Traded Brandon Matera [traded to Fremantle]

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Flogdorn, Matera has told team mates at a social gathering before they split for holidays that he's heading home to Fremantle...

Would make sense. They have been chasing him for a couple of months now. Guessing Suns might chase a fringe Dockers player in return instead of a pick.

Fringe for a fringe and both clubs hope they deliver on their potential?

Would make sense. They have been chasing him for a couple of months now. Guessing Suns might chase a fringe Dockers player in return instead of a pick.

Someone floated on our board that Cam Sutcliffe may be involved in the deal

We only have 35 fringe players to choose from.

Prob 5 decent players. 5 spuds and a whole bunch of 'fringe'.

Sutcliffe rumoured. Sheridan would be another or you can go top shelf 'fringe' and pick up a Suban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are not going to offer him a deal clubs will just wait until you delist him so they can take him as a DFA. You will at least offer him a 1 year deal so you can try to get something in a trade.
If I was he suns board, I would give him a 1 year dal until 2018. that would be his 8th year, thus making him a Free agent. Colin Syliva went to freo on a year deal at $400,000 a year and Demons got pick 28 out of that. Again... Suns should hol on to him for one more year If I was them. I am still annoyed that we let a injury prone Zac Clarke get delisted and 5 teams come out of the wood work to tink of getting him on the cheap.

And you feel you got value for 63? Kersten has been a mess IMO

GO Catters
Damn right freo got some value out of Shane Kersten. 24 goals from 20 games isn't too good but way better than nothing. He is way better than Colin Sylvia and Jack Anthony.

$450k under the new salary cap isn't too crazy. Pre salary cap bump the average AFL wage was $350k, will be in excess of $400k starting next year. It's slightly above average, nothing to melt down over. I'd be pretty happy if we offered him $400k so I'm not going to lose my s**t if we offer him 450

Also it's Hagdorn.....
Hagdorn is a scumbag. Still, If freotrade a 3rd or 4th rounder out for him then that's good. Suns should persuade him to stay one more year.

Does anyone know why Matera prefers the Dockers? I've also heard that the great Peter Matera said that he would rather his kids were drafted to a VIC team than go to West Coast. Was there some bad blood between him and West Coast that no one knows about?

Does anyone know why Matera prefers the Dockers? I've also heard that the great Peter Matera said that he would rather his kids were drafted to a VIC team than go to West Coast. Was there some bad blood between him and West Coast that no one knows about?

Freo offered him more money and better fit according to his old man.

Eagles had no interest in him..It's a two way thing

Bit like when Ballentyne was desperate to play for WC and the Eagles just laughed and laughed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back