Opinion Changes for QF vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

If Clurey is on the sidelines for this game, why telegraph it two days out?
They’re also stressing that he’s out on form. What form?

Something doesn’t add up.

Clurey out and Lienert in isn't what I would do, but I could live with it. Clurey out and Bonner in is leaving us wide open for a classic Ken Hinkley loses us the game at selection.

Playing no tall defenders against Tomahawk sounds scary, and I'm still trying to work out how we could field a team without Clurey OR Lienert... but crazy as it sounds I've actually gotten a bit of faith back in the selection committee after this season.

Back it in and hope it works.

Playing no tall defenders against Tomahawk sounds scary, and I'm still trying to work out how we could field a team without Clurey OR Lienert... but crazy as it sounds I've actually gotten a bit of faith back in the selection committee after this season.

Back it in and hope it works.

I've regained some faith in them precisely because (until now at least) they had stopped pulling stupid s**t like Bonner in over Clurey and Lienert. Judge the decision on its merits, not on who's making it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've regained some faith in them precisely because (until now at least) they had stopped pulling stupid sh*t like Bonner in over Clurey and Lienert. Judge the decision on its merits, not on who's making it.

Sure, but I'm not the one with all the information or knowledge on the overall plan. I have a bit of faith that we have a way of pulling this together that makes sense and am willing to give a bit of benefit of the doubt at this stage.

I can see the hesitation in playing both Burton and Clurey if both are a risk of reinjuring? Maybe keen to give Clurey on more week?
I personally believe both will play.
Surely Bonner out?
Whoever plays, our pressure and defensive work in the midfield will need to lift this time. We were far too focussed on attack last game.

The melting is hilarious. Do people actually remember Hawkins owning Clurey last time? One out or not, he's an undersized and average full back. I'm confident McKenzie won't do any worse.

I remember it as well as the game before where Clurey held him goalless. It's an incredibly bold strategy, but it seems like we prefer to make these calls pre-game and running with it all game as opposed to retaining options and switching up. My fear is that the coaching staff have spent the last ten days (or longer) over analysing the Geelong result.

If Clurey is on the sidelines for this game, why telegraph it two days out?
They’re also stressing that he’s out on form. What form?

Something doesn’t add up.

This is the part that makes no sense. I'd be naming him and switching as an emergency. Why let Geelong plan for it? If it's been leaked by anyone involved in the Club, heads should roll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back