Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Pies by a bit

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Pies by a heap

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know some North fans are upset that the media don't mention their injuries as much as the dogs, but there's a simple reason for it. One side has still managed to win games with their outs, whilst the other has won 3 out of 10 since injury hit. Team loses because injuries have exposed their poor depth isn't the most riveting story. Either that, or its part of the league wide vendetta against North Melbourne.

Tbh i don't really care about the media, they are kneejerk bandwagoners.
They are almost like a parody of themselves, Bulldogs are brave/undermanned Hawks.

Our lists are set up differently, we have a lot of key players that mess up our structures without.
We have lost Ben Brown our leading goalscorer and Scott Thompson for the Hawks game today.
Brutal draw in the 2nd half hasn't helped either, we did nearly beat Hawthorn with the youngest side we have field in a long time.
Came up short and lost by 9 pts.

If you lost Stringer and/or Bont you would really struggle.

The Bulldogs are the AFL's lovable loser.

So any victory, regardless of how insignificant, is an easy "against the odds" story for the AFL press.

It's been that way for 50 years.

???

So that means you must NEVER dispose of the ball towards the boundary. Doesn't matter if you have two or three teammates between you and the line because for various reasons (bad bounce, skill error, gust of wind) the ball is in some danger of going out. And as you say, your number one priority above all else (IE do everything) is to keep the ball in play.

I'm sorry, but you need to find a dictionary and have a gander at the definition of 'deliberate'

It's been paid that way all year, you can't send the ball directly to the boundary line without a teammate touching the ball in between.

FREE KICKS – RELATING TO OUT OF BOUNDS 15.6.1
When Awarded
A Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player who:

(c) intentionally Kicks, Handballs or forces the football over the Boundary Line without the football being touched by another Player;

It's actually on Bont, who needed to at least make contact with the ball rather than letting it go over the line. (On second thought it isn't on Bont because it went nowhere near him. Deliberate every day of the week)

Last edited:
The Bulldogs are the AFL's lovable loser.

So any victory, regardless of how insignificant, is an easy "against the odds" story for the AFL press.

It's been that way for 50 years.

Your entire schtick is bizarre given you are a saints supporter

It's been paid that way all year, you can't send the ball directly to the boundary line without a teammate touching the ball in between.

It's actually on Bont, who needed to at least make contact with the ball rather than letting it go over the line.

Can we just agree that first quarter one where marsh walked it over the line under no pressure was worse?

Schtick?

It's not me reporting on the Bulldogs like we're watching the Special Olympics.

Every league needs a lovable loser & the Bulldogs play the part so well.

Schtick?

It's not me reporting on the Bulldogs like we're watching the Special Olympics.

Every league needs a lovable loser & the Bulldogs play the part so well.

So St.kilda aren't loveable losers?

Surely the wooden spoon makers love them.

Saints more like that creepy loner at school who acts weird around the girls :D

Tbh i don't really care about the media, they are kneejerk bandwagoners.
They are almost like a parody of themselves, Bulldogs are brave/undermanned Hawks.

Our lists are set up differently, we have a lot of key players that mess up our structures without.
We have lost Ben Brown our leading goalscorer and Scott Thompson for the Hawks game today.
Brutal draw in the 2nd half hasn't helped either, we did nearly beat Hawthorn with the youngest side we have field in a long time.
Came up short and lost by 9 pts.

If you lost Stringer and/or Bont you would really struggle.

This is the sound of a team crashing down the ladder. And aernt they taking it like champs.

#lolnorf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What role do St kilda play?
They play the role of the jilted pissant minnow of the competition that have some misguided belief that they are entitled to a higher station. North are the same, but with an even bigger paranoid persecution complex. Dogs are also pissant minnows but we know it and we enjoy and appreciate whatever good comes our way.

I find it utterly bizarre (and fascinating in a perverse way) that Dogs game day threads are hijacked every week by this motley collection of pissant minnow supporters who want to s**t on any miniscule crumbs that a fellow pissant minnow team can muster up - psychologists would have an absolute field day navigating the tortured minds of these supporters.

Melbourne are also a pissant minnow but their supporters don't often engage in this weird game of the 50kg weakling beating up on the 49kg weakling. And all the other bigger Vic clubs by and large concentrate on their own team, as a normal supporter who is not unhinged would.

Dogs are also pissant minnows but we know it and we enjoy and appreciate whatever good comes our way.
Like I said, lovable losers.

I find it utterly bizarre (and fascinating in a perverse way) that Dogs game day threads . . .
And here we again go with the Western Oval persecution complex.

Every game day thread on this board has opposition supporters taking pot shots. Saints game day threads, if we're losing, have more than there fair share of Bulldog supporters. What does your psychologist say about that?

I would like to apologise for what I posted in here last night. I made statements that weren't accurate and I hope Dogs fans can find it within themselves to forgive me.
Specifically, I said the Dogs scraped home against a bottom 6 team. What I meant to say was, they scraped home against a bottom 7 team.

I would like to apologise for what I posted in here last night. I made statements that weren't accurate and I hope Dogs fans can find it within themselves to forgive me.
Specifically, I said the Dogs scraped home against a bottom 6 team. What I meant to say was, they scraped home against a bottom 7 team.
That makes it two weeks in a row

Stevie j is selfish but he actually passes the ball to his team mates. And he's good. Stringer is a selfish wannabe who never passes the ball. He's s**t.
Love it how he is a promising 21 year old that was all Australian last year that's s**t, i guess you don't and wouldn't want him in Geelong.

Every game day thread on this board has opposition supporters taking pot shots. Saints game day threads, if we're losing, have more than there fair share of Bulldog supporters. What does your psychologist say about that?
I rarely venture into other game day threads so don't really know or care what goes on in them. My observations are on Dogs game day threads, which are liberally and consistently sprinkled with horse-s**t from fellow Moorabbin and Arden St pissants. Why on earth would you bother unless you feel a desperate need to make yourself and your pissant team feel better about yourselves? It's truly a bizarre phenomenon almost exclusively restricted en masse to Saints and North supporters about the Dogs.

I'm quite comfortable with the acceptance that we are a competition minnow and most likely always will be. I'm excited by the possibilities of the current crop in the next few years and thoroughly enjoy good seasons such as this one.

You didn't look too far ahead a few weeks ago with most of those outs playing.

The Bulldogs are one team that never worry me. They win the insignificant games but choke when there's something on the line. Bravely of course.

Wow to think a Saints fan said this about another team:oops::D;)

It's actually on Bont, who needed to at least make contact with the ball rather than letting it go over the line. (On second thought it isn't on Bont because it went nowhere near him. Deliberate every day of the week)

Quote the wording of the rule and then completely ignore the most pertinent aspect - "intentionally"

What I will concede is that your ignoring of the intentional/deliberate requirement that is IN THE RULES is shared by many potato-heads in the umpiring fraternity.

Decisions are being made against the rules and people like you are fine with that???

Back