Preview Changes for the Mighty Dogs into the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a pretty ordinary decision if true.

Cordy will get killed on the lead
The way to beat Brown is not out run him on the lead, its to outbody him before he gets a good lead in. Cordy will be better at that than Gardner.
I thought we may go with 3 talls in the backline, but it sounds like Wood will be playing tall

If Gards is sub that leaves one spot for JJ, VDM and Scott. I wonder how we’ll go.

I made the mistake of wandering to the Melbourne changes thread , where a few posters are bashing Treloar’s problems (though others are calling it out) I hope he plays a ******* blinder.

look. You’ve got one of the best lists. Losing to us in April is nothing off the back of not losing a game

we needed the win, you didn’t. Just a nice little early season loss to keep the spikes sharp. Doggies will go deep this year

Told you blokes in April. Good luck for the weekend, genuine 50/50 but good enough to win it and I reckon you’ll get it done.

I still firmly believe that VDM will be incredibly unlucky and be dropped for Weightman with Scott as the sub, JJ starting. VDM is better than Scott but we need someone in that position that has the flexibility to play multiple roles.

Scott showed in the prelim he can come on and have an immediate impact too. VDM injury history scares me. I’m not sure he’s the type of guy who can warm up in 5-10 minutes and be ready to play either.
The sub doesnt have to be super versatile. As sub VDM could come into a forward pocket and JJ could go to a wing / hbf if required. There are enough players in the 22 on the ground that can move around. It doesnt have to be the sub the plays out of their favoured position

Feel very sorry for Gards but with Melbourne's very specific front half turnover style of game this was always the likely outcome unfortunately.

Confident Zaine will halve a couple of crucial contests when it counts.

If Gards is sub that leaves one spot for JJ, VDM and Scott. I wonder how we’ll go.

I made the mistake of wandering to the Melbourne changes thread , where a few posters are bashing Treloar’s problems (though others are calling it out) I hope he plays a ******* blinder.
There's no player I want to win the Norm Smith Medal more than Treloar.

My dream scenario would be Treloar winning the Norm Smith Medal and (as a former Norm Smith Medalist) Nathan Buckley presenting the award to him. Four years too late for that one.

After all this perceived talk of the Bulldogs targeting Gawn like he is Michael Gardiner at the Western Oval, Cordy into the Ruck!

View attachment 1243762

Imagine the ******* uproar if Gawn got taken out by a stray knee in the contest by Naughton or Cordy, there would genuinely be people online calling for the offender to be crippled.

It's worth remembering Cordy had a very good game against Melbourne in round 19. Won a lot of 1v1s, laid some big tackles and didn't butcher any kicks. The only downside of his game that day was being led to the ball by Brown a few times, but I expect Keath to have that matchup so I wouldn't be too concerned about that.

Gardner would've been my pick personally, but I suspect Cordy won his spot for what he does with the ball in his hands under pressure, which the coaches would know is crucial if we want to avoid a repeat of round 11's turnover party. Sadly for Gardner there was a super clear example where he didn't quite handle that pressure against Port (the rundown tackle from Gray), and an equally clear example where Cordy did handle it (stepping through Dixon's tackle in traffic and getting a safe kick out of D50).

The way to beat Brown is not out run him on the lead, its to outbody him before he gets a good lead in. Cordy will be better at that than Gardner.
I thought we may go with 3 talls in the backline, but it sounds like Wood will be playing tall

Just don't make any meat jokes, that will rile him up - butter nuttlex him up with how much you admire vegans and he's got such a nice heart that he won't want to beat us. Plus we're dogs, not demonic spirits, and he won't want to harm animals. Fake the sore paw or sommit.

Today is the first day the nerves are kicking in - just trying to summon up some good karma tactics.

I have not had Gardiner in the side most of the year and haven't been a fan based on turnovers and getting caught when taking too long to dispose of the ball. I must say he has really improved and the fact people are upset with him possibly missing says a lot for his development.

Could go either way and both him and Cordy and one would be unlucky to miss. Gardner getting caught HTB last week by Dixon is probably still the issue for him, but his agressive approach to the game is really becoming a strength. He also is learning to play within his limitations.

On the plus side, Ben Brown will be the likely matchup for them. Ben f*** Brown. I'd back both to limit his limited influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cordy gets Brown, Williams Tmac, Keath resting ruck.

McDonald likes to get on the move up towards the wings. Williams perfect to go with him.

Really hope VDM doesn’t miss out but it’s looking likely. I don’t see how he could be given his influence on the first half v Port . But then JJ has gradually returned to close to his best.

tough tough calls to be made.

Imagine the ******* uproar if Gawn got taken out by a stray knee in the contest by Naughton or Cordy, there would genuinely be people online calling for the offender to be crippled.
Hmmmmm.

Dougie quoted Sutton's famous "shop early" line and Cordy gets named....

I know for a fact Roarke was told Tuesday his playing
I hope so. His sacrificial run with roles will be vital to stop Brayshaw killing our switches, a la the first game against Melbourne this year.

I've enjoyed reading both teams previews this week.

The Dees board - 'Can't believe the Dogs are rushing back Keath from his hammy!'

All the while ignoring the fact that their FB barely got through the QF with a sore hammy.

They are very very confident over there. I think the Dogs spirit will get them in the last quarter on Satdy night.

See the thing is they over there think they already have it won. They don't realise they have a very capable and arguably more talented opponent.

Did RSmith play in that first Melbourne game?
Yep. 20 disposals which seems a bit high, perhaps was more of a head to head role that game?
Brayshaw was wandering around doing what he liked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back