Carlton's first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
worst quarter of footy we've seen this season by a LONG way, the disposal is pathetic and amatuerish and the pressure a disgrace (looked like Port were on a training run most of the time).

don't care who wins the wooden spoon, Carlton are the worst team in the AFL.

based on that quarter they were horriffic... lucky to only be 4 goals down...

not helping my supercoach chances as i traded for fev this week... giving me nothing, and could cost me my season

worst quarter of footy we've seen this season by a LONG way, the disposal is pathetic and amatuerish and the pressure a disgrace (looked like Port were on a training run most of the time).

Agree 100%. You see better skill in local footy than what Carlton have showed so far. Out on the full under no pressure at all, turnover and turnover.

Carlton deserve the priority pick... clearly the worst side in the comp and unlike Richmond there are very little positives from their "kids".

Agree 100%. You see better skill in local footy than what Carlton have showed so far. Out on the full under no pressure at all, turnover and turnover.

Carlton deserve the priority pick... clearly the worst side in the comp and unlike Richmond there are very little positives from their "kids".

Richmond's kids have been awesome all year. :thumbsu:

I have no idea how they are last on the ladder, I also have no idea how it is that they lost to Carlton. :rolleyes:

Get over yourself.

Worse than Richmond's first, second or third quarter against us in Round 8?

Richmond's kids have been awesome all year. :thumbsu:

I have no idea how they are last on the ladder, I also have no idea how it is that they lost to Carlton. :rolleyes:

Get over yourself.

So true XXX. Such an unlucky side Richmond, in fact they have been unlucky on 16 occasions this year.

To the thread starter, I note you are an Adelaide supporter. Instead of worrying about Carlton's woes, if I was you I would be focussing on why Adelaide, who have finished 1st & 2nd at the end of the last 2 home & away seasons, are languishing in 11th position on the ladder. You might like to talk about injuries, but I would have thought with fitness gurus like Neil Craig & Charlie Walsh on board, that this wouldn't be an issue. If seeing Carlton performing miserably is the only way you can derive satisfaction at the moment, then perhaps you are supporting the wrong SA team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton's first quarter would have to be the worst I've seen all year. As the OP said, disposal and use of the football were terrible, and the lack of pressure was just disgusting.

The second started better, but ended just as badly. I can't remember a football side doing less team things. Missed shepherds, not chasing, bombing away for goal rather than centering, 50m penalties - we've had the lot today

We have been pretty awful, but we controlled the first half of the first quarter and couldn't kick a goal. It's also hard playing against 21 people on the ground. Port are getting well looked after, that non-mark to get Port up and running was atrocious and what would have been our first goal was called back because the boundary umpire made a late call from 100m away.

That Quarterbrain is also the most annoying piece of crap going around. He just whinged the whole quarter. He sounded like his whole day was ruined and how dare Carlton play s**t when I'm commentating. Suck it up champ, your network picked the game. :D

So true XXX. Such an unlucky side Richmond, in fact they have been unlucky on 16 occasions this year.

To the thread starter, I note you are an Adelaide supporter. Instead of worrying about Carlton's woes, if I was you I would be focussing on why Adelaide, who have finished 1st & 2nd at the end of the last 2 home & away seasons, are languishing in 11th position on the ladder. You might like to talk about injuries, but I would have thought with fitness gurus like Neil Craig & Charlie Walsh on board, that this wouldn't be an issue. If seeing Carlton performing miserably is the only way you can derive satisfaction at the moment, then perhaps you are supporting the wrong SA team.
Fantastic deflection there :thumbsu: You manage to turn a thread about Carlton into talking about where Adelaide is on the ladder, you would think Carlton would be the last people to talk about other teams positions on the ladder after the last 5 or so years :eek:

Also if it wasn't obvious in his post I think he was angry at Carlton for playing like crap, not happy about it.

Fantastic deflection there :thumbsu: You manage to turn a thread about Carlton into talking about where Adelaide is on the ladder, you would think Carlton would be the last people to talk about other teams positions on the ladder after the last 5 or so years :eek:

Also if it wasn't obvious in his post I think he was angry at Carlton for playing like crap, not happy about it.

Nick pick up there ;)

To respond to mediumsized though, I do find it interesting that people talk about Adelaide's injuries and how we have money to spend on fitness etc but the problem is that the majority of our inuries are game day related and most of them couldn't have been prevented.

The Blues first 2 quarters were shocking, but in the 3rd they showed why they are widely acknolwedged as having the most raw talent in the AFL. Amazing stuff. The shell-shocked expression on Williams face after the game was priceless. Can't wait until this highly talented young side string a few more brilliant quarters together. They'll be unstoppable. When this young side fires they can beat anyone with ease. Port were saved by the PP rule and the Blues inexperience. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back