Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All the huff and puff on here is pretty funny when neither club has said much.

Deal was likely always fine and I'm sure both clubs had a reasonable idea of where Ben King was at. Definitely get trade radio more clicks/listens to talk up eveil Belly and how Lethlean and co walked after spitting in his coffee blah blah blah.

Both clubs have likely been on a similar page since the get go

Just thinking of Geelong with Hill in the side it has potential, could make it an intersting team to face. But Hill would have to take a pay cut and I'd say pay is a major reason for wanting to leave anyway.
Seriously st Kilda 900k was to much.

I think everyone would be pretty happy with that.

For us it could mean Hill, Howard, Jones and Ryder for 6 and next year's first.
Agreed, i thought you could get it done using a future 2nd instead of a future 1st but clubs seem to be taking a strong stand on contracted players - having to pay more and more.

For what its worth, Bruce is 100% worth a pick around 20 and there is no way you let the Dogs get away with bringing in two players they really need (Bruce/Keath) while keeping 13 and not diving into next year.

I think you'll get them to break that 13 up

Can we just tell St Kilda to get stuffed and go trade with Geelong instead. I'd much rather picks 14 & 24 with Menegola over 12 and next year's first.
Are you mad?? We were offering pick 6 and Bell wasn't interested do why would he take an inferior offer than what Saints offered in the first place.

Future 1st with 12 and something decent back

If it were me that 'something decent' back would be pick 12.

I have my fingers and toes crossed my club aren't so dumb and we walk over to either of the adelaide teams and instead offer 12 and 2021 first straight up for any of the crouch brothers or wines.
No takers, we go to the draft.

Brad would then be free to enjoy his 'AA calibre' award which bigfooty has bestowed upon him in WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have my fingers and toes crossed my club aren't so dumb and we walk over to either of the adelaide teams and instead offer 12 and 2021 first straight up for any of the crouch brothers or wines.

Brad would then be free to enjoy his 'AA calibre' award which bigfooty has bestowed upon him in WA.

And the best thing about that plan is that without Hill your first round next year will definitely be in the top 5.

And the best thing about that plan is that without Hill your first round next year will definitely be in the top 5.

You haven't seen us play in at least 3 years if you seriously think we are one brad hill away from hauling ourselves out of the bottom 5.
Any of the following players would however singlehandedly have that effect on our current team:
Wines
Either Crouch
A fit jack steven

Hey, I agree, including the future 1st would be an incredible win for us, I'm just surprised there are Saints supporters on here ok with it. Will be a question of how badly they want Hill

Yeh its weird that all of a sudden we are gonna 'Lose' this trade and have to trade way over the top to get him. At the end of the day instead of pick 6 and next years first getting us Hill (because Bell wasn't going to accept less), it now looks like it'll get us Hill, Howard, Ryder and potentially Jones. Add those guys and our side looks a whole lot better.

And if that's the case then good for St Kilda:thumbsu:

Either way...you won't lose or win. It will either be a good decision or poor decision re the player(s) chosen (the cost not so much)

It's a real pity that so many think trades and draft picks are all about winning or losing..who won this trade, who won the draft...a very subjective thing given very few know the inner workings of the club, its player management and list management among other things.

Inevitably when such mindsets prevail in here it becomes a brawl with insults and posturing.

We can be better than that with mutual good will and respect...and let the club powers that-be get on with their jobs.

Imop it does not matter what you offer Freo for Hill...if you get him you will get a continuing champion for the rest of his playing days.

Pick 12 AND a likely top 5 pick for hill would utterly bonkers.

Is he bringing fyfe* with him is he?
I'm having de-ja-vu here. You traded the pick (6) that you were informed must be part of the deal. Now a future, unknown pick is bonkers. You guys are seriously lacking A-graders, consistently failing to attract top end players to the club, and when you do you appear to have one on the line you are incapable of getting a deal done.

* Saints were certain they had Fyfe years ago when their run of failures to recruit A-graders began eh. Bing!

So I thought Saints would be able to effectively trade out of this years draft and lose a 2nd next year but they may be able to keep a 2nd this year and next while losing next years first. Losing next years first therefore isnt as big a deal for them as i thought

Without agreeing with your comment about your club being dumb, they certainly don't seem capable of concluding deals, so I am not sure how just suggesting more and more deals you could get done is a realistic alternative.

So I thought Saints would be able to effectively trade out of this years draft and lose a 2nd next year but they may be able to keep a 2nd this year and next while losing next years first. Losing next years first therefore isnt as big a deal for them as i thought
Considering next years draft is meant to be very compromised I'd prefer that.

Back