Recommitted Brayden Maynard [contracted and staying at Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight swap for Jake Kelly, everyone walks away happy

Sam Edmund just said on SEN’s Trade Bell segment that “Melbourne and a number of other clubs have enquired about Brayden Maynard” … “He’s refused to sign an extension at Collingwood until he knows who the new coach is going to be, which other clubs are smelling as blood in the water” … “They reckon he’s gettable”.

Last edited:
Brayden Maynard for Adelaide Pick 4 would be a fair deal for both parties.

Sam Edmund just said on SEN’s Trade Bell segment that “Melbourne and a number of other clubs have enquired about Brayden Maynard” … “He’s refused to sign an extension at Collingwood until he knows who the new coach is going to be, which other clubs are smelling as blood in the water” … “They reckon he’s gettable”.

Did you also miss the bit where he said he thinks he’ll stay?

If you are willing to take the rest of opinion on board surely you’re willing to also do the same with that tidbit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard is worth a pick in the 11 - 20 range. You’re not getting a top 5 pick for a back pocket/flanker.

Saad at Carlton this year has also shown that top 10 picks for anything less than a prime mover or KPP is way too risky.

Last edited:
Can also see Richmond going hard for Maynard given they just cut Houli, Astbury retired and they have a suite of early draft picks to deal with.

Maynard is worth a pick in the 11 - 20 range. You’re not getting a top 5 pick for a back pocket/flanker.

Saad at Carlton this year has also shown that top 10 picks for anything less than a prime mover or KPP is way too risky.
This shows that you rarely watch Maynard play.

He even matched up against Jack Riewoldt earlier this year and kept him to 1 goal. He is able to play against any opponent except for super tall KPF/2nd rucks.

Can also see Richmond going hard for Maynard given they just cut Houli, Astbury retired and they have a suite of early draft picks to deal with.
Probably not, As far as im aware the club really rate Rioli, Stack and Mansell and are confident that both Stack and Rioli will sign on.

Did you also miss the bit where he said he thinks he’ll stay?

If you are willing to take the rest of opinion on board surely you’re willing to also do the same with that tidbit.

He didn’t say that he thinks he’ll stay. Nothing like it.

Love Brayden but if he wants to chase coin I’d rather he do it at another club. He’s certainly not a midfielder by the way, and if he stinks playing there will increase his worth he’s having a laugh.

Sounds like Howe when he went to Collingwood to play as a forward

Maynard, who is contracted for 2022, has been linked with the Adelaide Crows while Cox is without a contract for next year.

Brayden Maynard

“Brayden and his management have shown no signs of him wanting to go anywhere,” Wright told Sportsday.

“I spoke to his manager a couple of days ago and there’s no sign of that.

“From our perspective, I think he’s really entrenched at the club, he’s a leader of the club, he’s contracted.

“You’ll always hear speculation about certain players along the way, and sometimes where there’s smoke there’s fire, but I don’t think there is in this case.”

Kelly and a second or third rounder, Pies get something before he walks next year.

Deal with it...

If I am Collingwood, I would take my chances of him walking for nothing next year if that is the Crows best offer

Anyone else see this? Seems certain it’s happening. Would love this player at the Dees with Hibberd nearing the end.

Won’t happen, he’ll want a commitment from the next coach to play midfield. He’ll get it and especially since our midfield is so inept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back