Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called it in pre-season; Rhyce is not a fan of Marley. He constantly had him playing for the Magoos during the intra-clubs.

I'm a fan of Marley's, but I do think he may be the type to drop his head if he's out of favour.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I called it in pre-season; Rhyce is not a fan of Marley. He constantly had him playing for the Magoos during the intra-clubs.

I'm a fan of Marley's, but I do think he may be the type to drop his head if he's out of favour.
I wouldn't bet my house on Kyron being in the final team after his head knock so Marley may get a late call up, not that his recent form warrants it.

Cheers guys, I’ll hold Simpkin and have georgiadeseseses cover for him if he’s a late out. Too good to trade for just 1 week

thanks for the advice, I’ll pray that you guys smash the blues now just for that... or pray yous lose for draft picks... whichever you prefer :)

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wood and Williams dropped. Imagine hanging that tag next to your name in this injury plagued year. Multiple times each, mind you! Not even on the emergency list either, wowsers.

Anyway, that team looks much more balanced now. Injection of hardness, midfield depth, and marking power (on top of the structural gains).

Will probably see Higgins floating across HB again considering the midfield actually got bolstered.

Yeah they should be reaching out to their agents. Doesn’t look good for them

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Freezing out? The bloke has played bugger all football after mutliple injuries, and he doesn't even have the benefit of being able to gain proper form or conditioning in the VFL this year, thanks to it being replaced by these ridiculous scratch matches.

Would bloody well love to see him out there, but considering what he's gone through, physically and mentally, he's one bloke I'd be waiting until he was cherry ripe to play.

Yep the club would be treating him very carefully, given he hasn't played a senior game since the accident.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Guys, supercoach related question?

wtf is going on with Simpkin... news he’s out for the season and named in the centre?? is shaw taking the piss or? Lol
To build on that...if Simpkin is a late out - how does the team get shuffled to suit?

You guys know your stuff. Does he play? I'll cut my Hilux in half and gift it if you're right...

We’ve got a SuperCoach thread on here. You’ll find answers there.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Ch 9 news just mentioned that Harry McKay did his hammy at training today

Doesn't look that bad tbh...only small amount of vision but walked off fine and no medicos around him.

If it was just a little tight or over-stretched he could still play on Saturday. Would love to see McKay vs McKay.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Larkey and LDU look in any way like they're underdone and not physically up to a full game of footy.... I swear to ******* god

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Larkey and LDU look in any way like they're underdone and not physically up to a full game of footy.... I swear to ******* god

Of course they're going to be unerdone.

There's no VFL, and 12 a side scratch matches can't even closely replicate AFL intensity and pressure.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't mean underdone in a sense of 'they're coming back from injury, they're gonna be a bit rusty.' That goes without saying. I mean underdone in a sense of 'being physically crippled like JZ and Cunners.'

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wood and Williams dropped. Imagine hanging that tag next to your name in this injury plagued year. Multiple times each, mind you!

I'm not saying right or wrong.

That "tag" you mention as senior players equally means "delisted" to me.

I'd be surprised if selected again unless we simply have no other choice.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
So we thinking walker will play 3rd tall down back, now that Larkey is back? Could finally get to play the scott thompson roll that he was earmarked for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back