Prediction Changes for Collingwood - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure there is plenty for him to work on regarding his game such as becoming a more damaging player with the ball. There are other defenders in front of him for sure. McKenzie has turned into a very solid footballer and Allir Allir has made spots hard to come by. But Clurey is agile, has a tank, and can slot into our system with ease.

I'm not dissing him. He has done a fine job over the last few years, and he will certainly be a regular member of the team again. Just saying that as things stand he will struggle to get a game while McKenzie is uninjured and in form. I'm sure Clurey will work on his game, and both Jonas and McKenzie will both be in their thirties next year. There are some teams that warrant playing 4 talls remembering that Jpnas is versatile and can play on medium and some small forwards if needs be. So opportunities will present themselves. Although it will be interesting if we trade in another tall defender.

With the game now being at Marvel on a dry deck and there being no reserves I'm leaning towards Marshall playing now. Still think Marshall is in our best team in September and with no sanfl not like he is going to find form in the reserves.

Also the fact that Ladhams looks likely to leave at years end. Can't see much point in putting development into a bloke who is on the way out for little present gain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the game now being at Marvel on a dry deck and there being no reserves I'm leaning towards Marshall playing now. Still think Marshall is in our best team in September and with no sanfl not like he is going to find form in the reserves.

Also the fact that Ladhams looks likely to leave at years end. Can't see much point in putting development into a bloke who is on the way out for little present gain.

What's your source for this?

Pistol and future 3rd for Saint's first rounder this year.
If we could use Ladhams to get a second 1st Rounder, that would be great squad architecture. We lose a fringe player (who gets replaced by a better fringe player in Hayes and get in two first round picks before J.Burgoyne who now looks like a second rounder.

Helps with a shot at a flag in the next two years but also in the next 4-5: a future team based around Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Bergman, Hayes, Georgiades, Marshall, Jones, Jace Burgoyne, 2021 #12, 2021 #16 and 2022 First Rounder would set us up for the future- and I haven’t mentioned Schofield, Powell-Pepper, Drew, Aliir, Houston, Fantasia, Wines, Amon, Williams, Farrell, Lord, Byrne-Jones, Mead and even Bonner- all of whom probably have their best years ahead of them- the oldest being 27 yo Wines.

If we could use Ladhams to get a second 1st Rounder, that would be great squad architecture. We lose a fringe player (who gets replaced by a better fringe player in Hayes and get in two first round picks before J.Burgoyne who now looks like a second rounder.

Helps with a shot at a flag in the next two years but also in the next 4-5: a future team based around Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Bergman, Hayes, Georgiades, Marshall, Jones, Jace Burgoyne, 2021 #12, 2021 #16 and 2022 First Rounder would set us up for the future- and I haven’t mentioned Schofield, Powell-Pepper, Drew, Aliir, Houston, Fantasia, Wines, Amon, Williams, Farrell, Lord, Byrne-Jones, Mead and even Bonner- all of whom probably have their best years ahead of them- the oldest being 27 yo Wines.

I think we'd use that first rounder to tempt gcs into releasing JL. we need a KPD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back