentially awkward 4th innings chase of 150 and I wouldn't hold out much hope of that happening.

These two left handers have done pretty well even if they're batting against a tiring attack. Another test ton for Jadeja might be on the cards as Siraj is the only Indian player not on test debut with a poor test average which is understandable as he's listed as #11 on their batting order.
Best case scenario for Australia is lose but get some decent efforts from their batsmen in the 2nd inning

Zero chance of a win or draw.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes you can. You pull the test squad out of hit and giggle and send them for preparation. Some of the players should have been managed during the South
African series to prevent injuries(Hazlewood, Green, Starc)
Agreed.

there was an article about Renshaw trying to tread the fine line between BBL and preparing for India.
Edit: Here it is, As Australia prepare to take on India, Matt Renshaw is pulling off one of cricket's great juggling acts
Hint: Make a decision which is more important to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would pump the brakes on Murphy, yeah he got a 5'fer but two of his wickets were from gutter balls down the legside.

Whatever happened to Hauritz? He was a good offspinner and he could bat as well, the NSW mafia must snuffed him out.
Hauritz was too soon after Warne - we had a generation of thinking spinners would destroy sides, and despite being perfectly serviceable, the selectors showed no patience.

Lyon was the same - no world-beater early on but by then we'd been through so many that it was his job by default, and he grew into the role.

We have been so underprepared. 2017 we prepared for ages. It sounds like India is filling in time before the Ashes. We have been like a deer in headlights in their conditions. Maybe we'll be satisfied just beating India in the WTC final.....dunno. All I know we have go to India as unprepared as any side could be

We are preparing for the Ashes (and probably the WTC final) though with blokes going over to play County Cricket early.

We have been so underprepared. 2017 we prepared for ages. It sounds like India is filling in time before the Ashes. We have been like a deer in headlights in their conditions. Maybe we'll be satisfied just beating India in the WTC final.....dunno. All I know we have go to India as unprepared as any side could be

We are preparing for the Ashes (and probably the WTC final) though with blokes going over to play County Cricket early.
Where do blokes play to prepare for India?

Hell, we don't even play a warm up game because they'd prepare a pitch akin to the Gabba

We literally played agar and Renshaw at the SCG in preparation for India (for all the good that did us - both are still bewildering selections at any time)

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What is a dry wucket? And why does spin spun left to right instead of like water round the toilet bowl?

Also (more seriously) what did we expect without a decent batsman who could handle leg and arm spin in a non T20/Big Bash environment?? It is almost as if the only technique Australian batsmen learn these days against any kind of spin, and especially wrist spin, is dramatic slogs to the boundary or block shots back down the crease.

Bring back the days of Bruce Laird and Geoff Marsh batting, plenty of time to get a cuppa or take a leak...

Love the love for Renshaw, plays a lazy cross bat block and out first ball so promote the turnip to open next test.

Back