Captains 2017: It's Kennedy! Vice captains Hanners, Parker, Rampe

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a chance that there could be a welcome change next year.
Some in high places are pushing for Hanners to be one.
Watch this space.
Good call imo. i just dont think macca/jack are tge right guys to push us one step further.

No, imo it is the teams call and not the people in high places...

I'm not worried whether it is Hanners or Parker because I strongly believe it will eventually be both... It doesn't seem to me that JPK wants the captaincy, and he is a bit long in the tooth to get it now.

I'm still a fan of the dual captaincy and wouldn't even mind a third, perhaps Rampe...

Then they'd have to change the captain during the finals series which isn't a good look
Yeah I agree. Parker is a gun but thus far nothing memorable has come from these most important matches. He wasn't right this year though.
Josh Kennedy going to be with us after 2017? Make him captain so he can be remembered forever as one of our greats when he's done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stick with co captains. Stick with at least one organiser/micro manager which should come from the back half.

Grundy or Rampe. I want to say Rampe but he loves a dart and might have ciggy butt brain.

Personally I like the clubs, where the players vote for the captain at the beginning of each season. The players know who the on and off field leaders are and it is hard to gauge from the outside looking in.

I do like the co-captains though.

Kieren Jack - still the best choice
Hanners - yes, it's time, Co-Captaincy. Get into them Dan.
Josh Kennedy - is he interested. Leads by actions anyway.
Luke Parker - too early in career
Buddy - too early in Swans career
Jarryd McVeigh - time to hand over
Dane Rampe - too early in career, but a prospect

Sole Swans captaincy would be nice to give it more importance to the player and continue the shared responsibility on field with deputies.

Hanners will grab the jumper and show his Swans pride so he is my vote. Kennedy is too humble for the captaincy and possibly respectful of his legacy that he would prefer not to upset his Grandfather. Or I'm talking out my ass as usual.

Sole Swans captaincy would be nice to give it more importance to the player and continue the shared responsibility on field with deputies.

Hanners will grab the jumper and show his Swans pride so he is my vote. Kennedy is too humble for the captaincy and possibly respectful of his legacy that he would prefer not to upset his Grandfather. Or I'm talking out my ass as usual.
You are with Kennedy as he's forged his own legacy...as a Swan!

Here's one that no one has mentioned and he won the players award, Lance Franklin ?

Make Jescinta go captain
She got him to move cities, settle down, calls out the midfield group

Perfect captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back