Mega Thread Buddy Franklin moves to Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely nuts. I am more than happy to have seen Buddy in the red and white and would trade nothing for it. I will be talking about seeing Buddy playing for the Swans long after I have stopped talking about the 2005 premiership.

Buddy is a once in a lifetime player. There has been no player in the history of the game like Buddy and it has been a pleasure watching him play for us and kick amazing goal after amazing goal. With any luck he will reach 1000 goals as well (which admittedly is harder now the 2020 season doesn't look like it is happening) and if he does kick 1000 goals then his 1000th goal will be seen constantly for decades to come, and in that highlight, he will be wearing red and white.
I have this vague memory that the poster you're responding to has this weird obsession with telling Swans fans that the Buddy deal was a disaster for us.

Clearly never got over Bud leaving the Hawks.

A lot of Hawks posters are far more mature and magnanimous, and united with Swans fans in just loving what the man has done regardless of the colour of the jersey.

With this enforced break, Buddoir will be fine to make his return when footy recommences.

Depending on how he goes, I expect he will ask for a contract extension.

A 33 year old with 3 years left on his contract wanting an extension:D

Think the spudmaster the Hawks poster that resurrected this thread has Coronavirus, just talking so much sh*t that he'll need all off his stockpiled dunny rolls.

Has been a fantastic recruit for the Swans, not only for what he's contributed in games but also his off field contribution to player development and he is of course a Marketing Departments dream.

As for the Melbourne poster about Bud's fitness, best you concentrate on what's not happening at the Dees (as in getting better). In preseason Buddy was as fit as he's ever been here, a minor knee clean up and back in full training before the tragic delay to the season. Will be cherry ripe for Round 2 when that finally comes around!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Bud in your side 2016 is yours..

We wouldn’t of made finals in 2016.

With Bud in our side we wouldn’t of gotten Mummy and Shaw. Which is what we actually needed squadwise.
And we would of lost Jezza Kelly and Cogs at a minimum.

So as I said he was the right fit for the Swans just not for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's on &1.5 million this year. I don't know if he represents great value for the money.
$1.3m last year, $1.4m this year, $1.5m next year and then $1m in 9th and final year of his deal.

AFL said they will make Sydney include his pay in the cap even if he finishes up early.

Surely if he has said i've had enough, he gets paid up to his resignation date and the rest that was in the contract post resigniation date that doesn't get paid out in cash is ignored for any salary cap calculation.

and if he does kick 1000 goals then his 1000th goal will be seen constantly for decades to come, and in that highlight, he will be wearing red and white.

Sure.... just like everyone remembers Dunstall and Locket’s 1000th goals 😂

Bud’s most famous goals are Hawthorn goals. He has been incredible for a long time.

Nothing he’s done has topped 2008 though, or the goals he kicked prior to 2014.

He’s a footnote to our greats Hawks three peat team since leaving. He’ll be remembered as much for that as anything he did in the $ colors.

sad but true.

if he retired tomorrow he would be more a hawk than a swan

though depends where the player drifts back too, plugger feels more like a swan despite the shorter career, seems to support us

buddy playing in flags at hawthorn and id agree his best year was 2008 makes it more a hawk probablh

but he will be remembered for the deal mostly and wether it was worth it or not

cant see him coaching anywhere

Once contracts are redone we will benefit most.
The whole AFL is in survival mode.
Salary Caps will be wiped clean & all clubs will start again with lists slashed.
It will be the only way the whole competition will survive so in no way will Buddy be impacted our salary cap.
No club will have any player on big money have an impact on their cap.

Things have changed folks.

Once contracts are redone we will benefit most.
The whole AFL is in survival mode.
Salary Caps will be wiped clean & all clubs will start again with lists slashed.
It will be the only way the whole competition will survive so in no way will Buddy be impacted our salary cap.
No club will have any player on big money have an impact on their cap.

Things have changed folks.

So we're getting Joe D for the price of a rookie?

Go Swans!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back