Unofficial Preview Changes/Preview: The Premiers vs The Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have picked a team on who is available, doubt Bev and the MC would take gambles on anyone. Had all week to plan and I for one feel we go into this game with an even chance. Bulldogs against the odds, nothing unusual there. GO U DOGS

We need to replicate what we did to Port last year in Adelaide.
We lowered our eye's and hit up really short targets in the forward line. We never bombed it long. Redpath played as the traditional leading FF and was hit up time and time again and converted everything from 35 to 50 out. His best game for the Club.
Yep absolutely, think that's exactly how we're planning to play tonight with the changes. Think we're going to use a more kicking heavy game plan (brought in good disposers) and try to keep possession off wce and hit up our leading targets inside 50.

My only real concern about tonight is no Stringer, think he's been great for us this year and you just can't make up for his random brilliance in the forward line. Usually good for 2-3 goals a game too

Yep absolutely, think that's exactly how we're planning to play tonight with the changes. Think we're going to use a more kicking heavy game plan (brought in good disposers) and try to keep possession off wce and hit up our leading targets inside 50.

My only real concern about tonight is no Stringer, think he's been great for us this year and you just can't make up for his random brilliance in the forward line. Usually good for 2-3 goals a game too

No Stringer hurts. Fast becoming one of our most versatile players.
Having said that he wasn't hitting his straps when we played them last time.

Suggesting wally, crameri, Biggs, roughy won't play next week
It possible. I mean Crameri and Biggs are well out of form anyway so can probably disregard them.
We might have already decided Wallis and Roughy need more weeks to get fitness back. They are both on the ball so will do more running than Dickson, hence have a greater fitness base to build back up.

It's consistent with Bev bringing forwards (Clay, Redpath, Dickson next week if true) back from injury earlier than mids.

Edit: Also as someone else mentioned, keep an eye on how many minutes these guys play in the VFL for an indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back