Unofficial Preview Changes and perspectives prior to Tigers 45th MCG home game this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigers @ MCG.
#1 team in the comp.

We have literally nothing to lose here as no one will be giving us a chance at the 4 points.

Have a dip - a big dip.

Id be happy with another 2-3 goal loss.
Just be competitive for 4 quarters and play hard.

GO Catters

If Harry Taylor is fit, he comes in for Tom Stewart and Jack Henry goes to defence and Harry goes forward.
Or..
Thurlow comes in, Or Crameri comes in and goes Forward and Henry goes to defence. .

If Harry Taylor is fit, he comes in for Tom Stewart and Jack Henry goes to defence and Harry goes forward.
Or..
Thurlow comes in, Or Crameri comes in and goes Forward and Henry goes to defence. .
HT aint playing next week.

GO Catters

It's a strange time being Richmond's bitch - I remember the days when we were the top dog and handing out smackings left right and centre. Richmond used to be on the receiving end.

We still have not played a good 4 quarters - this team struggles with consistency and game plan at the MCG. I really hope Scott has accepted his coaching needs work at the MCG and we offer up something fresh.

Henry to slot down back, worry is Jed Bews form has been off the boil since the bye, Narkle seems to be struggling, Thurlow would have to be in contention

My wishlist for this game is just to see some huge bumps on the Richmond smalls. That'll already have me feeling good about the game, and releasing the vaunted pressure in a way that suits our bigger bodies will only help.

We can win, and shouldn't be afraid. Just compete with them all day long and the result will sort itself out one way or the other.

Wonder if Richmond will put Rance on Hawkins this week, or whether they put Astbury on him and have Rance coming in 3rd man up. If it's the latter, whoever Rance is supposed to be on has to lead to the ball carrier as well and be used as well to put doubt in Rance's mind as to when to follow his man and when to peel off.

Simply put, I think we'll be right in this as long as we lower our eyes and deliver low passes like we have in the last few weeks rather than long, high bombs to the top of the square.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hoping the weather is at least relatively dry, i don't think the teams we brought to the table in the last two clashes matched up well with the Tigers. Last season in the QF we had i think Simpson and Zuthrie, and this year i think Zach again got a guernsey, we really need our harder bodied players against the Tigers, who really seem to just be the chaos ball kings with slingshotting forward any old how and their plethora of smalls run onto the ball, invariably sprinting faster than any opposition player on them. Jack Riewoldt has been excellent this year, consistently taking marks and presenting as the main tall, but i cant help think our best chance is a bit like the way we beat the Pies Runball of 2011....if you mark the footy, all the small forward pressure ain't going to do anything to help.

Hence my hope for drier weather which might accentuate some of Geelong's marking advantages, particularly Tom Hawkins who is in career best fettle at the minute. His dominance might force the Tigers to focus on him a lot, and it could allow a chance for some others to chip in as forward targets if the Tigers concentrate a lot on Tom. Menzel working his way back to form in the last 3 weeks helps a lot, and the emergence of Henry as a dual-threat player both forward and back adds another wrinkle that didn't exist in Rd 13.

Bear in mind Geelong was just 13 points behind at 3/4 time in the QF, and about level earlier this year, in conditions that don't suit Geelong's younger lighter bodies, and both with sides that had weaknesses which hopefully the selection panel will address. I have some confidence we can put in a good account against the Tigers, obviously they are playing with full confidence, and their incessant running and speed seems to never fatigue. But they can be beaten, especially if they leave postcode 3002 or 3121 and there's no reason why Geelong if they really focus on their tasks and have a side of stronger bodies, can't really take it right up to the Tigers.

Stewart will hopefully come up. If he doesn’t it’s not the end of the world however. Crameri is suited to the mcg- he’s quick and uses the ball well. As others have said, Henry goes down back and Crameri comes in:

Stewart will hopefully come up. If he doesn’t it’s not the end of the world however. Crameri is suited to the mcg- he’s quick and uses the ball well. As others have said, Henry goes down back and Crameri comes in:
Stewart'S gone for the rest of the H@A season is the word.

Or..
Lets not worry about Taylor and Stewart, put a little thought in to Guthrie, Kolo, and Bews, did they have 20 possessions between them, there out put was very poor, Thurlow replaces Guthrie, Guthrie picked up 3 or 4 possessions in junk time to give him 11 in Total and got a cheap one off Scooter, we called it last week and I think the Debate on Guthrie is very strong ( Below par for a best 22 player ) Mids and Forwards are pushing back big time to cover for this Back line Group, and just for the Record, don't be surprised if young Zuthrie doesn't fill the void.

With Stewart out they are not going to drop Cuthrie, please.

Thurlow in for Stewart. I think Thurlow is done but this has to be the change this week.

This is the spot the MC have repeatedly made a stupid selection this year so expect to see Zuthrie or they will pick Buzza and play Henry back or something else so stupid you won't even see it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back