Preview Changes: R21 vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

That seems a bit weird ... if the 15K number was based on the total seating capacity of AO to get a safe people density, but then they squash everyone into half the seating area, they would have doubled the density.

Then again, if the 15K number and density was based on the seating capacity of just the Western Stand, then they ought to be able to open more the oval up and have more people.

~v~~~~~~
They did the same thing at a recent Geelong game at kardinia park. Looked odd but understandable from a commercial perspective.

They did the same thing at a recent Geelong game at kardinia park. Looked odd but understandable from a commercial perspective.
And defeats the purpose.

Ticks a box in a COVID Plan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I am more likely to support ISIS's efforts to decapitate 100 innocent children than support the Crow's winning anything- other than another glorious wooden spoon.

Start with the Port kids, if you can find 100 innocent ones 😂

Thilthorpe back?

Or does he need to have a run in the twos after not playing much for a while?
Yesterday it was suggested Thilthorpe would have another week off & Berg would remain m.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a fair question.
Are you keen to have a look at him b

Do you think rain is a disadvantage to us? I'm surprised!
Given that rain means it's more a battle of territory, I'd have thought our mids might be of some benefit. I know we cane them weekly about their lack of delivery, but they do know how to extract the ball in close. The hack kick forward into our forward half does present a few opportunities though. Assuming marking is difficult, I think we could swarm to produce some ugly wet weather goals.
Let's see...

Against a team like Port? Big time.

For as much as they're an utter disappointment, they're also a pretty hardened finals side at this point, with a good mixture of inside and outside class. They're not the gatekeeper team for nothing you know ;). We also aren't a team that excels in a contested situation either. Quite the opposite really as we've lived and died on our running game this year. Rain does neuter that.

Against a team like Port? Big time.

For as much as they're an utter disappointment, they're also a pretty hardened finals side at this point, with a good mixture of inside and outside class. They're not the gatekeeper team for nothing you know ;). We also aren't a team that excels in a contested situation either. Quite the opposite really as we've lived and died on our running game this year. Rain does neuter that.
Like the explanation. Thanks.
But I hope you're wrong. Get ready for a big "I told you so" after a famous victory.
Gulp!

Thilthorpe back?

Or does he need to have a run in the twos after not playing much for a while?

Difficult call, Berg was good. Do you drop the good for the undoubtably elite? Historically, we can't not favour the guy doing an ok job. Not good, not bad, well, maybe a little bad, but that's iron clad enough to guarantee selection.

15k crowd, FMD - Australia really is still a nanny state. How many more compromised seasons are we going to have at this point? COVID's here to stay, get the country jabbed and move on for christs sake.

Anyway, on the game - personally I'd just be happy if we knocked a few of those shithouses into next week, legally or ilegally. Will it happen probably not. Not overly bothered about the result at this point, it's another 'fake season' in my eyes and I'll take the premium picks and reset for 2024/5 now.

15k crowd, FMD - Australia really is still a nanny state. How many more compromised seasons are we going to have at this point? COVID's here to stay, get the country jabbed and move on for christs sake.

Anyway, on the game - personally I'd just be happy if we knocked a few of those shithouses into next week, legally or ilegally. Will it happen probably not. Not overly bothered about the result at this point, it's another 'fake season' in my eyes and I'll take the premium picks and reset for 2024/5 now.
I know what you mean, I wish we were so much more like the old US of A. They've sure shown the world how to do it. Who cares about COVID, footy's so much more important.
:rolleyes:

Masks to be worn at all times unless eating or drinking. Just hold a drink all game.
Gawd really? That's a long time to be wearing a mask. Not sure if I can be bothered
we cant be bothered, just going to stay home and watch it on TV
At least they won't have to worry about ducking out the way of the ball. Well unless Bonner is playing.

Four posts I wish weren’t true, but are.

Kane McGoodwin a fine environment our esteemed experts have created isn’t it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back