Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 2nd Test 17-21 Feb, 1430hrs at Delhi

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta love the “if you take out his biggest score” brigade, yeah let’s just disregard the monster innings because they’re so bloody easy…

Most batsmen fail more often than they don’t, you can tell who has never played cricket the ones who think that a batsmen avging 40 means they make 40 every innings. If you want to take out the 200s you can take out about the 5 lowest scores too

Gotta love the “if you take out his biggest score” brigade, yeah let’s just disregard the monster innings because they’re so bloody easy…

Most batsmen fail more often than they don’t, you can tell who has never played cricket the ones who think that a batsmen avging 40 means they make 40 every innings. If you want to take out the 200s you can take out about the 5 lowest scores too

Most, some much better than Warner, would have the humility and dignity to retire or step aside when they are done, Warner has neither. Part of the NSW mafia.

Most would have the humility and dignity to retire or step aside, Warner has neither. Part of the NSW mafia.
Wasn’t referring to Warner, I want him gone too haha. It’s a bit different when it’s literally the one score over 46 in 25 innings or whatever it is now.

Just it gets brought up constantly in every conversation to discredit someone’s series (of 7-10 knocks max) by taking out the 200

Steve Smiths a odd character.

Heres an unpopular opinion. He wasnt always "odd" per se. Developed some idiosyncrasies, the media jumped on (look at him nervously move aroun the crease....oh heres a tiktok of him shadow batting at midnight).....he sees the attention, harnesses it and uses it to add to his legacy

Heres an unpopular opinion. He wasnt always "odd" per se. Developed some idiosyncrasies, the media jumped on (look at him nervously move aroun the crease....oh heres a tiktok of him shadow batting at midnight).....he sees the attention, harnesses it and uses it to add to his legacy
Strike me as the sort of bloke that if you got stuck next to him at a dinner party you'd be considering self harm before the main course was served.

Wasn’t referring to Warner, I want him gone too haha. It’s a bit different when it’s literally the one score over 46 in 25 innings or whatever it is now.

Just it gets brought up constantly in every conversation to discredit someone’s series (of 7-10 knocks max) by taking out the 200

Lol, so we’ll ignore one players 9 failures because he made runs in a 1 innings draw but we have to sack a bloke who made 200 just 3 tests ago?

Hypocrite

I dunno that video of him shadow batting in the hotel room was pretty odd. The way he acts and talks I strongly suspect he is on the spectrum. But good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno that video of him shadow batting in the hotel room was pretty odd. The way he acts and talks I strongly suspect he is on the spectrum. But good luck to him.
I imagine, and theorise, whenever there's a camera pointing at you, you act differently.

In what regard?

Just picking blokes like Warner who're past their Use by dates, unfit or unreliable like Hazlewood in the Last test vs SA @SCG. Our side is old and brittle, the same thing we mocked the Poms for. They now look dynamic. India are young and supple. We are being left in the dust.

Last edited:
Just picking blokes like Warner who're past their Use by dates, unfit or unreliable. Our side is old and brittle.
Warner aside, the rest are pretty good. All of our first choice bowlers would be walk up starts in almost every team.

Doesn’t mean I think they should be locked in.

Heres a question.

A recurring and perennial excuse/reason for not dropping a player is "they have runs on the board, they have taken x00 wickets", and they've earnt the right to another test/series.

Question is. How long does a player with history get?
If they’re in the “boys club”, as long as they want.

Warner aside, the rest are pretty good. All of our first choice bowlers would be walk up starts in almost every team.

Doesn’t mean I think they should be locked in.

Pretty good is not good enough against the Indians.

Lol, so we’ll ignore one players 9 failures because he made runs in a 1 innings draw but we have to sack a bloke who made 200 just 3 tests ago?

Hypocrite
Dude are you taking the piss or what, Ussie has nearly 1300 runs at over 70 since the start of last year. Warner has less than half that at an avg of 26 in the same time.

Ussie needs a score but in what world are these comparable lmao, we’re struggling to replace one opener and you’re wondering why the 2nd isn’t being spoken about?

My original point was taking out someone’s biggest score to ‘properly’ judge them is ******* stupid, and that goes for Warner too. The difference is you don’t need to take out Warners biggest score for his stats to look s**t

Dude are you taking the piss or what, Ussie has nearly 1300 runs at over 70 since the start of last year. Warner has less than half that at an avg of 26 in the same time.

Ussie needs a score but in what world are these comparable lmao, we’re struggling to replace one opener and you’re wondering why the 2nd isn’t being spoken about?

My original point was taking out someone’s biggest score to ‘properly’ judge them is ******* stupid, and that goes for Warner too. The difference is you don’t need to take out Warners biggest score for his stats to look s**t

He did well on pitches where 700 was below par and you could bat for 5 days and not get a single ball to move at all. Yet back home against very mediocre opposition he returned to form.

I’d be very happy to see Warner and Khawaja in the Ashes in England.

But both are 36 and Khawaja would be very lucky to get another SCG test to prolong his career.

Simple fact is Australia needs 2 new openers but all the talk is Davey and Ussie can keep failing all he likes.

The number of posters who have 0 clue on this board is disproportionately high. I honestly don’t know why I read it as it drowns out the good posters most of the time.

He did well on pitches where 700 was below par and you could bat for 5 days and not get a single ball to move at all. Yet back home against very mediocre opposition he returned to form.

I’d be very happy to see Warner and Khawaja in the Ashes in England.

But both are 36 and Khawaja would be very lucky to get another SCG test to prolong his career.

Simple fact is Australia needs 2 new openers but all the talk is Davey and Ussie can keep failing all he likes.

Khawaja is only one good Warner score away from being out of the team in my opinion. Either way I don't think he will make it through the Ashes tour.

Back