Champions Trophy Tournament 2017, 1-18 June.

Remove this Banner Ad

"No one expected Pakistan to win this, let alone make the final" - Warne

Shouldn't that be 'No one expected Pakistan to make the final, let alone win it'?
You need to leave a little bit of time for Warney to get his head around basis concepts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to the Pakistan team and well batted by Fakhed at the top. Had a couple of missed chances/ lives early but deserved his MOTM and has started his international 50 over career with great intent for run scoring.

History said 320 + was going to be a tough chase and when Amir exposed the middle order early it was definitely advantage Pakistan.

Pleased for Micky Arthur as well getting that elusive Championship after a few tries at it with South Africa. Always had a lot of time for him and hopefully he can build this Pakistan national team to be a world power again.

Congratulations Pakistan :)

Even better than Australia didn't even make the final :D :D

We are happy India didn't win. If we can't win, so long as India lose we are happy enough. Our side was never going to win anyway. How we were the favourites was beyond me.

Apart from one country scared about losing their ability to bully umpires into making crap decisions in their favour at home was its introduction really that controversial?

I still hate DRS, just not convinced it works, and I hate it used for LBW's.

We are happy India didn't win. If we can't win, so long as India lose we are happy enough. Our side was never going to win anyway. How we were the favourites was beyond me.

tenor.gif

Considering Australia are the reigning world cup champions and the fact they are currently second in the current rankings system, you'd think they would have put in a better effort.

Considering Australia are the reigning world cup champions and the fact they are currently second in the current rankings system, you'd think they would have put in a better effort.

As long as our players got through it okay, that was all we needed to do. The Ashes is a lot more important. Winning was a bonus and even in awful form we still make the semis if the rain stayed away against Bangladesh anyway.

As long as our players got through it okay, that was all we needed to do. The Ashes is a lot more important. Winning was a bonus and even in awful form we still make the semis if the rain stayed away against Bangladesh anyway.

Hopefully the pay dispute thing gets sorted out, otherwise there might be a few Joe Blow's playing for the country instead of Davey Warner! :p

Hopefully the pay dispute thing gets sorted out, otherwise there might be a few Joe Blow's playing for the country instead of Davey Warner! :p

You are talking as if that's a bad thing, Warner has done very little lately and no I don't care too much about how many IPL runs he made!

Well not just Warner, but what if the actual CAPTAIN didn't front up in the series ?

The dispute will be finalised, who knows it might be strategy saving hem from having to tour Bangladesh and get walloped!

Congratulations Pakistan :)

Even better than Australia didn't even make the final :D :D

India have replaced Australia as the most loathed cricketing nation, we are underdogs now, almost had a fall from grace like the Windies.

The talent gap between the two countries it was like Brisbane Lions beating GWS in a shortened season in the GF. Farkhar Zaman should have been out for not much, he looked average against England and got off the mark with a top edge for 6. India's batting is just cream all the way down. Fakhar is the equivalent of Liam Jones kicking bags of goals in the perlim then GF to win a Norm Smith...

Obviously Kholi is a superstar but I haven't seen him bat well, I've only seen him in that awesome series earlier this year and then this final. He's not a great winner at all we know that but he seemed to handle himself with class last night, and obviously a lot riding on it.

Well done Fakhar, well done Pakistan. This was great for the game.

Fakhar will be an ordinary batsmen in the future.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back