Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Port supporters all thought Ken was a superhero at 14-2.
Where were the Hinkley haters during the streak?
More BS I was bagging Hinkley incessantly as were most of the anti-Hinkley crowd. Just were bagging him about not winning finals as we always do. No change to that. And btw I'm not bagging Hinkley over 2 losses I'm bagging him about 11 years of failure.

That's ripe for a supporter of a club that will sack Fagan the moment they go out this year if they don't make the Grand Final.

Do you see Fagan coaching Brisbane in 2027 if he doesn't make a Grand Final with your list?

Papa Fages signed an extension this year LOL

See this is what I mean. Port fans are ungrateful. Whereas lions fans love papa fages and are grateful for what he has done.

#portnuffies

More BS I was bagging Hinkley incessantly as were most of the anti-Hinkley crowd. Just were bagging him about not winning finals as we always do. No change to that. And btw I'm not bagging Hinkley over 2 losses I'm bagging him about 11 years of failure.
Ken could easily be a premiership coach with a little more luck.
Port have lost two preliminary finals by a kick to triple premiership Hawks and Tigers dynasty teams during Ken's tenure.
Beveridge was able to pinch a flag in the gap year between the Hawks and Tigers dynasties because he had luck that Ken didn't.

Obviously Port fans want Carr as head coach (they believe he's already that in all but title right now)

But if someone else (say Richmond) come along and take him. And ontop of that, Gold Coast take Dimma. Would Port fans rather Hinkley or an untried coach?

Papa Fages signed an extension this year LOL

See this is what I mean. Port fans are ungrateful. Whereas lions fans love papa fages and are grateful for what he has done.

#portnuffies
Remember where Brisbane were on and off field when Fagan arrived, and compare it to where they are now.
People such as Leigh Matthews were saying the Lions should merge with the Suns, that's how bad things were.

Remember where Brisbane were on and off field when Fagan arrived, and compare it to where they are now.
People such as Leigh Matthews were saying the Lions should merge with the Suns, that's how bad things were.

I’m just a grateful and humble lions supporter

Obviously Port fans want Carr as head coach (they believe he's already that in all but title right now)

But if someone else (say Richmond) come along and take him. And ontop of that, Gold Coast take Dimma. Would Port fans rather Hinkley or an untried coach?
I think right now Port supporters would rather anyone who isn't Ken, regardless of whether or not they're a rookie coach.

I'd take a stick figure drawing of McRae on a scrap of A4 over Ken at this point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the crunch we've seen this all before Port falling apart, we missed the finals after being 11-4 once. Port supporters remember while other club supporters don't. We said it a couple months ago in the middle of the winning streak.

No matter how well the team is coached tactically you can't afford to be carrying and playing as many injured and shot players as what we have and then to add in a couple dubious match selection calls and you have the upcoming disaster that has just started.

Sack the buffoon Hinkley.

The problem with power supporters is they all thought he was a buff superhero when power went 14 win straight .

Now a loss and calling for his sacking.

They react where the wind blows. This is why we ignore power supporters.

Trust in Hinkley he saved your club.
You quite clearly have absolutely no idea. Why don't you venture over to the Port board for a moment. You'll notice the thread 'Sack Hinkley 8'
Yes, 8 separate threads of about 10,000 posts each calling for his head dating back to 2019.

The problem with power supporters is they all thought he was a buff superhero when power went 14 win straight .

Now a loss and calling for his sacking.

They react where the wind blows. This is why we ignore power supporters.

Trust in Hinkley he saved your club.
I was screaming for him to be sacked. You are dealing in the same myths the media loves so much. If he was so great why didn't anyone appoint him before us and ever since. And the media peddle the BS that he would get a contract elsewhere. He's 56 years old no other club wants him. He's a proven loser - AGAIN.

Here's the crunch we've seen this all before Port falling apart, we missed the finals after being 11-4 once. Port supporters remember while other club supporters don't. We said it a couple months ago in the middle of the winning streak.

No matter how well the team is coached tactically you can't afford to be carrying and playing as many injured and shot players as what we have and then to add in a couple dubious match selection calls and you have the upcoming disaster that has just started.

Sack the buffoon Hinkley.
Hinkley is not Match Day Coaching anyway. He barely talks to or instructs players on the bench. He spectates the game. Hardly ever on the phone upstairs.

Other coaches from the bench are all of these. Moving about a lot. Last week in particular, Hinkley was sitting on the bench doing nothing but spectating for long periods.

#sackCarrtoo

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hinkley is not Match Day Coaching anyway. He barely talks to or instructs players on the bench. He spectates the game. Hardly ever on the phone upstairs.

Other coaches from the bench are all of these. Moving about a lot. Last week in particular, Hinkley was sitting on the bench doing nothing but spectating for long periods.

#sackCarrtoo

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
What I'm saying here is that it is not our game day coaching that is the issue at the moment. It is our player management. Dixon, Wines, Boak, Butters all noticeably injured. A bunch of guys out of form now as well. Its obvious that Hinkley doesn't do much game day but that's not the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back