News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense for both clubs to do something along these lines, I'm sure the Saints would prefer to cough up the extra $50-100k in salary than have to trade a draft pick or 2.
And we make up that salary lost on a player like dunstan who will be serviceable for you guys while you rebuild. You need all the top end draft capital you can get

Tom Boyd, Jonathon Patton, Paddy McCartin - yikes!

Said all along that Saints were the most likely. Good chance now that they'll stump up the $ and years to avoid a trade

Brad will have a snorting good time at Morabbin

Tom Boyd....not many WB supporters would be complaining after his 2016 finals/GF should’ve won the Norm

And we make up that salary lost on a player like dunstan who will be serviceable for you guys while you rebuild. You need all the top end draft capital you can get

Offer Brad enough to get us Band 1 and I’d even take on Hanners inflated salary, hell he can go work in Crowmania for all I care.

Was the smartest team to go.to because they are building. I'm happy for him he picked a new up and coming side than the boring Geelong. Cameron is going to waste what's left of his career at that team. Poor decision by Cameron and dumb list management by Geelong.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
5 year deal was the bigger deal for him I think. He had no interest in trying to find another deal as a 30 year old.

It's great how many people have just assumed we'll get pick 2. I'm sure that won't backfire and lead to disappointment or anything
100% we do not get pick #2, most likely because the AFL would not like the optics of the bottom side having the first two picks in the draft unless they are an expansion, and it would bring FA into question again. There's also the ambiguous, does-it-or-does-it-not-exist 'ins/outs' policy that the AFL applies in which they take into account what you get and give during the trade period.

However, when you factor in that we will likely bid on JUH and have that matched, we don't really get to choose the best young player in the land with Pick #1, so Band 1 would mean we end up with #2 and #3, which is less of a boon than #1 and #2. Hopefully the club are proactive in providing this clarity to the AFL before compo picks are announced.

Offer Brad enough to get us Band 1 and I’d even take on Hanners inflated salary, hell he can go work in Crowmania for all I care.
I don’t think Adelaide has anything to worry about the afl has a history of bending the rules for clubs that need the help. Melbourne got band 1 for Frawley if you remember

Not sure tbh - I guess they haven't "officially" not matched, but would only do so if the compensation shafts us (though frick knows how all this plays out)
From SEN article - if true, sounds like AFC might get advice from FL house what the compo would be.

The Crows will now wait to learn what St Kilda’s contract offer triggers when it comes to free agency compensation. ... [SEN]

So now we wait.....
tense-faces-gif.553849

It's great how many people have just assumed we'll get pick 2. I'm sure that won't backfire and lead to disappointment or anything
I know, how can anyone think the AFL will allow us a bit of goodwill

If I'm Fagan I'm getting out in the press and lobbying the AFL for Band 1, saying how important it is to have a strong Adelaide team

Fox Sports saying

Considering the terms of the long-term deal, which is understood to be around $650,000 to $700,000 per season, the Crows could be compensated with a draft pick that lands immediately after its natural first-round selection — which would be Pick 2.

I'd say we're a 70% chance of getting pick 2.

Do we even have the cap space to match? It's been reported a few times that our salary cap is pretty much maxed out.
we would have put aside a fair chunk for brad - maybe not as much as he is now getting but we are no longer paying for Betts and Jenkins like we did this year. No doubt we could structure up to match

With list sizes reducing we don't want your spuds.

Keep them.

You don't have that many good players so you really should have the salary cap space without having to offload anyone.

Fox Sports saying

Considering the terms of the long-term deal, which is understood to be around $650,000 to $700,000 per season, the Crows could be compensated with a draft pick that lands immediately after its natural first-round selection — which would be Pick 2.

I'd say we're a 70% chance of getting pick 2.

Well then fox news are muppets who don't understand the system. $650k/year across 4 years is not going to be enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think Adelaide has anything to worry about the afl has a history of bending the rules for clubs that need the help. Melbourne got band 1 for Frawley if you remember

1)Melbourne are in.. Melbourne. Different set of rules
2)The AFL changed the rules after Frawley in large part because of Frawley.

Can’t wait for all the flog articles “it’s my understanding st Kildas offer won’t be enough for band 1 compo”.

And “if the crows get pick 2 for crouch then the system really needs to be looked at”.
'Is this how Free Agency is meant to work'
'IF - the Crows get pick #2 for Brad Crouch.

THEN - surely the system needs to be looked at to make it more equitable for the smaller Vic clubs who must be at a disadvantage with not having any players who other teams want. Perhaps St. Kilda should get the player and the pick?'

So, we know so far he has picked the Saints, the deal is a 5 year deal. Am i right in saying (what i have heard) if the $$ are 700K or more we should get a compo pick after our first round pick (pick 2) or if it is less that 700K we will get a pick mid 1st round/end of 1st round?
I really cant see the Saints paying 700K? surely not, i hope they do but i cant see it. Not after his nose beer event with Stengle.

Sad to see us lose our best midfielder, but understand the club's reasoning if we land pick 2... otherwise not a great move by us.

Glad Brouch is going elsewhere than Port, Cats or Tigers... & to a team that may threaten for a flag next year.

Wish him best of luck, including a good run without injuries.

LOL

Now Hunter Clark might interest us as we can offer him midfield minutes, something he's not getting enough of at your mob. Being wasted playing across half back.

Sad to see us lose our best midfielder, but understand the club's reasoning if we land pick 2... otherwise not a great move by us.

Glad Brouch is going elsewhere than Port, Cats or Tigers... & to a team that may threaten for a flag next year.

Wish him best of luck, including a good run without injuries.
Agree with this, it is sad to see our best midfielder leave so we have to make sure to replace him at the draft. Always given 100% and we’ve been a better side because of him. Good luck Brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back