Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's supposedly the day with the most pleasant weather.
I wonder what republicans think of QB holiday? Do they enjoy the day off or refuse to celebrate it?
We take the day off.
Because most of us are the workers and not entitled born to rule sycophants. The worker takes what crumbs he can get.

It’ll be all right in the long run.
People will complain at first when he plays a couple of good games and possibly jags a premiership. But in a couple of years they will forget that it was moving him on now that allowed to us retain the likes of Daicos and land the next big fish.

I'm optimistic even when there are no grounds for optimism. We have grounds for optimism, and you are all gloom and doom. The loss of Grundy? He had no influence on our season so how is that going to impact any more next year than it did in 2022? Everything went well for us? Losing our two finals by a kick in the last minute and a point with the pill deep in our forward line was hardly an example of everything going well for us. Our young guns will have another summer under their belts. I think Harvey Harrison, JC and Mcinnes will all benefit from a big summer and add real depth to our squad. Charlie Dean, McStay and Frampton add much needed depth in the key position area (particularly defense if required) and Krueger will be like a new recruit. Mitchell and Bobby Hill bring class and experience.

Our coach is the best in the business. He now has a far better grasp of what our squad is capable of as well as the individual abilities and flaws of the players at his disposal. The boys will enter the summer training full of confidence and excited after such a memorable year. The crowds were huge and passionate as the year progressed and the club is in great shape on and off the field.

The media have written us off once again and that is another bonus. The Blues, Tigers and Dees are the names on everyone's lips. Bring it on. Their smug expectations will be shattered once again by the lucky pies.

i don’t think I’m doom and gloom. I’m making a realistic assessment. I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don’t think I’m doom and gloom. I’m making a realistic assessment. I think.
Really? Seems to me just about everything you post is doom and gloom, critical of the club's decisions in some way or warning about the horrors coming our way. When I get more time and sufficient motivation, I might review your posting history in detail and see if my impression is borne out.

They had the 2019 Prelim on Fox Footy last night. Watched the last quarter and Grundy was immense. He gets criticised for being "beaten" by Mumford, but he really just had a couple of moments late in the game. And this was after Grundy had rucked the last quarter pretty much solo while Mummy spent an eternity on the bench resting up.

I don't think he ever hit that level again, but it was incredible to watch. Wish him well at the Dees.

They had the 2019 Prelim on Fox Footy last night. Watched the last quarter and Grundy was immense. He gets criticised for being "beaten" by Mumford, but he really just had a couple of moments late in the game. And this was after Grundy had rucked the last quarter pretty much solo while Mummy spent an eternity on the bench resting up.

I don't think he ever hit that level again, but it was incredible to watch. Wish him well at the Dees.
When you say "he" had moments - is he still Grundy or have you switched he to Mumford?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I don't think he ever hit that level again,
but it was incredible to watch. Wish him well at the Dees.
I think that was the game where we misinterpreted Grundy's value. He had 73 hitouts to Mumford's 14, which looks amazing. Except that we lost the clearances 35-54, 10 of which were Grundy's own clearances. So even if all of Mumford's taps resulted in a GWS clearance (they didn't), they still had 40 clearances most of which came from Grundy's "dominance".

Fast forward to this year's PF. Cameron and Cox (in 3/4) had 14 and 18 hitouts. Hickey 27. Yet our arguably weaker than 2019 midfield won the clearances 47-44.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back