Unofficial Preview Changes for Round 13 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: William,Howard,Higgins,Wallis,Hrovat
In: Cordy,JJ,Stringer,Honeychurch,Redpath

Out: Howard, Stevens
In: Campbell, Redpath

Also wondering if Minson might do well with a rest.

B Picken Roughead Wood
HB Higgins Morris Murphy
C Hrovat Griffen Macrae
HF Dahl Campbell Tutt
F Grant Redpath Crameri
R Minson Liberaore Cooney
INT Wallis Bonts Williams SUB Gia

Play Williams as a Swingman. He hasn't forgotten how to play KPD has he?

Out of interest - why no calls for Hunter to be included? Is he injured? I think we need more class and he is the classiest guy outside the current 22 in my opinion.

I agree with the calls for inclusions to give us structure. Play two key defenders ( let Morris play as the third) , play two key forwards, ( let Crameri play as the third) and get Hunter in to give some more class.

Roberts in for Howard, Jones in for Stevens, Cordy in for Cooney ( needs to get a message and Minson needs help) and Hunter in for Hrovat ( this one is tough I would like Hrovat to get a good go but I also want Hunter in and Hrovat faded badly). Some tough calls but when you lose to a side below you on the ladder something has to be done.

What i would like to see happen
In: Cordy Roberts Honeychurch
Out: Howard Stevens Gia (Unlucky but time to play kids)

B: Roberts Roughie Wood
HB: Higgins Morris Murphy
C: Macrae Griffen Picken
HF: Crameri Williams Dahl
F: Grant Cordy Honeychurch
Foll: Minson Libba Wallis
INT: Bonts Cooney Tutt Sub: Hrovat

Match Ups:
Roughie - Cloke
Morris - White
Roberts - Witts/Grundy
Wood - Elliott
Picken - Beams
Wallis - Pendlebury

What I see Happening
In: Boyd Honeychurch
Out: Howard Stevens
Honey to be Sub

from fox sports
ON THE BLOCK: Shaun Higgins could miss after copping a heavy knock to the ribs. There’s no word yet on whether Fletcher Roberts will be included in the forward line to face the Pies, but with the inclusion of Jarrad Grant this week, he could face omission for another week.

MCCARTNEY READY TO FACE FIRE

ON THE CUSP: Defenders Matthew Fuller and Daniel Pearce will likely face Collingwood in Round 13. Veteran Matthew Boyd may still be tender following a tight hamstring but could return.

NATHAN HEWITT’S FORECAST: See what Collingwood turns up today, but the Doggies need to show something. They will be devastated with what they served up against the Lions on Saturday night. Against Collingwood and before a big crowd is just the stage to give their supporters some hope.

from fox sports
ON THE BLOCK: Shaun Higgins could miss after copping a heavy knock to the ribs. There’s no word yet on whether Fletcher Roberts will be included in the forward line to face the Pies, but with the inclusion of Jarrad Grant this week, he could face omission for another week.

MCCARTNEY READY TO FACE FIRE

ON THE CUSP: Defenders Matthew Fuller and Daniel Pearce will likely face Collingwood in Round 13. Veteran Matthew Boyd may still be tender following a tight hamstring but could return.

NATHAN HEWITT’S FORECAST: See what Collingwood turns up today, but the Doggies need to show something. They will be devastated with what they served up against the Lions on Saturday night. Against Collingwood and before a big crowd is just the stage to give their supporters some hope.

Do they just pick names out of a hat?

If fuller plays I'm going to..........nah I'll do nothing. I'll just be embarrassed for our footy club I guess (even moreso than I am right now).
I'd say there's more chance of me getting a game, so it's ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say there's more chance of me getting a game, so it's ok.
Can't wait to see his stats from the weekend. I can honestly only recall him having 2 kicks. One scrubby one out of a pack and one short pass. He has absolutely no idea how to get the footy. Even how to get those cheapies off half-back. None. Mind well and truly blown

Can't wait to see his stats from the weekend. I can honestly only recall him having 2 kicks. One scrubby one out of a pack and one short pass. He has absolutely no idea how to get the footy. Even how to get those cheapies off half-back. None. Mind well and truly blown
Fuller 10 kicks 3 Handballs 3 marks 4 tackles

Fuller was poor on Saturday, how in your right mind could you draft him, had a look at Brown yesterday playing for Werribee. Most on here with some idea, thought we would take him at 42. He looked very very good yesterday, but why would we want a 197cm mobile forward ruckman, when we can pick a nice bloke like Fuller, at 185cm and slow and cannot play.( s**t I am sick of this bullshit) noticed in Macca's press conference last night, we are not going to teach on Monday, but we are going to work, a different strain of Bullshit.
I think Dalrymple may have topped is Howard selection, although not a first round pick, Fuller is an absolute shocker, would not get a game at Spotswood. TIME FOR BIG CHANGES AT BULLDOGS.
Other point, we have increased our football department spending, since Macca's arrival, by 3 Million??????

Honeychurch did not play for Footscray VFL yesterday. Hard to see him selected this week, but on the other hand Howard did not get a kick for 8 weeks.
Maple talked him up as BOG against Coburg, when he was left on his own playing half back, and would not have been in our best 6, like King Harold said he could have got 20 kicks playing on his own, anyhow, straight into senior side.
I wish a lot of members, would watch our VFL SIDE, seriously that selection is really making fools of us as members.
Played senior football, member for as long as I can remember.
THIS GREAT CLUB IS IN TROUBLE AGAIN.

Lol he meant in the VFL I'm presuming because both are named on our injury list :p He wouldn't have known if they played VFL on the weekend cause of lack of research haha

Honeychurch did not play for Footscray VFL yesterday. Hard to see him selected this week, but on the other hand Howard did not get a kick for 8 weeks.
Maple talked him up as BOG against Coburg, when he was left on his own playing half back, and would not have been in our best 6, like King Harold said he could have got 20 kicks playing on his own, anyhow, straight into senior side.
I wish a lot of members, would watch our VFL SIDE, seriously that selection is really making fools of us as members.
Played senior football, member for as long as I can remember.
THIS GREAT CLUB IS IN TROUBLE AGAIN.
Not everyone can get to the VFL (or even the AFL in my case) so that's why we appreciate your reports Black Pup :)

I agree with the calls for inclusions to give us structure. Play two key defenders ( let Morris play as the third) , play two key forwards, ( let Crameri play as the third) and get Hunter in to give some more class.

Agree

Out: Howard (thanks for your service); Stevens; Cooney (or Gia); Bontempelli
In: Hunter; Cordy; Jones; Boyd / Honeychurch

B: Wood, Roughhead, Morris
HB: Higgins, Williams, Murphy
C: Griff, Boyd, Picken
HF: Grant, Crameri, Hrovat
F: Cordy, Jones, Dal
R: Minson, Macrae, Liberatore
I: Wallis, Tutt, Hunter
S: Gia / Cooney

Boyd for Cooney. Griff isn't 100% right, I'd play him outside the contest (into Cooney's role), allowing an extra spot inside for Boyd. Cooney needs a rocket.
Hunter for Howard. Howard just can't get it at AFL level. Hunter has some tricks we are crying out for, and we need his class.
Cordy for Bonts. Need structure, is playing well. Bonts beatien for a spot by Hrovat, who gives us more with his ball use at this stage.
Jones for Stevens. I like Koby, but Boyd has him covered as a ball-getter / ball-butcher. Jones for structure. Show me something LJ.

He's a change in plan but why not have Minson predominately play FF against Collingwood and instead have Campbell have as the main ruckman. This is a very temporary plan but with our game style he would actually be a pretty good option right in the goal square. Collingwood's KPD are more the agile types than possessing alot of strength and he could do with less ground to cover during the whole game. If he just initiates body contact with his size and marking ability he might draw a couple of defenders in leaving us with a player spare.

Forward Setup against the pies (that I would like to see)

Grant, Crameri, Hunter,
Dahlhaus, Minson, Stringer

In fact I would like to see how he goes at FF for a couple of games (try and refresh the body) and see how many contested marks he could take, least our midfielders can bomb it in there with some form of hope for a contested or overhead mark. Gia to coach him through the week and on gameday.

why not have Minson predominately play FF ... and see how many contested marks he could take, least our midfielders can bomb it in there with some form of hope for a contested or overhead mark.

because big wil has cricket bats for hands

he might clunk the odd one, and force a contest, but he's not a forward's you-know-what. a liability on the rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back