Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we wearing it in finals like the club wanted?
That was troll level bullshit made up by Crowie types to derail and divide.

Did Matthew Richardson have anything to say about the bars on SEN this morning?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Not much, just that the club never asked for them in finals as their strategy is for showdowns and this wouldn't have been in line with that.

Did Matthew Richardson have anything to say about the bars on SEN this morning?

Richo played the straight bat on everything, including the CEO question. Did it professionally, no ums, ahs or dead air.

We should wear it against Richmond.....we have more history wearing it against them than the minnows down the road.

19 September 1990 a few weeks after the SANFL, Glenelg, Norwood and others got the court injunction stopping Port talking to AFL and their club officials, the 14 clubs voted 13-1 to stop dealing with Port and give the AFL Commission the power to do a deal with the SANFL to give them the licence.

The one club that voted to stay with Port was Richmond. Cameron Schwab was CEO of Richmond and no doubt his old man Alan who was executive at the AFL and started the conversation with Port in early July 1990 to join up, influenced his son and his old club. Had a soft spot for Richmond before that, Maurice Rioli, Francis Bourke, Dale Weightman etc, but has continued ever since that vote. Hardwick and them smashing the crows in the 2017 GF makes it hard not to like them. Plus smashing them wearing the PB's in 2014 EF was enjoyable and they didn't whinge about us wearing it.

Last edited:
Nope, Richo is exactly the same. Has come a long way since his days as Magpie CEO but he ums and ahs as much as anyone.

I don't think they are as much as KT. KT tends to use them in the middle of sentence and when he is trying to not be too controversial or explain a difficult issue. I quoted his interview last year about the PB's and put in all the umhs and arghs. There were lots. It made him seem constipated in his thoughts. See this post on page 147 of this thread.

Richo tends to use an umh or an argu at the start of his sentence as a reflect action - bit like sports people starting their answer to a question with a yeah / nah.

There were plenty in the SEN interview. I heard the interview on the radio and then went and relistened after LR's post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think they are as much as KT. KT tends to use them in the middle of sentence and when he is trying to not be too controversial or explain a difficult issue. I quoted his interview last year about the PB's and put in all the umhs and arghs. There were lots. It made him seem constipated in his thoughts. See this post on page 147 of this thread.

Richo tends to use an umh or an argu at the start of his sentence as a reflect action - bit like sports people starting their answer to a question with a yeah / nah.

There were plenty in the SEN interview. I heard the interview on the radio and then went and relistened after LR's post.
I think its more of a confidence thing with Richo, whereas KT talks like a politician, trying to say all the right things.

The Crows won’t want us wearing them in their home Showdown, becomes more about us then. I’m sure Fagan would tell the AFL a firm no, which gives the AFL an easy out to say 1 game a year for our home showdown.

Why do we have to pitch for that really, the AFL should grow some balls and just say that’s fine, dont worry about pitching and wasting your resources, it’s approved. Instead it’s all about Ed....

The Crows won’t want us wearing them in their home Showdown, becomes more about us then. I’m sure Fagan would tell the AFL a firm no, which gives the AFL an easy out to say 1 game a year for our home showdown.

Why do we have to pitch for that really, the AFL should grow some balls and just say that’s fine, dont worry about pitching and wasting your resources, it’s approved. Instead it’s all about Ed....

Maybe the club is going to pitch it as "twice a year every year, against the Crows both times" to start with.

Then if the AFL say the Cows don't want to participate in their home Showdown, we tell them our fallback position is two "home" games of our choice - one being our home Showdown, the other of our choosing.

Bruce Weber's son in-law in New Jersey looks good in the bars.

From PrisonBars' Bruce Weber series

WEBER SERIES
30 – Next stages in life
Jodie living in New Jersey in the USA today – recalls her life journey since Bruce passed away;
Photo: Jodie’s husband Terrance Wright, looking like he could hold down Centre Half Forward in the Prison Bars for Port Adelaide. A devout Port fan he sets the alarm clock to ensure they don’t miss a game!!

1601279081114.png

Bruce Weber's son in-law in New Jersey looks good in the bars.

From PrisonBars' Bruce Weber series

WEBER SERIES
30 – Next stages in life
Jodie living in New Jersey in the USA today – recalls her life journey since Bruce passed away;
Photo: Jodie’s husband Terrance Wright, looking like he could hold down Centre Half Forward in the Prison Bars for Port Adelaide. A devout Port fan he sets the alarm clock to ensure they don’t miss a game!!

View attachment 972588
solid unit!

Jesus Christ, Choco.

The answer should have been "Yes, we should wear them in the Showdowns, but I also think it's important to build on our AFL identity with the current guernsey." which is still exactly what you were saying.

That "No. Nuh." sound bite will now get used against the campaign to wear them even in Showdowns, you twit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back