Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's ultimately semantics

The point is, they didn't expect it. Which is for all intents and purposes the same thing

It sounds to me like his Manager was doing a terrible job and managing expectations and being realistic with them

No it's not. It's balatant stupidity on the behalf of those choosing to misrepresent what he actually said and the context in which he said it.

He said he thought it could be bad, but the mixed messaging from the club left it unclear.

Cal Brown comes out of this with his head held high. Some BF posters not so much so.

Last edited:
Reading through this has been brutal!

I really feel for Cal, the club has been his whole life since leaving high school, and he’s built really strong relationships with a number of the boys. He’s now unemployed, probably hasn’t much of an idea of ‘where to’, and will now have to watch his mates head to the club as usual while he trots off to whatever job he can pick up. This isn’t even taking into account the additional pressure and disappointment he’d have faced given the F/S aspect of his story.

He’ll move on with his life and be fine I’m sure, but it’s a shame that there isn’t much empathy out there for him in what I’m sure any of us would find extremely upsetting if it were happening to us or one of our own children. He seems like a great kid. I hope he’s picked up by another club, or failing that, finds another path that he’s really passionate about.

It's ultimately semantics

The point is, they didn't expect it. Which is for all intents and purposes the same thing

It sounds to me like his Manager was doing a terrible job and managing expectations and being realistic with them

Have you watched the interview or just read the articles?

The whole blindsided crap has been painful.

Here no blindside, blindside no here.
Eric Bana Chopper GIF by Madman Films

Have you watched the interview or just read the articles?

I was actually listening to it live for much of it, but not from the start.

It took me a while to realise it wasn't Quaynor. Man they sound alike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's currently in europe with Ginni, Murphy, Tyler, Kelly. They are going to Ocktoter fest.

There is no Scotchtoberfest! Ya used me, Skinner, ya used me!!!

Oktoberfest isnt the worst place to be. More a carnival than anything, awesome atmosphere
Saw the Hawks boys there in 2017 and it’s been one disappointing slide down the ladder for them ever since.

We’re cooked for half a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Elaborate media for a VFL recruit, and the clips have him kicking well over 40m on a number of occasions.

None of this makes sense to me.

But no one is happier for Cal than me, except for the large and intimidating young woman who insisted on yelling 'Go Cal!' at the GCS game (I think), even when Cal was just taking a swig on the bench.

It will be really interesting to see if he can have a decent career with the Hawks. We can't say we didn't give both Browns enough opportunity.

The one on the right is Callum Brown. Nathan Murphy on the left.
Tom Mitchell front and centre

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back