Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just dont understand what the club has to gain by being so soft on this issue? Are we still THAT dependant on the AFL to prop up our finances? It's not as if they got us our major sponsors, or that we have an abundance of nationally televised games as an excuse to keep kissing Gill and Eddie's arses. Or is it because they don't want to offside the league when they're still trying to make hay in China?

I just don't understand that motive of being soft on this. To be soft and ambivalent on the prison bars is the very antithesis of what it means to be Port Adelaide.

Rucci has an article on the Port website about Port's ongoing battle with Collingwood over the guernsey and includes footage of the Port v Collingwood trial game in 1993 where both teams wore their own guernsey. Easy to tell apart, especially with different shorts and Port in the hoop socks.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/585937/saturday-with-rucci-the-black-and-white-debate

i have the full game if anyone is keen for a copy let me know and i'll make it available for download for those keen :)

There is a chance that in 2020 there could be zero presence of the Prison Bars and it would be the clubs choice.

The twitter thread where Richo asked if supporters wanted to wear the bars was absolutely comprehensive. Wear them at all costs, almost unanimously. If we choose not to wear them now, there needs to be some serious heat on the club. Wear them now, and then wear them again later. If the AFL is telling us we're not allowed to do that, then we need to be open with that so some heat can be directed toward the AFL.

What a piss weak move.
If this club administration chooses to not wear the PB guernsey at all, at any level, in 2020, our 150th year, then I'm done.

Just wear it and then push to wear it again.
If there is kick back the next time, tell the world about it.
That's the point we need to get to so we can get this thing resolved, one way or the other.
Living in this netherworld of "we might be able to ask for permission to consider wearing it on a Wednesday training session sometime in the next decade" has worn very thin.

It's crunch time you cruntknuckles.
It's your time to go, so just ******* go.

I have pledged all my membership fees from this year, if they decide to not wear the Bars I will be demanding that money back.

I will also strongly encourage others who believe in this cause to do so!

& this is exactly why relying on those currently in charge to do a damn thing about bringing back the prison bars on any sort of regular basis is futile. Either they are simply anti them or have the resolve of a wet lettuce leaf. Need to go around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they are hiding behind "feels not right without fans" to get through this little patch, always a step ahead of the people

How can wearing our heart and soul guernsey EVER not feel right!

This whole situation is ******* stupid. It's like this jumper being worn more than once is going to make the earth implode or something.
Lets be honest, If Ports Prison bar guernsey was blue and white instead of black and white we would have been wearing it in the AFL in 1997

North Melbourne arent Collingwood/Eddie and dont have the same pull with the AFL

The fact that there are multiple professional sporting teams in multiple competitions ALL over the world who are that share colours yet Collingwood supposedly own black and white really is beyond any kind of rational logic

It really beggars belief and i cant believe our current administration are so ******* weak that they just bend over and say "put it in me without lube"

That IS NOT Port Adelaide

Lets be honest, If Ports Prison bar guernsey was blue and white instead of black and white we would have been wearing it in the AFL in 1997

North Melbourne arent Collingwood/Eddie and dont have the same pull with the AFL

The fact that there are multiple professional sporting teams in multiple competitions ALL over the world who are that share colours yet Collingwood supposedly own black and white really is beyond any kind of rational logic

It really beggars belief and i cant believe our current administration are so ******* weak that they just bend over and say "put it in me without lube"

That IS NOT Port Adelaide
We have a blue and white hooped jumper and Geelong pretty much said "We don't care, do what you want".

That's not a dislike to you OGC but to Richo's tweet.

We have to get it thru to Richo, KT, Cardone, Koch etc is that ;

* the default position is wear the bars in Rd 2 as scheduled - people have to rally hard not to wear them in the showdown, not the other way round, and

* we backed you, you now back us, and go and fight to wear them again in 2020 when crowds come back if they ever come back in 2020. Don't assume they will.

If they gave a s**t, this should have morphed into one of those situations you see with the indigenous guernseys- wear it on the SDN round, and then again at home 'for the fans'.

Clearly though they aren't willing to fight the fight, and instead look for a backdoor escape clause every time. Mother*ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back