Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wood and Williams dropped. Imagine hanging that tag next to your name in this injury plagued year. Multiple times each, mind you! Not even on the emergency list either, wowsers.

Anyway, that team looks much more balanced now. Injection of hardness, midfield depth, and marking power (on top of the structural gains).

Will probably see Higgins floating across HB again considering the midfield actually got bolstered.

Four blokes who are best 22 for 3 (at least) who aren’t is massive for us. Would love to know where Majak is at though, some very mixed messaging from the club in regards to his availability...

Very happy with those changes.

A few are very lucky to keep their spot but I guess the cupboard is bare to make more.

larkey and walker, now you got 2 genuine forwards who on a really good day could kick bags......walker moving foward could be one of the few success stories for roos.

Typical.

First non-night QLD dew game and we are scheduled at 1:00pm in a Thunderstorm.

You can't make eight changes to a team, there'd be no chemistry at all if you did that.
Simpkin and Hayden staying in is surprising but perhaps a late change. I wouldn't be risking either.

Last edited:
Concerned about the freezing out of Majak. Rhyce Shaw a joke
Freezing out? The bloke has played bugger all football after mutliple injuries, and he doesn't even have the benefit of being able to gain proper form or conditioning in the VFL this year, thanks to it being replaced by these ridiculous scratch matches.

Would bloody well love to see him out there, but considering what he's gone through, physically and mentally, he's one bloke I'd be waiting until he was cherry ripe to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four good in’s finally some positive news, i would like to see Hosie
surprised Simpkin is in, he may be a late out.
I suspect they're giving him til the last minute to pass a fitness test. No mids in the emergencies. Wonder who'd come in for him.

You can't make changes to a team, there'd be no chemistry at all if you did that.
Simpkin and Hayden staying in is surprising but perhaps a late change. I wouldn't be risking either.

Hayden's hit looked brutal, but I'm pretty sure he's done every session since it and he must have passed all the testing on top of it.

Simpkin has me scared though, lol. Especially after that news report saying he wasn't training, and all this right on top of TT's ankle needing surgery.

Guys, supercoach related question?

wtf is going on with Simpkin... news he’s out for the season and named in the centre?? is shaw taking the piss or? Lol
To build on that...if Simpkin is a late out - how does the team get shuffled to suit?

You guys know your stuff. Does he play? I'll cut my Hilux in half and gift it if you're right...

Hayden's hit looked brutal, but I'm pretty sure he's done every session since it and he must have passed all the testing on top of it.

Simpkin has me scared though, lol. Especially after that news report saying he wasn't training, and all this right on top of TT's ankle needing surgery.
Sure he might've done all that but last thing we want is a Jacobs situation. I'd be giving Kyron couple games off to make sure there's no long term effects.

To build on that...if Simpkin is a late out - how does the team get shuffled to suit?

You guys know your stuff. Does he play? I'll cut my Hilux in half and gift it if you're right...
I want to trade him to bailey smith if he’s out, who plays in 40 mins, so north better making up their minds quick sticks rofl

It's Tarryn Thomas who's out for the season. The word was that Simpkin was going to be out so surprised to see him named. I expect it'll be pending a last minute fitness test. The centre square makeup depends on whether McDonald tags Cripps.

So Souva, Bull, Jed, LDU? Maybe Maj or Murph as well. Wait and see.
You picked it early.

I'm expecting more changes with Simpkin injured, no need to risk him, been one of our few wins this year.

Still don't like Atley, Pittard and Jmac all in the same side, also Hall is lucky to survive. Would like to see youngsters tried instead of these 4.

Shame that Bonar is injurerd, anyone know what happened? I'd like to see him get 5-6 games in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back