Coach Cam Sutcliffe - Development Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Could they get any more inward looking

57-4893.jpg

I was going to post an image like that one over in the colonoscopy conversation, but I thought better of it.

What is so bad about Cameron Sutcliffe?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What is so bad about Cameron Sutcliffe?

He was a mediocre player at AFL level that achieved no success.

He was a mediocre player at SANFL that achieved no success.

No success as captain, no evidence of leadership quality.

Assistant coach at one of the worse performed AFLW teams.

Now promoted straight to the AFL coaching team.

The question should not be "what is so bad about...", it should be " have they demonstrated they are good enough?".

The question should not be "what is so bad about...", it should be " have they demonstrated they are good enough?".

Played over 100 games at afl level and played in the only gf the club that he was drafted to with pick 71 has played in.

Filled a sanfl leadership role, which was never going to be filled by a star but as a end of career/retiring afl player it suited him and the club okay and he captained them to a gf. And from what I’d seen he wasn’t up to it as a afl player at port but did reasonably well in the sanfl.

We’ve already filled all our line coaching roles, so I suspect this must be a more minor/development role and there are already a couple names in our coaching panel that haven’t played at afl level at all.

Fagan never played at afl level, shouldn’t be required to be a good coach in my opinion. Let alone having to be a superstar at that level.

Not sure how anyone on here can have any idea about his coaching ability or potential coaching ability. But from all reports he’s been considered a good club man at both freo and port, and got the best out of his ability.

Of all the things to get outraged about, surely this one is a bit over the top.

Played over 100 games at afl level and played in the only gf the club that he was drafted to with pick 71 has played in.

Filled a sanfl leadership role, which was never going to be filled by a star but as a end of career/retiring afl player it suited him and the club okay and he captained them to a gf. And from what I’d seen he wasn’t up to it as a afl player at port but did reasonably well in the sanfl.

We’ve already filled all our line coaching roles, so I suspect this must be a more minor/development role and there are already a couple names in our coaching panel that haven’t played at afl level at all.

Fagan never played at afl level, shouldn’t be required to be a good coach in my opinion. Let alone having to be a superstar at that level.

Not sure how anyone on here can have any idea about his coaching ability or potential coaching ability. But from all reports he’s been considered a good club man at both freo and port, and got the best out of his ability.

Of all the things to get outraged about, surely this one is a bit over the top.

Sutcliffe might be a great bloke. Or he might not. I don't care.

You are making excuses like the club is well run and has made well informed decisions, that this is the first questionable decision in recent memory.

People are disgruntled because this is the latest cherry on top of our s**t sundae.

Sutcliffe might be a great bloke. Or he might not. I don't care.

You are making excuses like the club is well run and has made well informed decisions, that this is the first questionable decision in recent memory.

People are disgruntled because this is the latest cherry on top of our s**t sundae.

Not making excuses, just don’t see this as that big of a deal. What is it a development role? Most thought we’d finalised our coaching panel so adding in one more to help out is hardly going to send us backwards.

Plus I have no idea about his coaching ability, he could end up being a great coach for all we know. Not going to write him off without giving him a chance or judging his coaching purely on his playing ability.

Not making excuses, just don’t see this as that big of a deal. What is it a development role? Most thought we’d finalised our coaching panel so adding in one more to help out is hardly going to send us backwards.

Plus I have no idea about his coaching ability, he could end up being a great coach for all we know. Not going to write him off without giving him a chance or judging his coaching purely on his playing ability.

Doctor Feel can you just post the "it isn't even out yet" meme?

He was also a mediocre terrorist.

Pretty sad the state of the club when what should be a fairly innocuous appointment becomes a total meltdown because everyone just assumes (probably correctly) its gonna turn out like every single other *ed thing being done at the Southern Power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at Darren Pfeiffer's resume, surprised he didn't get a spot.

Oh well, North Adelaide's gain.

Si

I posted this in the Darren Pfeiffer thread. Doesn't compare to Cam's blank sheet resume. He's apparently a top bloke though.

It was how I knew! :D

AFLW assistant coach and recently retired SANFL captain Cam Sutcliffe has accepted a coaching role in Port Adelaide’s AFL program and will depart the women’s program.
Following exhaustive world wide search for the best possible candidate.

Surely we must be running out of offices next door stuffed with world's best practice candidates by now.
We're like an endless mass production conveyor belt of elite individuals!
A bottomless pit of stardom.
A treasure trove of best practice performers.
We exist to manufacture countless doors, behind which lie gems.

Is it possibly an SA thing? Both clubs have trouble attracting coaching talent.

Could be a Keninkley thing, of course.

Concerning that there is so little experience among the coaches.

I'm still in total disbelief at this appointment, whatever the role. Also by his recruitment as a DFA, SANFL captain, aflw development coach. From what I've seen he has zero football talent or smarts, zero leadership skills. I've rarely heard him interviewed or speak publicly. I'm scratching my head.

Last edited:
I'm still in total disbelief at this appointment, whatever the role. Also by his recruitment as a DFA, SANFL captain, aflw development coach. From what I've seen he has zero football talent or smarts, zero leadership skills. I've never heard him interviewed or speak publicly. I'm scratching my head.

Interesting observations considering you’ve never heard him speak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back