Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

So probably overachieved finishing top 4? Should have managed players better and been happy to finish 8-5th. Hit finals fitter. Or do you think players were pushed harder due to lack of depth and pressure on the coach?

Carlton supporters are always bagging out our clubs medical staff for a long injury list. I keep saying it's been about pressure to win, pressure on the coach and lack of depth. Playing players when they shouldn't be playing because list has no depth and our coach sacking mentality.

Sounds like the same thing. Next season, Port has the pressure off the coach, builds a bit more depth and perhaps the problem goes away?

no.

no other coach has been at a club this long without delivering success. not one in 130 years of top level AFL competition.

if he hasn't done it in 11 years, why would anything change?

the moron himself said he had the best list he's had at the start of the year. that there were no excuses.

he's an utter fraud.

you can see the mental weakness in the side. the coach has responsibility for that when he's been there literally every players ENTIRE CAREER (except boak and jonas, who retired). sarah jones commented pre game that they looked scared. spot on. ken even said finals are scary. he never had any success as a player and his best achievement as a coach is in a C grade suburban comp 20 years ago. he's a born loser and parasite whose taken about 7 million bucks out of the club and delivered JACK ALL.

then you have media SHITSTAINS like kane korns going well who else is there DUHHHH

look at mcrae.
look at voss.
look at kingsley.

all these guys were available and we roll with the fat bogan who enjoys animal cruelty in his spare time.

give me a break

Hinkley saved Kanes career back in his last couple of years. Kane has always been bias since then. Will never and has never said anything negative about Hinkley
Cornes will 100% blame the players even though Hinkley played them injured throughout the year to get his August extension.

What Port did to Aliyah Alier and Lachie Jones was criminal and should be used as evidence in any class actions or government inquiries towards the league.

And brother.

The sooner the Cornes Crime Family is excommunicated from the club, the better.

Considering Graham was Glenelg royalty, it's always felt so weird to me that he shifted his allegiance to Port once his sons got drafted there.

Their backline is very poor

Don't worry, BZT will fix it!

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Their backline is very poor
Their backline was not the weakness in their two final losses.

The pressure on them was relentless because the GWS mids kept showing up the Port All-Australian "stars".

And all teams have weaknesses.

It's time for Port to stop looking for that "missing piece" and starting examining the donut-sized hole at the centre of their leadership.

And now Cornes refused to turn up to The Sunday Footy Show.

This was Cornes after the new Hinkley contract was announced, in which he sneered at Port fans for their lack of faith in Ken: "Stop sooking about the coach. As if you are going to hold off on this announcement and potentially disrupt the finals campaign ... you are not going to disrupt the finals campaign where we have a shot at winning a Grand Final. Ken Hinkley's record is amazing, really."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the fact the coach had to beg to the media for their supporters to turn up to a do or die for final says volumes for where this club is at.

Kochy & Ken are frauds.
I don't think you can blame Hinkley or even Koch. I think its something in Power's DNA. They've never been up for the big games in the AFL. Getting flogged in showdown finals, GFs, prelims even games that get them into finals stretches back to their inception in 1997.

We all expected what happened yesterday. Not cos of Hinkley but because of Power's history in this competition.

I don't think you can blame Hinkley or even Koch. I think its something in Power's DNA. They've never been up for the big games in the AFL. Getting flogged in showdown finals, GFs, prelims even games that get them into finals stretches back to their inception in 1997.

We all expected what happened yesterday. Not cos of Hinkley but because of Power's history in this competition.
So 2004 was a glitch in the matrix?

11 years as coach of Port with no silverware to show for it.
Straight sets exit from finals after receiving a two year contract extension.

Luke Beveridge has actually won silverware yet receives intense scrutiny from the media.
Why does Ken Hinkley escape media scrutiny?

David Koch IS Port and he has Kens back.

If Port fans truly want change then Koch is the one that needs to be removed thus paving the way for a coaching change.

Last edited:
How many times have Port finished top four under Hinkley? I can understand why they keep him on to be honest considering that’s all that seems to matter.

David Koch IS Port and he has Kens back.

If Port fans truly want change then Koch is the one that needs to be removed thus paving the way for a coaching change.
Problem is we have no control, a lot of ports frustrations even by previous players is just like yelling at a wall. Nothing happens, Koch is safe, Ken is safe. Nothing we can do about it either

Did Port overachieve by finishing top 4 and did GWS underachieve by not? That's what last night looked like.

It was a quicker, more talented, more skilled side V one who was not.

There are issues with Port's pressure. GWS were not put under pressure, it looked structural. Port also looked as if they didn't have the run and the players with the quality to take the game on like GWS did.

I'm not sure if it's the coach or if the team is just not that good or a little bit of both.

I think Port are a good side with the game on their terms but when the opposition open them up they lack the defensive and physical aspects to compete and apply pressure.
If it was for one or two years then fair enough.

But it's continually. Completely mentally scarred in finals.

And he exudes no confidence.

It's truly bizzare. It's like his kpi has been set at making finals, and that's it.

If it was for one or two years then fair enough.

But it's continually. Completely mentally scarred in finals.

And he exudes no confidence.

It's truly bizzare. It's like his kpi has been set at making finals, and that's it.

One mistake Carlton have been making year after year is the pressure we put on the coach. The reason for Carlton's success is Brian Cook. He's come in and cooled all that down.

A pressured coach coaches differently to a comfortable coach.

I don't know what Port are doing but they looked completely out classed and out run.

One mistake Carlton have been making year after year is the pressure we put on the coach. The reason for Carlton's success is Brian Cook. He's come in and cooled all that down.

A pressured coach coaches differently to a comfortable coach.

I don't know what Port are doing but they looked completely out classed and out run.
Port were at their best when Ken was coaching without a contract for next year.
Port's form declined after Ken signed the two year extension.

Port were at their best when Ken was coaching without a contract for next year.
Port's form declined after Ken signed the two year extension.
Would have been interesting if Ken was told (behind closed doors) he was guaranteed a contract extension if they make at least a preliminary final...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back