Preview Changes for the Mighty Dogs into the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

This just came up in a twitter post. I haven't checked it but I like what it reads.

In the H&A

Dees
Ave score 85.5
Ave score against 65.5

May & lever playing
Ave score 84.4
Ave against 66.0

Dogs
Ave score 90.6
Ave against 68.2

Keath & Gardner playing
Ave score 98.5
Ave against 58.8

Dees scoring goes down with Lever and May in? 🤔 How odd. Anyone want to venture a guess as to why?

What I find interesting is that across the H&A, the Demons - who are apparently the best defensive side in the universe - only concede 3 less points than the Bulldogs and their supposedly suspect defence. Half a ******* goal lol

Dees scoring goes down with Lever and May in? How odd. Anyone want to venture a guess as to why?

The sample size is really small, it’s statistically insignificant.

OR

Because when May & Lever are back there, the other team transitions slower, thus reducing the amount of time the ball is in Melbourne possession.

What I find interesting is that across the H&A, the Demons - who are apparently the best defensive side in the universe - only concede 3 less points than the Bulldogs and their supposedly suspect defence. Half a ******* goal lol
But the Doggies routinely get smashed by gorilla forwards as we can’t defend the one on one.

Dogs posted this on the website, so I think it's safe to assume Roarke is playing in the GF. The outs will come from elsewhere

Should note this was written by Mitch Cleary for the AFL and the Saturday quote was his unsourced sentence. That's not to say I don't think Roarke will play but I wouldn't read much into. Appears as though all Bulldogs-related AFL Media articles are cross-posted on our site

I think the most impressive aspect of both defences is that they stand up even when the mids get beat.

Both defences conceded under 100 in a combined 49 games out of 49.

Their worst result was 15.6.96 ours was 15.7.97.

The defences will not decide this match

I'd hate to be on the match committee this week. Some massive decisions to be made.

The key back selection is so tricky. Has anyone hypothesised that we may not play Keath? He's a risk because if he goes down early it would make it very difficult as we're unlikely to have picked Garder or Cordy as sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hate to be on the match committee this week. Some massive decisions to be made.

The key back selection is so tricky. Has anyone hypothesised that we may not play Keath? He's a risk because if he goes down early it would make it very difficult as we're unlikely to have picked Garder or Cordy as sub.

Think the club said that if it was a GF last week he would have played. So I’m guessing he’s 100% ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon it's:

Keath in for Cordy

Weightman in for JJ

Sub is JJ

I just think VDM provides so much pressure, which is what wins finals. And from the sounds of things the coaches are really happy with what Roarke has been providing on the wing.
I dont think we drop any tall defender.
I think Keath gets Brown
Cordy gets McDonald but maybe Wood gets this role.
Gards gets Gawn / Jackson

Did it get real for anyone else this morning? Been pretty calm about it for the past week but fu** me im keen for Saturday

As soon as my head hits the pillow I’m thinking about it, which is making sleep a bit ordinary. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that “it’s just a game”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I cant decide between JJ and VDM. JJ has the finals experience, doesnt have stage fright, and could play off half back if absolutely required.

VDM has more speed and intensity around the contest which will be fantastic in the first 2 quarters, but has less experience in and that suspect hammy.

I cant decide between JJ and VDM. JJ has the finals experience, doesnt have stage fright, and could play off half back if absolutely required.

VDM has more speed and intensity around the contest which will be fantastic in the first 2 quarters, but has less experience in and that suspect hammy.
Melbourne have no winning grand final experience with only Lever experiencing a grand final.

But they're apparently going to romp it in so experience probably doesn't matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back